Should we support AMD?

This is what I am going to sell:

• i5 4440
  • Asus H87M Pro with the latest Bios
  • GTX 970 G1 Gaming with AS5 as the TIM
  • Abit VP6 (latest Bios) with 2x Pentium III EB1000 and 4x512MB matched and unknown SDRAM (from the same batch, serial numbers within 20 and 2 are sequential) that can run at 150MHz

The reason I'm selling the VP6 is that my P5Q Deluxe replaced it-and I'm not selling my P5Q Turbo on Ebay as its got some issues that I didn't pick up until the return period was up (it works but 1 RAM slot has a dead clip-which is negated by how tightly sticks fit.

Edit: I've got a Corsair Force LS 60GB and OCZ ARC 100 240GB-I'm fine for SSD.

ARc 100 is fucking insane SSDs..

Kitguru did a endurance test on them. they are rated at 22TB over their life... their worst SSD did 250 TB before dying, their best did little over 600TB before dying... yet OCZ still claims only 22TB endurance....

Kitguru tested 5 drives simultaneously...

ARc 100 is fucking insane SSDs..

Kitguru did a endurance test on them. they are rated at 22TB over their life... their worst SSD did 250 TB before dying, their best did little over 600TB before dying... yet OCZ still claims only 22TB endurance....

Kitguru tested 5 drives simultaneously...

Far better than the Force LS-in writes it gets beaten by my WD Blue as its degraded badly, and the SMART status still is healthy and hasn't changed. And the performance you get when buying the Arc 100 when compared to the price of other SSD.......

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Never put my name in the same post as an R9 295X2.

1. AIO-don't have the room with my Seidon 120V installed

2. Power consumption

3. Do you want my Corsair CX850M to go up in flames?

4. VRM run far too hot

5. Never going to buy a dual GPU card as if 1 GPU fails the card is fucked

VRMs are fine, i proved that with thermal imaging of my own OCd card...

even when OCd they barely exceeded 100c... that was without my side intake fan blowing on the card....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/459178-r9-295x2-the-bullshit-excuses-ends-now/

Been running my card with this OC for 2-3 months now... running F@H for a lot of the time... it is pinned at 100% quite often, so yeah... the VRMs will last.

The TitanX VRMs runs hotter, yet nobody cares and doesnt cry about that and still tries to OC their TitanX to ridiculous lengths.

VRMs are fine, i proved that with thermal imaging of my own OCd card...

even when OCd they barely exceeded 100c... that was without my side intake fan blowing on the card....

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/459178-r9-295x2-the-bullshit-excuses-ends-now/

Been running my card with this OC for 2-3 months now... running F@H for a lot of the time... it is pinned at 100% quite often, so yeah... the VRMs will last.

The TitanX VRMs runs hotter, yet nobody cares and doesnt cry about that and still tries to OC their TitanX to ridiculous lengths.

I will not have anything in my rig running that hot-especially when I can get 2 separate graphics cards that have no thermal issues (100oC is a massive problem) at all, and have 8GB of vRAM each.

PMSL

I will not have anything in my rig running that hot-especially when I can get 2 separate graphics cards that have no thermal issues (100oC is a massive problem) at all, and have 8GB of vRAM each.

if the WHOLE card was 100c, yes massive issue

if a small part of it is, nope

is running at 100c good? no

will it set your card on fire? no

will it degrade the lifespan of the card? yes, by maybe a year.... It will still last a long long long time....

Also, check out this thread for some lulz benchmarks i did of my storage drives....

Arc100 is slightly faster then kingston drive, so this should be a indicator how much you "can" improve stuff...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/455797-so-i-benched-my-systems-storage-drives/

if the WHOLE card was 100c, yes massive issue

if a small part of it is, nope

is running at 100c good? no

will it set your card on fire? no

will it degrade the lifespan of the card? yes, by maybe a year.... It will still last a long long long time....

Also, check out this thread for some lulz benchmarks i did of my storage drives....

Arc100 is slightly faster then kingston drive, so this should be a indicator how much you "can" improve stuff...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/455797-so-i-benched-my-systems-storage-drives/

Components don't last as long at higher temperatures-even VRM. And I'll BRB after I bench the SSD.

PMSL

Components don't last as long at higher temperatures-even VRM. And I'll BRB after I bench the SSD.

as long is true, but most of the stuff made today is meant to exceed their warranty period by a wide margin, even when abused....

not 100% about R9 295x2 VRMs, but many VRM chips are rated at 120c TJMAX....

not to mention, the lifespan of the card (going from brand new to totally bricked) would drop by maybe a year or two... Which in turn means it would last say 6-7 years instead of 7-9 years

I say yes, as long as you're not looking for Titan X performance because that's the only place Nvidia really shines otherwise AMD comes really close.
I guess features could play a roll in choosing Nvidia but technically Steam's  In-Home Streaming should do the job. Though I could see why someone would go for Gamestream instead. Regardless AMD still is the best in price to performance. I suppose another reason Nvidia might seem more attractive to someone is the better performance/watt than AMD and a marginal price difference (generally).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

as long is true, but most of the stuff made today is meant to exceed their warranty period by a wide margin, even when abused....

not 100% about R9 295x2 VRMs, but many VRM chips are rated at 120c TJMAX....

not to mention, the lifespan of the card (going from brand new to totally bricked) would drop by maybe a year or two... Which in turn means it would last say 6-7 years instead of 7-9 years

I've got graphics cards with a lifespan rated in decades-the 295X2 will never fit that.

And my SSD+HDD (I was doing all 3 at the same time, not enough time to do them separately)

post-155575-0-30772700-1444167800_thumb.

PMSL

I've got graphics cards with a lifespan rated in decades-the 295X2 will never fit that.

And my SSD+HDD (I was doing all 3 at the same time, not enough time to do them separately)

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

need to use ARC100 more often in my build suggestions...

dunno who the new TRION 100 stacks up, it is slightly cheaper version, so prolly worse writes...

need to use ARC100 more often in my build suggestions...

dunno who the new TRION 100 stacks up, it is slightly cheaper version, so prolly worse writes...

Yeah....cheap SSD that are fast, have decent capacities and are reliable.

PMSL

Neither. AMD sucks. Intel and nVidia all the way. I can't wait to pay $10k on a GTX 750.

Black and green build, I call it "Murphy". - CPU: Intel i5 4690k at 3.5 GHz - GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X SOC Force - RAM: 8GB 1866 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro (gold) - PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - Storage: 240GB Corsair Force LE SSD & 1TB Western Digital Black HDD - Case: Corsair Carbide 300r - Lighting: 2 green Logisys LED sticks (currently removed)

Neither. AMD sucks. Intel and nVidia all the way. I can't wait to pay $10k on a GTX 750.

you will never get the joy of paying 10k for a 750... not unless it is a numbered nintendo/star wars special edition cooler on it

you will never get the joy of paying 10k for a 750... not unless it is a numbered nintendo/star wars special edition cooler on it

And has one of those micro-transaction laden games (I think he was trolling BTW-or trying to).

PMSL