[Mini-News] Apple iPhone 6s and iPad Pro RAM specs

TroubleKlef

I like the part where you compare an under powered shitty tablet to a brand new device you've never seen because it literally isn't out yet. Classic lTT.

I like the part where you say you must TRY (or even just see with your eyes) a device to know if it's worth your money or not. Classic apple fanboy last line of defence. The t100ta is hardly underpowered or "shitty" for being 300$; the ipad on the other hand is utterly useless in comparison. The t100ta can do everything the ipad can; however a large part of what the t100ta can do, the ipad can't for the simple fact the asus is x86_64 and not arm. Or more to the point, it isn't running ios or android, which both suck HARD if you want to get any serious work done. All that "creative professional" hype that apple is doing is nonsense when the ipad can't run the full featured adobe suite - or any comparable program for that matter. The t100ta can in fact do that - if you don't mind the smaller screen (but then, 3" won't make the difference). Oh, and the t100ta actually has PORTS, so you can use it with a good, large monitor and a wacom tablet if you so desire. Oh, and there's a MICRO SD card slot that should be standard on anything that costs more than 50$ and that allows you to actually save your stuff and transfer it without passing from the internet (or you could use a usb drive, which still won't work with the ipad). Oh, did I mention it COMES with a nice, solid full keyboard that costs a separate 180$ for the ipad?

Another thing I like is how you attack my post but don't provide any concrete reason for which I would be wrong other than an attempt at sarcasm and a vague reference at the t100ta being generally "shitty" with no specific facts to back up your claims. Give me one use case scenario where the ipad pro makes any sense at all.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I like the part where you say you must TRY (or even just see with your eyes) a device to know if it's worth your money or not. Classic apple fanboy last line of defence. The t100ta is hardly underpowered or "shitty" for being 300$; the ipad on the other hand is utterly useless in comparison. The t100ta can do everything the ipad can; however a large part of what the t100ta can do, the ipad can't for the simple fact the asus is x86_64 and not arm. Or more to the point, it isn't running ios or android, which both suck HARD if you want to get any serious work done. All that "creative professional" hype that apple is doing is nonsense when the ipad can't run the full featured adobe suite - or any comparable program for that matter. The t100ta can in fact do that - if you don't mind the smaller screen (but then, 3" won't make the difference). Oh, and the t100ta actually has PORTS, so you can use it with a good, large monitor and a wacom tablet if you so desire. Oh, and there's a MICRO SD card slot that should be standard on anything that costs more than 50$ and that allows you to actually save your stuff and transfer it without passing from the internet (or you could use a usb derive, which still won't work with the ipad). Oh, did I mention it COMES with a nice, solid full keyboard that costs a separate 180$ for the ipad?

Another thing I like is how you attack my post but don't provide any concrete reason for which I would be wrong other than an attempt at sarcasm and a vague reference at the t100ta being generally "shitty" with no specific facts to back up your claims. Give me one use case scenario where the ipad pro makes any sense at all.

TLDR, the butthurt is strong in this one. 

TLDR, the butthurt is strong in this one. 

It's easy to call me butthurt. I still haven't seen a single valid point from you. Not one.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Its not re-inventing the market any more however-its just copying.

copying what exactly?

They aren't innovating either.

hahaha this made me laugh every hands on impression of the iphone repeats the same thing, 3d touch is very good. do we have to go through the list of things apple innovates again?

when will people get it, ios is built specificity for apple devices, it is far more efficient at handling ram than android. stop trying to compare the 2.

Edited by jaggysnake57

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

copying what exactly?

hahaha this made me laugh every hands on impression of the iphone repeats the same thing, 3d touch is very good. do we have to go through the list of things apple innovates again?

when will people get it, ios is built specificity for apple devices, it is far more efficient at handling ram than android. stop trying to compare the 2.

In regards to the iPad Pro. Name 1 thing that's innovative on it (or indeed the iPhone 6 range), 1 thing. I keep track of Apple's products as I find their ecosystem fascinating at times-especially since they are able to convince people to buy one of their products with said people actually not knowing why they are buying them. Also, I don't give 2 shits about Android or indeed ARM (Android is too insecure due to its fragmentation)-which is why I wasn't talking about them unless it was to reference the iPad Pro having an ARM CPU. There are plenty of x86 based Windows tablets that completely outclass any device that runs iOS. Whether it be features, compatibility or even build quality in some cases. Also, 3D touch is pretty much just giving Apple users right click after so many years without it (ctrl+click however can be useful in some scenarios-even under Windows).

Edit: Also, lmfao, bugger off fanboy-nowhere in my entire time on this forum have I compared iOS to Android apart from citing the fact that iOS is based on Unix, and Android Linux (which itself is unix based).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Its not re-inventing the market any more however-its just copying.

How is it copying if it's similar to a product made only because the iPad existed in the first place?

Chicken and the egg, people.

Pretty sure iOS apps are RAM efficient

That does not matter at all for something like After Effects or Photoshop. The files remain the same size. Maybe it dumps shit faster from memory, but that means you need a faster CPU and disk

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

How is it copying if it's similar to a product made only because the iPad existed in the first place?

Let me see. The MS Surface in all its versions have been far from an iPad in all bar the general concept. Apple decided that instead of designing a whole new tablet aimed at productivity, they simply used the old iPad formula that hasn't changed much since its inception, and added an expensive keyboard, renamed a stylus a pencil and called it a day-the concept itself is copied from Microsoft.

PMSL

That does not matter at all for something like After Effects or Photoshop. The files remain the same size. Maybe it dumps shit faster from memory, but that means you need a faster CPU and disk

According to Apple it does have faster CPU and disk. In fact they claim they can edit 3 4K videos simultaneously

(obviously reviews haven't come out, but Apple typically never shows off too much about internals)

Ahhh... the smell of fresh facts in the morning  ^_^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In fact they claim they can edit 3 4K videos simultaneously

That is so much bullshit it's not even funny. So you're telling me Edzel needs a 12 core xeon, a quadro, a titan black, 64gb of ram and a slew of ssds to edit ONE 4k video at a time, but an arm quad core with 4gb of ram can do 3 at a time no problem?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4GB is really not that good, it was expected but still. Running Photoshop iOS version will probably be quite bad. Same goes for the AutoCAD software. And I don't even know how they thought that that video editing was at all possible.

Both Photoshop and AutoCAD are heavily cut down versions. 4GB will be fine for it since you won't do any heavy stuff on it to begin with.

Hell it doesn't even have a trackpad or mouse cursor...

So by that logic, Samsung never copied anything from Apple because without Samsung, Apple might never have made the iPhone or iPad. Correct?

in fact you could buy an asus t100ta and it would run photoshop better than the ipad for less than half the price

Well we haven't seen how the A9X benches yet, plus call me whatever I think that the iPad pro looks way better looks wise than convertibles. I have owned convertibles like Samsung's ATIV 700 PC pro, while they are functional they lack stability and some of their design choices can be questionable. I haven't used the T100TA in person so I could be wrong.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

That is so much bullshit it's not even funny. So you're telling me Edzel needs a 12 core xeon, a quadro, a titan black, 64gb of ram and a slew of ssds to edit ONE 4k video at a time, but an arm quad core with 4gb of ram can do 3 at a time no problem?

Editing three simultaneous 4K cna just mean cutting it up and putting animations. Its iMovie not Premiere Pro. Man don't don't get too jacked up for everything!

Well we haven't seen how the A9X benches yet, plus call me whatever I think that the iPad pro looks way better looks wise than convertibles. I have owned convertibles like Samsung's ATIV 700 PC pro, while they are functional they lack stability and some of their design choices can be questionable. I haven't used the T100TA in person so I could be wrong.

It has nothing to dow ith pure performance; the t100ta supports the full desktop adobe suite. The ipad pro does not, nor does it offer any comparable software. And if looks are the best you can do to justify buying a product, go to a jewelry store; this is a tech forum, not a fashion website.

Editing three simultaneous 4K cna just mean cutting it up and putting animations. Its iMovie not Premiere Pro.

Hence why it's bs and borderline false advertisement. You can't do any serious work of any description on it, save maybe some office, and you hardly need an 1000$ 13" tablet for that.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3D touch is pretty much just giving Apple users right click after so many years without it (ctrl+click however can be useful in some scenarios-even under Windows).

It's not a right click. just because it looks like one doesn't men it is. It's basically shortcutting into a specific feature within an app which can make the UI navigation much much faster. And yes it is an innovation, an evolution from the already innovative Force Touch on MacBooks

It's not a right click. just because it looks like one doesn't men it is. It's basically shortcutting into a specific feature within an app which can make the UI navigation much much faster. And yes it is an innovation, an evolution from the already innovative Force Touch on MacBooks

Lmao, it looks light right click, it performs the same functions as right click-it is right click. Just the version of it as branded by Apple.

PMSL

Hence why it's bs and borderline false advertisement. You can't do any serious work of any description on it, save maybe some office, and you hardly need an 1000$ 13" tablet for that.

Oh dude, Apple never said that iPad Pro was going to be replacement for people of LMG or movie studios. 4K is the future, it's something (I think) we all agree upon. Simple editing of 4K footages taken from the increasing number of phones is not exactly a bad thing on a beautiful device like an iPad

Lmao, it looks light right click, it performs the same functions as right click-it is right click. Just the version of it as branded by Apple.

Okay would you support your answer with examples please? Let's compare it to android or Windows for that matter

Don't fanboy around

Okay would you support your answer with examples please? Let's compare it to android or Windows for that matter

You don't know what right click is or what it does? Even though you use a PC?  :blink: Come on I shouldn't have to be captain obvious here.

PMSL

You don't know what right click is or what it does? Even though you use a PC?  :blink: Come on I shouldn't have to be captain obvious here.

Oh please I plead you to be the captain obvious. Tell me how you can shortcut within apps using a right click?

It's basically shortcutting into a specific feature within an app which can make the UI navigation much much faster.

That is the definition of what a right click does. Contextual functionality. Welcome to 1995 1992.

Oh dude, Apple never said that iPad Pro was going to be replacement for people of LMG or movie studios. 4K is the future, it's something (I think) we all agree upon. Simple editing of 4K footages taken from the increasing number of phones is not exactly a bad thing on a beautiful device like an iPad

Then my question stands: FOR WHO is this device intended? Simple editing of 4k footage can be done on any ios or android device, especially the crappy and compressed one that will come from ANY phone/tablet camera at this stage. Also, as much as it will probably be standard in the future, at the moment the number of people with access to a 4k screen is extremely small. Are you telling me the tiny intersection between owners of a 4k screen and the average joe will be interested in spending 1000$ on a separate device (with no direct inputs - good luck editing anything that doesn't come from its own camera) that you even need a bag to carry for ultra-basic editing of their phone's 4k footage? What is the point? For 1000$ you can buy light laptops with quad core i7s and 16gb of ram in them, and you might as well since with the ipad pro you're not saving any space and everything you may want to do with it will be harder and not nearly as effective or fast.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Oh please I plead you to be the captain obvious. Tell me how you can shortcut within apps using a right click?

"Tapping is the equivalent of left click, pressing the equivalent of right click", is the normal method. Apple just changed it to soft and hard presses.

PMSL

That is the definition of what a right click does. Contextual functionality. Welcome to 1995.

Then my question stands: FOR WHO is this device intended? Simple editing of 4k footage can be done on any ios or android device, especially the crappy and compressed one that will come from ANY phone/tablet camera at this stage. Also, as much as it will probably be standard in the future, at the moment the number of people with access to a 4k screen is extremely small. Are you telling me the tiny intersection between owners of a 4k screen and the average joe will be interested in spending 1000$ on a separate device (with no direct inputs - good luck editing anything that doesn't come from its own camera) that you even need a bag to carry for ultra-basic editing of their phone's 4k footage? What is the point? For 1000$ you can buy light laptops with quad core i7s and 16gb of ram in them, and you might as well since with the ipad pro you're not saving any space and everything you may want to do with it will be harder and not nearly as effective or fast.

1992 you mean-right click was around in Windows 3.1 (and maybe before it in OS/2).

PMSL

It has nothing to dow ith pure performance; the t100ta supports the full desktop adobe suite. The ipad pro does not, nor does it offer any comparable software. And if looks are the best you can do to justify buying a product, go to a jewelry store; this is a tech forum, not a fashion website.

I'd still argue that looks matter for such devices, I don't want to carry or work something that doesn't look great.  

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide