[Mini-News] Apple iPhone 6s and iPad Pro RAM specs

TroubleKlef

ipad_pro_roundup.jpg

According to iOS developer Hamza Sood, the iPhone 6s and iPad Pro will be have 2gb and 4gb of ram respectively. The ram specification was discovered using Xcode and while these findings have not been confirmed by Apple, they align with the pre-release rumors and Adobe's leaks.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/13/xcode-iphone-6s-2gb-ram-ipad-pro-4gb-ram/

http://gizmodo.com/new-iphone-specs-confirmed-2gb-of-ram-on-board-1730460230

I'm not sure why Apple is always so secretive about their ram specs and it's a bummer that we have to rely on third parties to figure it out. If the findings turn out to be true, I'm happy to see that Apple decided to up the ram capacities. Having the extra ram on the iPhone isn't needed but it's definitely welcome and Apple increases the credibility of the iPad Pro as a productivity device with its increased ram.

I'm not sure why Apple is always so secretive about their ram specs and it's a bummer that we have to rely on third parties to figure it out.

Because people are stupid and start comparing specs of different devices ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

4GB is really not that good, it was expected but still. Running Photoshop iOS version will probably be quite bad. Same goes for the AutoCAD software. And I don't even know how they thought that that video editing was at all possible.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

ipad_pro_roundup.jpg

According to iOS developer Hamza Sood, the iPhone 6s and iPad Pro will be have 2gb and 4gb of ram respectively. The ram specification was discovered using Xcode and while these findings have not been confirmed by Apple, they align with the pre-release rumors and Adobe's leaks.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/13/xcode-iphone-6s-2gb-ram-ipad-pro-4gb-ram/

http://gizmodo.com/new-iphone-specs-confirmed-2gb-of-ram-on-board-1730460230

I'm not sure why Apple is always so secretive about their ram specs and it's a bummer that we have to rely on third parties to figure it out. If the findings turn out to be true, I'm happy to see that Apple decided to up the ram capacities. Having the extra ram on the iPhone isn't needed but it's definitely welcome and Apple increases the credibility of the iPad Pro as a productivity device with its increased ram.

What's the point of the iPad Pro? It's just a glorified social media device. And don't try to make the argument "Oh, it's for productivity because it has a stylus and can run the Photoshop app..." It doesn't fucking matter! You could get a Surface Pro with even better specs and it can run full blown Photoshop as well as any other application you can throw at it because it's actually meant for productivity. But if you really want productivity, I'd suggest all Apple users go fuck themselves and buy a Wacom Windows based tablet.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What's the point of the iPad Pro? It's just a glorified social media device. And don't try to make the argument "Oh, it's for productivity because it has a stylus and can run the Photoshop app..." It doesn't fucking matter! You could get a Surface Pro with even better specs and it can run full blown Photoshop as well as any other application you can throw at it because it's actually meant for productivity. But if you really want productivity, I'd suggest all Apple users go fuck themselves and buy a Wacom Windows based tablet.

It's natural to question Apple's endeavors as they're one of the few companies who try to reinvent the market. People scoffed at the idea of the original iPad calling it a glorified iPhone but it reinvented how we see tablets today. I am hesitant to call the iPad Pro a home run but I've learned to stop discrediting Apple products before they hit shelves.

The iPad Pro is fucking useless. It can't do more than an ipad and is just bigger. The fact that it is running iOS is the biggest problem though. If Apple had decided to use OS X with a touch friendly UI or an Emulated iOS on top of OS X, then it would have been useful, but that thing will stay on the shelves (At least I hope so). 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

It's natural to question Apple's endeavors as they're one of the few companies who try to reinvent the market. People scoff'd at the idea of the original iPad calling it a glorified iPhone but it reinvented how we see tablets today. I am hesitant to call the iPad Pro a home run but I've learned to stop discrediting Apple products before they hit shelves.

Its not re-inventing the market any more however-its just copying.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's natural to question Apple's endeavors as they're one of the few companies who try to reinvent the market. People scoffed at the idea of the original iPad calling it a glorified iPhone but it reinvented how we see tablets today. I am hesitant to call the iPad Pro a home run but I've learned to stop discrediting Apple products before they hit shelves.

It is literally a larger iPad.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

in fact you could buy an asus t100ta and it would run photoshop better than the ipad for less than half the price

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The iPad Pro is fucking useless. If Apple had decided to use OS X with a touch friendly UI or an Emulated iOS on top of OS X, then it would have been useful, but that thing will stay on the shelves (At least I hope so). 

Apple seems to love their ARM hardware-which is kind of funny as all Intel needs to do is pretty much make a cheaper Skylake based CPU which is x86 and flogs the crap out of anything ARM. Either that or Apple should start using one of the current mobile sku.

PMSL

4GB is really not that good, it was expected but still. Running Photoshop iOS version will probably be quite bad. Same goes for the AutoCAD software. And I don't even know how they thought that that video editing was at all possible.

Pretty sure iOS apps are RAM efficient

That's what innovation is. Improving on old designs. Nobody is saying Apple invented the wheel here.

Btw before you ask, by re-invent I meant renewing an old market. Not creating a new one from scratch.

The iPad Pro is fucking useless. It can't do more than an ipad and is just bigger. The fact that it is running iOS is the biggest problem though. If Apple had decided to use OS X with a touch friendly UI or an Emulated iOS on top of OS X, then it would have been useful, but that thing will stay on the shelves (At least I hope so). 

Wait, this is just the first device. I'm pretty sure Apple's grand plan is to turn iOS into OS X. And before you go touting that iOS doesn't have powerful features, this is just the first version. There's iOS 10, 11 to come which may be just geared to making the iPad a much much more powerful device

Pretty sure iOS apps are RAM efficient

Doesn't matter. It still only has the app versions of higher tier software. It's not "Pro"fessional enough. It has extremely limited functionality and usability in these apps versus the Windows tablet alternative. 

Correction: Not copying, making it better. How? Surface wasn't a success because it ran full blown windows in a small tiny touch screen. Yes you can add keyboard, mouse and external monitor but then what's the point? People could easily get clamshells for half the price

This is just the first iOS pro device from Apple. Their plan was to start from iOS now and extend its capabilities into something like OS X rather than the other way around which MS took. Given that the amount of developer support Apple got (even from MS), its not far off. Perhaps iOS 10 or 11 will be massive upgrade changing iOS from a mobile OS into a full blown powerful OS

Wait, this is just the first device. I'm pretty sure Apple's grand plan is to turn iOS into OS X. And before you go touting that iOS doesn't have powerful features, this is just the first version. There's iOS 10, 11 to come which may be just geared to making the iPad a much much more powerful device

I don't think so. The "grand plan" is probably to make OS X run on ARM. Apple understands that you can't have an UI that is mouse and touch friendly at the same time. There is already a pretty powerful x86 to ARM emulator and Apple has designed their own Processors for a while now. I see no reason why they shouldn't use an upcoming A10 or A11 CPU in a laptop. This Ipad would have been a chance for a test in a lower volume device.

Doesn't matter. It still only has the app versions of higher tier software. It's not "Pro"fessional enough. It has extremely limited functionality and usability in these apps versus the Windows tablet alternative. 

Don't judge anything just be sheer number especially in the case of Apple. It might look not "professional" right now (before it's even released). Give it a few years, Apple typically supports their device for really long time and this thing can turn into something great.

Windows tablets aren't having a huge success due to Microsoft very poor attempt to fuse the device together. Apple on the other hand never commits those kind of mistakes. Read my previous comment on my hypothesis of what Apple's planning to do

That's what innovation is. Improving on old designs. Nobody is saying Apple invented the wheel here.

Btw before you ask, by re-invent I meant renewing an old market. Not creating a new one from scratch.

They aren't innovating either.

PMSL

They aren't innovating either.

Could we stay on topic and not have this discussion in every fucking Apple thread ever? Thanks

Don't judge anything just be sheer number especially in the case of Apple. It might look not "professional" right now (before it's even released). Give it a few years, Apple typically supports their device for really long time and this thing can turn into something great.

Windows tablets aren't having a huge success due to Microsoft very poor attempt to fuse the device together. Apple on the other hand never commits those kind of mistakes. Read my previous comment on my hypothesis of what Apple's planning to do

I doubt it. Apple doesn't do mid-product-run advancements like that.

I don't think so. The "grand plan" is probably to make OS X run on ARM. Apple understands that you can't have an UI that is mouse and touch friendly at the same time. There is already a pretty powerful x86 to ARM emulator and Apple has designed their own Processors for a while now. I see no reason why they shouldn't use an upcoming A10 or A11 CPU in a laptop. This Ipad would have been a chance for a test in a lower volume device.

They won't replace x86 completely. Maybe only on their MacBook and mac mini lineup, not the pros. As I said before, given how they touted iPad pro being the next productivity based device, it pretty logical to think apple's turning iOS into something bigger. Well, that's just my opinion. We'll come back to this after a few years

I doubt it. Apple doesn't do mid-product-run advancements like that.

By the specs, they can atleast for first 2-3 years before massively more powerful iPad Pro 2 and 3 comes out that outclasses this device. As I said its just groundwork right now

Could we stay on topic and not have this discussion in every fucking Apple thread ever? Thanks

They started it.

PMSL

in fact you could buy an asus t100ta and it would run photoshop better than the ipad for less than half the price

I like the part where you compare an under powered shitty tablet to a brand new device you've never seen because it literally isn't out yet. Classic lTT.