[Mini-News] Apple iPhone 6s and iPad Pro RAM specs

TroubleKlef

arguing looks = subjective

arguing specs = objective

don't blurr the lines. for some reason, when it is Apple we discuss specs of, people bring their feelings into it.

keep your feelings out of objective discussions for the love of god.

I never argued about looks anywhere. The quote does not mean literally 'only the looks', I'm talking about no one has ever used and wait till it comes out for a while

The first point is a lie, period. There are a lot of cheap phones that are widely available to the public. zenfone 2, huawei p8, nexus 5 are just a few examples. The taxes argument is also wrong, because apple has 80% of the mobile market's profits with only 20% of the marketshare, which is EVIDENCE of them charging multiple times what they paid - taxes don't do that.

The second point is also uninformed or a lie. Oneplus is just one company, there are plenty others and I would bet you have no experience with the vast majority of them.

Windows 10 is not particularly incomplete, the fact is that the install base grew extremely fast on widely different devices as a result of it being a free upgrade. There are BOUND to be a lot of people getting problems after something like that. Those who know what they're doing mostly had no problems or solved the ones they had with a clean install.

Then why are you here arguing with me? I said clearly that I think the ipad pro is a product that makes no sense for the price and is a good choice for nobody. You then proceded on defending it. If you agree with me, what are you here to say? Of course if it were 300$ then it would be a nice tablet option, I don't dispute that. I simply think it's garbage for the price, and I have facts to support that.

The OS cannot be "tweaked" so solve the inherent problems it has from a productivity standpoint for two reasons. 1) it would mean redesigning the gui from the ground up and 2) an arm-based cpu is simply not as good as x86 for this sort of tasks. If they get a core i5 in there and a touch-optimized version of mac os on it, then we can talk tweaks - although the lack of ports would quite possibly still cripple it.

Judge a book by its cover? Excuse me, who here has brought up the looks? Because it wasn't me. I know exactly what is inside that book and if it solved my gripes but looked like garbage I'd prefer it.

those phones are available worldwide? zenfone isn't, until nexus 6 it was only available in grey market and huwawei is chinese. Apple has profits because they only seel high end phones while other companies dont make as much as they sell mostly lower end ones

So you're saying that huawei, oppo, etc, etc have the same support like apple, samsung and lg?

I didn't say anything about bugs! What I said is its inconsistent. It has 4 different kinds of contextual menus among other stuff like changing the colour from black to other colours doesn't change the whole UI, lack of proper animations for different types of windows. All of this which can be easily fixed but No

No point in arguing with that as you won't accept it anyway. Just let time tell

Not looks!! It does not literally mean about looks. Shoot myself for bringing up that to someone who doesn't know its meaning

I'm done this is getting boring

those phones are available worldwide? zenfone isn't, until nexus 6 it was only available in grey market and huwawei is chinese. Apple has profits because they only seel high end phones while other companies dont make as much as they sell mostly lower end ones

So you're saying that huawei, oppo, etc, etc have the same support like apple, samsung and lg?

I didn't say anything about bugs! What I said is its inconsistent. It has 4 different kinds of contextual menus among other stuff like changing the colour from black to other colours doesn't change the whole UI, lack of proper animations for different types of windows. All of this which can be easily fixed but No

No point in arguing with that as you won't accept it anyway. Just let time tell

Not looks!! It does not literally mean about looks. Shoot myself for bringing up that to someone who doesn't know its meaning

I'm done this is getting boring

The zenfone 2 is available worldwide as far as I know, certainly in europe and the us it is. The original zenfone was widely available at least in europe. lg made the nexus 5, and an lg g3 can be had for a reasonable price now. The support varies from brand to brand,. but you yourself mentioned lg. And samsung (for example) doesn't have NEARLY the same profit margins as apple on their high end phones. The production cost of an iphone is under 200$. A reasonable price would be 350 or even 400 for the higher capacity version (remember that 120gb ssds cost 70 bucks, not 300 like you'd pay to get to that capacity on current iphones).

So all you can say against windows 10 are a few meh animations and imperfect contextual menus? Those are frankly very, very, VERY minor problems. Not only that, but ios is nowhere near always perfect either. Remember when 8.0.1 (iirc) almost bricked the devices? I'd call that a greater problem, especially when they only have a handful of devices to test it on.

I know exactly what judging a book by the cover means. You on the other hand seem to not. In this case it would mean judging the product by the way it looks at first glance or alternatively judging it by the fact it comes from apple. Neither of which I did. I know the specs and the functionality it offers, and I find it terrible for the price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The zenfone 2 is available worldwide as far as I know, certainly in europe and the us it is. The original zenfone was widely available at least in europe. lg made the nexus 5, and an lg g3 can be had for a reasonable price now. The support varies from brand to brand,. but you yourself mentioned lg. And samsung (for example) doesn't have NEARLY the same profit margins as apple on their high end phones. The production cost of an iphone is under 200$. A reasonable price would be 350 or even 400 for the higher capacity version (remember that 120gb ssds cost 70 bucks, not 300 like you'd pay to get to that capacity on current iphones).

So all you can say against windows 10 are a few meh animations and imperfect contextual menus? Those are frankly very, very, VERY minor problems. Not only that, but ios is nowhere near always perfect either. Remember when 8.0.1 (iirc) almost bricked the devices? I'd call that a greater problem, especially when they only have a handful of devices to test it on.

I know exactly what judging a book by the cover means. You on the other hand seem to not. In this case it would mean judging the product by the way it looks at first glance or alternatively judging it by the fact it comes from apple. Neither of which I did. I know the specs and the functionality it offers, and I find it terrible for the price.

And you can see how well those small margins that Samsung and/or OP have. One Plus still can't produce in enough volume and are forced to do the invite bullshit. While Samsung is doing terribly in the smartphone sector by released a constant stream a devices and then by constantly discounting their devices totally undercutting their value and their profit margins.

When a new Android phone comes out, everyone (anyone paying attention) knows that within a couple months it'll be discounted heavily, therefore there's little incentive to buy a new Android flagship on day one, the same can't be said for the iPhone, which only gets discounted upon the release of the next generation (which helps the device maintain value).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

And you can see how well those small margins that Samsung and/or OP have. One Plus still can't produce in enough volume and are forced to do the invite bullshit. While Samsung is doing terribly in the smartphone sector by released a constant stream a devices and then by constantly discounting their devices totally undercutting their value and their profit margins.

When a new Android phone comes out, everyone (anyone paying attention) knows that within a couple months it'll be discounted heavily, therefore there's little incentive to buy a new Android flagship on day one, the same can't be said for the iPhone, which only gets discounted upon the release of the next generation (which helps the device maintain value).

Samsung is loosing money specifically from the low end market actually, they are fragmenting their offer too much. In my opinion they should have 3 models for low, mid and high end and leave it at that. I also don't approve of phones being 800$ in general - they could quite frankly leave the fingerprint sensor and 1440p curved screen out of the equation and the phone would be just as good if not better.

In what way does the certainty that it WON'T be discounted make a phone a better offer? I don't follow. Sure, the resale value is better, but once I had a phone like that I'd probably keep it for 5-6 years at least, or until the end of software support; by that time it will be basically worthless.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple takes niche markets and makes them mainstream. Even if you don't like the products this is a great thing, because you get the cheaper product that competes with it. 

Surface is selling well, but its only selling as well as netbooks did. Perhaps larger tablets will now get more poopular

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

• 2 weeks later...

For the spec geeks out there:

The APL0898 size fits with an 80% shrink on the A8, and seems to have 8 MB cache - and our first look leads us to believe that our sample is from Samsung. 

For the first time we have seen, Micron has put some memory into the iPhone (though iFixit’s sample has Samsung), and it’s up to 2 GB for the first time for an Apple phone. As expected, they are dual-sourcing (at least) the flash - we have Hynix, iFixit has Toshiba.

Source: http://www.chipworks.com/about-chipworks/overview/blog/inside-the-iphone-6s

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

anyway all of that bickering aside

I am quietly excited for the iPad Pro, cant wait to play with it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

anyway all of that bickering aside I am quietly excited for the iPad Pro, cant wait to play with it

Just don't be this guy

12006250_926079157438121_183718606968107

Just don't be this guy

Why would I do that when I have a full frame camera?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii