"Dual-core iPhone 6s obliterates Galaxy S6, Note 5 and other top Android phones in performance tests"

SirNumbers

Are they not ARM designed like most phone CPUs?

most in quantity it is probably ARM who designs them the cortex ones most chinese phones have them so there is the quantity, most high end phones have cpus designed by Qualcomm based on arm, samsung recently stated including cpus in their phones that are own design those are the exyons also based on arm, apple designs their own 'A' series also based on arm, and asus buys intel's atom cpu's.

Since when is a 0.09% difference on the multi-core score enough to be classified as "obliterate"?

Those are some impressive single core performance numbers though, but I think it's kind of ridiculous to say it's better than the Note 5 and other top Android phones.

since the apple is dual core only. + all the properly optimised apps and OS for those exact dual cores. anyway think of it like intel vs amd

and thats what we should care about.not this stupid specs rush but software.

Edited by s3ns3

but not that much bigger.

So almost twice is "not that much?"

The iPhone has a 1700mAh battery and the Note 5 has a 3000mAh battery, that's a pretty big difference imo.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Needs more real life tests, gaming benchmarks? Graphic benchmarks at least?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The iPhone has a 1700mAh battery and the Note 5 has a 3000mAh battery, that's a pretty big difference imo.

The 6 plus has 3000 mAh, I'm not sure about the 6S plus though.

Checked it, 2915 mAh pretty close.

Pascal laptops guide

Cnet are reporting only 1811 which is still impressive but is no where near what is shown in the article, skip to around 1 minute and 50 seconds

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

No that's useless. Just a different design. Samsung is on big.Little you can see the 1 core performance and 4 core performance scale 1 to 3 pretty much which is great. The 4 small cores are power efficient though which is why Note 5 smashes iPhone 6 plus in battery, yes it has a bigger battery, but not that much bigger.

We haven't seen the battery tests yet. I will wait until gsm arena gets the tests done, last time the iPhone 6 plus scored 79 and the note 5 scored 87.

Pascal laptops guide

So basically it's like running a higher clocked i5, against a lower clocked i7 in only gaming.... Then saying that the i5 crushes the i7. :rolleyes:

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

We haven't seen the battery tests yet. I will wait until gsm arena gets the tests done, last time the iPhone 6 plus scored 79 and the note 5 scored 87.

iPhones score high because of their standby, which is software being great, actual device usage time is quite a bit lower.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

So basically it's like running a higher clocked i5, against a lower clocked i7 in only gaming.... Then saying that the i5 crushes the i7. :rolleyes:

No. Not at all. Its a more powerful core. Its like running a i7 Extreme edition vs an energy effecient version

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

since the apple is dual core only. + all the properly optimised apps and OS for those exact dual cores. anyway think of it like intel vs amd

It's not the same thing, because not only does intel offer hyperthreaded solutions to compensate the shortcomings of lower core counts, but they are also in an identical playing field with amd. In this case however, only extremely low end android phones have dual cores nowadays, and developers compensate for that by optimizing their software accordingly. In the end the only score that counts in any way in that benchmark is the multithreaded score, and the note does remarkably well for being a relatively dated device (compared to the 6s which just dropped).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

iPhone 6 plus and note 5.

6 doesn't last nearly as long as note 5 AND it has the advantage of a tiny low resolution display.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

iPhones score high because of their standby, which is software being great, actual device usage time is quite a bit lower.

Exactly, standby is well optimised but the battery itself isn't too large.

Pascal laptops guide

No. Not at all. Its a more powerful core. Its like running a i7 Extreme edition vs an energy effecient version

Going to have to agree to disagree on that one.... Because of how they were designed to be used. They were never designed to be used as a single threaded processor. While it's much different with a dual core processor because most times they run extremely well single threaded. That's why you see barely any difference when it comes to the multi threaded test.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

most in quantity it is probably ARM who designs them the cortex ones most chinese phones have them so there is the quantity, most high end phones have cpus designed by Qualcomm based on arm, samsung recently stated including cpus in their phones that are own design those are the exyons also based on arm, apple designs their own 'A' series also based on arm, and asus buys intel's atom cpu's.

Samsung uses ARM designs as well. The CPUs in their Exynos chips are not custom made.

and thats what we should care about.not this stupid specs rush but software.

1) Well it's basically a dual core vs a quad core in this test. The LITTLE cores probably get shut down for thermal and power reasons.

2) They are not "properly optimized apps and OS for those exact dual cores". The iPhone + models don't even render things at native resolution. It's not like the iPhone has some special instruction set either. It's just Objective C code being compiled for ARMv8. At most you can say apps are "optimized" because developers can target specific phones and know how well they perform and can tune things like graphics settings accordingly. "Optimization" won't give higher performance in these kinds of tests.

3) It's not like AMD vs Intel. Not sure if it's your AMD vs Intel knowledge that's lacking or your ARM knowledge, but it's one of the two.

4) Specs are incredibly important. The iPhone has a great CPU and a fantastic GPU. It's not because of "software otpimziations"

Cnet are reporting only 1811 which is still impressive but is no where near what is shown in the article, skip to around 1 minute and 50 seconds

-snip-

MKBHD got 2534 in single core, so I am going to bet that the Cnet numbers are inaccurate.

Getting mine this Friday. I'm still rocking a Droid Bionic from 2010. Will be a worthy upgrade.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

does this mean I can swipe screens, send texts to my dog, and read e-books 50% faster?!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Not like this is surprising, everyone should know by now that Apple is really good with optimization (mostly because they only have to cater to a select few phones), it's why they can get away with making cheaper chips. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Core per core its almost 50% higher thats insane

Intel could probably make a single core that runs at 8 ghz. The galaxy note 5 has 8 cores, if the Iphone 6s doesnt beat it in single core performance, it's in big trouble.

Interesting, but I'd hope they'd be the fastest; the phone just came out. It should beat everything before it, especially the phones that have already been out for months.

Compare this to the SD820. Then we'll see what's what.

No that's useless. Just a different design. Samsung is on big.Little you can see the 1 core performance and 4 core performance scale 1 to 3 pretty much which is great. The 4 small cores are power efficient though which is why Note 5 smashes iPhone 6 plus in battery, yes it has a bigger battery, but not that much bigger.

Don't forget that the Note 5 has an even larger screen, with more pixels, in a considerably smaller body.

...the last part was just thrown in to show they can be just as design forward as Apple.

two sets of processing nodes, low load and smaller lighter tasks uses the weaker cluster and keeps the larger 4c off. 4 small 4 big. 

I don't get why we're comparing the single core of a dual core and a single core of a 4 core (8 total, typically 4 measured) 

and the term "obliterates" is clearly arbitrary 

Because it's a BGR piece. And they suck on Apple's teat as if there's no more liquids left in the world, and that's the only source of anything good.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Lets not forget the iPad Pro is meant to be 150% FASTER than the A9 in the 6S

that means it will literally be INSANE

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"obliterates"

Was gonna say the same thing.

Intel could probably make a single core that runs at 8 ghz. The galaxy note 5 has 8 cores, if the Iphone 6s doesnt beat it in single core performance, it's in big trouble.

They tried to. 220W TDP CPU didn't appeal to them.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

so now it can run a Win7 on a VM like the cheaper zenfone does right?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

"obliterates"

For single core yes. But it's still clickbait. The multicore are essentially identical. It's still impressive what Apple can do with 2 cores, but I don't think performance on benchmarks is a reason to buy a phone since like 2012 when it actually meant something about the experience.

CPU:  Intel i7-4790K      Cooler:  Noctua NH-D14     GPU: ZOTAC GTX 1070 TI MINI     Motherboard:  ASUS Z97 Gryphon     RAM:  32GB G Skill Trident X     

Storage: 2x 512GB Samsung 850 EVO (RAID 0) / 2TB Seagate Barracuda     PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNova G2     Case: Fractal Design Node 804