[Mini-News] Apple iPhone 6s and iPad Pro RAM specs

TroubleKlef

It has nothing to dow ith pure performance; the t100ta supports the full desktop adobe suite. The ipad pro does not, nor does it offer any comparable software. And if looks are the best you can do to justify buying a product, go to a jewelry store; this is a tech forum, not a fashion website.

Hence why it's bs and borderline false advertisement. You can't do any serious work of any description on it, save maybe some office, and you hardly need an 1000$ 13" tablet for that.

Plus developers from adobe and microsoft have had already shown interest into develop more professional software for iOS, this won't make iOS usable for professional of course, a least yet. But, it's a step in the right direction.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

In regards to the iPad Pro. Name 1 thing that's innovative on it (or indeed the iPhone 6 range), 1 thing. I keep track of Apple's products as I find their ecosystem fascinating at times-especially since they are able to convince people to buy one of their products with said people actually not knowing why they are buying them. Also, I don't give 2 shits about Android or indeed ARM (Android is too insecure due to its fragmentation)-which is why I wasn't talking about them unless it was to reference the iPad Pro having an ARM CPU. There are plenty of x86 based Windows tablets that completely outclass any device that runs iOS. Whether it be features, compatibility or even build quality in some cases. Also, 3D touch is pretty much just giving Apple users right click after so many years without it (ctrl+click however can be useful in some scenarios-even under Windows).

Edit: Also, lmfao, bugger off fanboy-nowhere in my entire time on this forum have I compared iOS to Android apart from citing the fact that iOS is based on Unix, and Android Linux (which itself is unix based).

Lmao, it looks light right click, it performs the same functions as right click-it is right click. Just the version of it as branded by Apple.

hahahaha omg the butt hurt is strong with this one. 3d touch is not right click, that is just an application of it. they have added analog to the touch screen it opens up lots of possibility's. and as the iphone 6 range it introduced apple pay, enough said. its funny you call me a fanboy, (im not BTW if apple drop the ball then ill switch to android) then allow your hate for apple to cloud your judgement....your a hate- boy, and thats worse, to hate something so blindly.

most consumers dont know what they are buying, in all areas not just tech, most consumers dont even research what they buy let alone understand dont think that is tied to just apple.

oh and i never said that YOU specificity, compared apple to android, it was a generalisation but again you let your hate get in the way.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I'd still argue that looks matter for such devices, I don't want to carry or work something that doesn't look great.  

I would not argue that. But even if that were the case, there are plenty of very nice looking ultrabooks that will do the job better in every powwible way. Hell, even the macbook air makes more sense than the ipad pro. Looks are also entirely subjective; you could sit there all day saying that "oh but the ipad pro looks better than everything else" and there would be nothing objective I could say to counter that. That's why it's not a valid point in a discussion. To me, for example, functional = beautiful. The IBM model M is gorgeous to my eyes.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That is the definition of what a right click does. Contextual functionality. Welcome to 1995 1992.

Then my question stands: FOR WHO is this device intended? Simple editing of 4k footage can be done on any ios or android device, especially the crappy and compressed one that will come from ANY phone/tablet camera at this stage. Also, as much as it will probably be standard in the future, at the moment the number of people with access to a 4k screen is extremely small. Are you telling me the tiny intersection between owners of a 4k screen and the average joe will be interested in spending 1000$ on a separate device (with no direct inputs - good luck editing anything that doesn't come from its own camera) that you even need a bag to carry for ultra-basic editing of their phone's 4k footage? What is the point? For 1000$ you can buy light laptops with quad core i7s and 16gb of ram in them, and you might as well since with the ipad pro you're not saving any space and everything you may want to do with it will be harder and not nearly as effective or fast.

Now you're asking me about the use of a portable 4K editing machine? I won't be able to explain an algorithm on how that happens in the real world. And plus I only mentioned about the 4K part supporting my previous point on how powerful it is. Geez people just go nuts when its about apple

"Tapping is the equivalent of left click, pressing the equivalent of right click", is the normal method. Apple just changed it to soft and hard presses.

*facepalm

I ask you to prove and you keep dodging away.

Since when can you directly call your favorite contact by force pressing on the phone icon. Since when could you choose your last document when you force touch on some word app. Similarly,

• Directly take pictures or instantly start video recording
  • Open the preview of something without going into it (sounds stupid, but you'll have to use it to understand. And by the way you are towards apple i don't think you ever will)
  • Turn on Directions to home with force touch
  • And so much more, you can find them on Apple's website here

And Plus it's not about what Apple did with the technology but the fact that they have a phone that is pressure sensitive is the innovation. Don't bother to bring up other companies who tried doing it because they all miserably failed and it never saw the light of the day until apple did a beautiful job executing it

And it's funny you guys liking each others' post. How Cute

Plus developers from adobe and microsoft have had already shown interest into develop more professional software for iOS, this won't make iOS usable for professional of course, a least yet. But, it's a step in the right direction.

no, it's absolutely NOT a step in the right direction because ios and the arm platfom is general is limited. It is NOT suitable for serious work. The only thing it does well is low power consumption.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Now you're asking me about the use of a portable 4K editing machine? I won't be able to explain an algorithm on how that happens in the real world. And plus I only mentioned about the 4K part supporting my previous point on how powerful it is. Geez people just go nuts when its about apple

It IS NOT POWERFUL by any stretch of the imagination. Not for a 1000$, 13" machine with a keyboard. There is no way you can support such a statement with anything at all. It is simply false. What is the point of examples if they're made up? You either know of a situation where it would be useful, or you don't, and you clearly don't.

People go nuts when they see a horrible product that is good for nobody and when they say so, people start contesting the facts for the sake of defending a brand. I could swear, if lenovo or samsung had done the exact same thing you'd be here criticizing it with me. Just like the apple watch; samsung releases the galaxy gear, it sucks and is overpriced, and it fails. Apple does THE SAME EXACT THING 2 years later and suddenly it's perfect and monopolizes the smartwatch market.

*facepalm

Since when can you directly call your favorite contact by force pressing on the phone icon. Since when could you choose your last document when you force touch on some word app. Similarly,

• Open the preview of something without going into it (sounds stupid, but you'll have to use it to understand. And by the way you are towards apple i don't think you ever will)

And Plus it's not about what Apple did with the technology but the fact that they have a phone that is pressure sensitive is the innovation. Don't bother to bring up other companies who tried doing it because they all miserably failed and it never saw the light of the day until apple did a beautiful job executing it

those are all application tied optimizations that depend on the code, not on the press. Android could implement the same exact things tomorrow using long press if somebody cared (spoiler alert: nobody does because usually there is a dedicated button which makes a lot more sense). OH, and blackberry had clickable touch screens 5 years ago, back when they still had a marketshare. The reason they failed was another entirely (namely not supporting android properly). You talk like an apple sales rep.

I like what I like, and frankly pointing that out as if it were smart of you has the exact opposite effect.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hahahaha omg the butt hurt is strong with this one. 3d touch is not right click, that is just an application of it. they have added analog to the touch screen it opens up lots of possibility's. and as the iphone 6 range it introduced apple pay, enough said. its funny you call me a fanboy, (im not BTW if apple drop the ball then ill switch to android) then allow your hate for apple to cloud your judgement....your a hate- boy, and thats worse, to hate something so blindly.

most consumers dont know what they are buying, in all areas not just tech, most consumers dont even research what they buy let alone understand dont think that is tied to just apple.

oh and i never said that YOU specificity, compared apple to android, it was a generalisation but again you let your hate get in the way.

I described exactly how 3D touch works. It is only different from standard actions in the way its used. And what's all this BS about me being buthurt? I get buthurt in WOT when the matchmaker throws me some steep odds and my team sucks-not over anything that happens in this forum. And I'll stop you right there. DO NOT GENERALISE PEOPLE, IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A JACKASS (the only time I need capslock and I've removed the key for playing games).

Oh and get real, what is their to hate hmmm? I don't like Apple as a company-but I do not actually hate them or those who buy their products (there are numerous reasons to dislike Apple-and the same goes for other device manufacturers with factories in China).

*facepalm

Directly take pictures-possible on all current capacitive touchscreens

Open the preview of something without going into it-still possible on devices with capacitive touchscreens

I won't bother with the rest because:

All of what you are describing are possible with standard capacitive touch screens. Ever set up areas on something  (similar to hotkeys)-such as a track pad-to do a task? That has been a feature on laptops for example since 2003. Its nothing new-Apple just tacked it onto their phone.

And FYI, I like the posts I actually like and /or agree with. Which is the purpose of the like button.

Oh and do you know what is pressure sensitive? Resistive touchscreens. Apple combined one of those with a capacitive touch screen.

Both of you can stop trying to get me worked up-I just went through a shitload in WOT and I couldn't care less about your Apple fanaticism. BTW those caps were to emphasise an important point.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

no, it's absolutely NOT a step in the right direction because ios and the arm platfom is general is limited. It is NOT suitable for serious work. The only thing it does well is low power consumption.

But with ARM devices becoming more of the norm we should at least expect them to be more capable. Not to replace our main devices of course, but they should be more than entertainment at best devices.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

For something this big and promising a new level of productivity, Apple better not mess up the software support (I see full ARM-enabled Adobe Suite incoming in a couple years) that is has been gloriously delivering. I personally can see something bigger out of this, but right now it is in its baby steps. Maybe Gen 2 or 3 will come, and Wacom is going to have some serious trouble in the digitizer market.

Or this is simply a glorified iPad.

But that depends on how Apple will handle this. But seriously, the Pen and the KB Cover are straight out of the Surface.

But with ARM devices becoming more of the norm we should at least expect them to be more capable. Not to replace our main devices of course, but they should be more than entertainment at best devices.

ARM is really losing ground when it comes to maintaining low power consumption while maintaining good performance. TBH I think a lot of people were surprised at how little power the x86 CPU that directly compete with ARM designs actually need.

For something this big and promising a new level of productivity, Apple better not mess up the software support that is has been gloriously delivering. I personally can see something bigger out of this, but right now it is in its baby steps. Maybe Gen 2 or 3 will come, and Wacom is going to have some serious trouble in the digitizer market.

But that depends on how Apple will handle this.

If Apple was really serious about productivity, they'd be using OSX and a x86 CPU-its not like other devices don't use them, have great performance and a brilliant battery life. Unless Apple is trying to increase profit margins (and lets be honest that is more than likely the case) they really don't have an excuse to be not using OSX with a x86 CPU.

PMSL

Directly take pictures-possible on all current capacitive touchscreens

Open the preview of something without going into it-still possible on devices with capacitive touchscreens

I won't bother with the rest because:

All of what you are describing are possible with standard capacitive touch screens. Ever set up areas on something  (similar to hotkeys)-such as a track pad-to do a task? That has been a feature on laptops for example since 2003. Its nothing new-Apple just tacked it onto their phone.

And FYI, I like the posts I actually like and /or agree with. Which is the purpose of the like button.

oh my head hurts talking with you

I'm you and you're saying: What's the point of a touch screen. I can do that with my mouse and keyboard

Oh and please upload a video on how you do these stuff as how its done on the new 6S. Please. I just want to see how you support your ridiculous fanboy statement

Oh and do you know what is pressure sensitive? Resistive touchscreens. Apple combined one of those with a capacitive touch screen.

Oh yes it's  as simple as slapping those technologies together. Genius. You should win a Nobel prize for that statement

ARM is really losing ground when it comes to maintaining low power consumption while maintaining good performance. TBH I think a lot of people were surprised at how little power the x86 CPU that directly compete with ARM designs actually need.

Since when is ARM losing ground?  Intel's desperately trying to win manufacturers hence why I think recent enthusiast processors have been underwhelming cause their whole R&D is struggling with power efficiency 

Do you know why new phones have reduced battery life. It's because of the ridiculous resolution like 4K on a tiny phone. And yes even Apple's to be blamed here to because of their obsession with thinness

oh my head hurts talking with you

I'm you and you're saying: What's the point of a touch screen. I can do that with my mouse and keyboard

Oh and please upload a video on how you do these stuff as how its done on the new 6S. Please. I just want to see how you support your ridiculous fanboy statement

Oh yes it's  as simple as slapping those technologies together. Genius. You should win a Nobel prize for that statement

I'm a fanboy?Lmfao....of what? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black-its well known that those who throw the term fanboy around without overwhelming evidence to support their statement are fanboys themselves. And your head hurts talking to me? You are asking me to go through every single device since at least 2002 that does the same thing as Apple's 3D touch. That is hundreds of thousands of different devices if not millions. And I used that terminology as you seem to have troubles comprehending what I am saying.

PMSL

Should they? I see no reason for tablets this big not to use intel cpus. On a 13" device battery size is not as much of a problem and new generation atoms don't draw that much more current than ARM cpus of similar power anymore. ARM is suitable for small and cheap devices that don't NEED this sort of advanced functionality - aka <200$ phones. It's also all right for server usage, but that is a completely different subject.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Since when is ARM losing ground?  Intel's desperately trying to win manufacturers hence why I think recent enthusiast processors have been underwhelming cause their whole R&D is struggling with power efficiency 

Do you know why new phones have reduced battery life. It's because of the ridiculous resolution like 4K on a tiny phone. And yes even Apple's to be blamed here to because of their obsession with thinness

Re-read what I said then realise that I have every reason to have a headache talking to you not the other way around: ARM is really losing ground when it comes to maintaining low power consumption while maintaining good performance.

And while screens are a factor in battery life, the CPU still has a large impact as well since its doing all of the actual work.

PMSL

It IS NOT POWERFUL by any stretch of the imagination. Not for a 1000$, 13" machine with a keyboard. There is no way you can support such a statement with anything at all. It is simply false. What is the point of examples if they're made up? You either know of a situation where it would be useful, or you don't, and you clearly don't.

Someone's arrogant and can't accept anything. You want me to bring up situations, you'd bring up "oh there are devices for it". There was once a point in time where people used to say smartphones were a gimmick because you could do the same thing in a laptop. There was once a point people said tablets are a gimmick but guess what they're a success. History's repeating and you just can't accept it because it apple

People go nuts when they see a horrible product that is good for nobody and when they say so, people start contesting the facts for the sake of defending a brand. I could swear, if lenovo or samsung had done the exact same thing you'd be here criticizing it with me. Just like the apple watch; samsung releases the galaxy gear, it sucks and is overpriced, and it fails. Apple does THE SAME EXACT THING 2 years later and suddenly it's perfect and monopolizes the smartwatch market.

If lenovo and samsung did the same thing I wouldn't say anything. All i did here was to refute some random guy claiming its stupid with what apple claimed. And we all know the difference when apple claims something and samsung claim something.

Apple Watch and Gear are not the same thing. That thing was so ugly had a huge as camera bump on the strap, had a home button for some reason and was generally just bad. Apple Watch isn't a complete product, but it's beautiful with tons of customizability option which should be the basic requirement of a smartwatch which is eventually going to replace dumb watches

those are all application tied optimizations that depend on the code, not on the press. Android could implement the same exact things tomorrow using long press if somebody cared (spoiler alert: nobody does because usually there is a dedicated button which makes a lot more sense). OH, and blackberry had clickable touch screens 5 years ago, back when they still had a marketshare. The reason they failed was another entirely (namely not supporting android properly). You talk like an apple sales rep.

I like what I like, and frankly pointing that out as if it were smart of you has the exact opposite effect.

Yeah I know its code, but you are adding a new functionality not sacrificing the easily useful another one which android right now can't do. Second I did say that its the technology thats the innovation not implementation. Another use for that is games where you can switch fire by force touching or increasing acceleration of the car by force touching something android will not be able to right now but only next year becasue guess what everyone will copy apple here again

Oh and I'm done talking with you, I have other stuff to do

I'm a fanboy?Lmfao....of what? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black-its well known that those who throw the term fanboy around without overwhelming evidence to support their statement are fanboys themselves. And your head hurts talking to me? You are asking me to go through every single device since at least 2002 that does the same thing as Apple's 3D touch. That is hundreds of thousands of different devices if not millions. And I used that terminology as you seem to have troubles comprehending what I am saying.

Yes c'mon show me devices that works exactly like 3D touch. If they ever did i'm pretty sure it would be mainstream by now. Well you're an apple-hater who gets benefits from apple because competition always copies whatever they do . So maybe fanboy wasn't an appropriate term

Re-read what I said then realise that I have every reason to have a headache talking to you not the other way around: ARM is really losing ground when it comes to maintaining low power consumption while maintaining good performance.

And while screens are a factor in battery life, the CPU still has a large impact as well since its doing all of the actual work.

So you're saying that ARM has been stagnant in terms of performance. You do realize that snapdragon S4 series were only 3 years ago and we have 10x more powerful chips that's much more efficient right now. Oh and don't forget about Apple's A series chips. The A5 at the time was a beats and not the A9 thrashes it with much much better power efficiency 

That's what I thought during the keynotes.

It was like they re-invited the wheel. Okay so now you can bring up context menus using a hard push... What was hindering them from doing the exact same thing using a long press again?

Oh you can now scrub through your album using 3D touch? Why not just let me do that while holding down regularly? Why do I have to push hard to do it and when I do it lightly nothing happens?

I think 3D touch is as much of a gimmick as air view. I used that like 5 times then thought "well this is pretty useless...".

For something this big and promising a new level of productivity, Apple better not mess up the software support (I see full ARM-enabled Adobe Suite incoming in a couple years) that is has been gloriously delivering. I personally can see something bigger out of this, but right now it is in its baby steps. Maybe Gen 2 or 3 will come, and Wacom is going to have some serious trouble in the digitizer market.

Or this is simply a glorified iPad.

But that depends on how Apple will handle this. But seriously, the Pen and the KB Cover are straight out of the Surface.

I agree with that. The iPad Pro might become a pretty good device in 2-3 generations, but I have absolutely no idea why people keep defending the piece of shit gen 1 model. It makes absolutely no sense why anyone would get it over the alternatives.

It's just a terrible device. Lacks functionality. App support is crap and functionality is limited. It is expensive as balls for what it does. The pen charging looks like a joke or something that belongs on a cheap Chinese knockoff that was designed during a lunch break.

*facepalm

You're saying everything I can't type out right now, full agreement.

. It takes less power to just have multiple 4K streams running and cutting/pasting clips than it does to actively edit a 4K stream with effects, colour correction, and anything advanced. Plus, Apples demo highlighted how it can have multiple 4K streams going concurrently WITHOUT DROPPING FRAMES which is a huge thing on its own. 4K is just plain demanding for any hardware, so props where props are due.

In for far as Force Touch, it's a little more than right click. It's not even long press. It's pressure based, which gives a faster tactile response. You don't press longer. You press harder, some people have trouble here. iOS 9s multitasking leverages this quite nicely, but that would mean these people actually using the new iPhone and iPad which they can't, which means we've got a bunch of shit talkers.

Seriously. This was a simple thread about specs. That's it. Nothing more. What the fuck with wrong with some of you that you just need to turn it into a DAE APPLE CANT INNOVATE IS EXPENSIVE FOR SHEERP DIRRR SURRR SURUURUEUSKQKN garbage posting spree? I don't get it. Are you that insecure if what you (and others) use for tech that you need to attack them and the companies?

Grow up kids. Learn to debate without a bundle of straw.

Someone's arrogant and can't accept anything. You want me to bring up situations, you'd bring up "oh there are devices for it". There was once a point in time where people used to say smartphones were a gimmick because you could do the same thing in a laptop. There was once a point people said tablets are a gimmick but guess what they're a success. History's repeating and you just can't accept it because it apple

If lenovo and samsung did the same thing I wouldn't say anything. All i did here was to refute some random guy claiming its stupid with what apple claimed. And we all know the difference when apple claims something and samsung claim something.

Apple Watch and Gear are not the same thing. That thing was so ugly had a huge as camera bump on the strap, had a home button for some reason and was generally just bad. Apple Watch isn't a complete product, but it's beautiful with tons of customizability option which should be the basic requirement of a smartwatch which is eventually going to replace dumb watches

Yeah I know its code, but you are adding a new functionality not sacrificing the easily useful another one which android right now can't do. Second I did say that its the technology thats the innovation not implementation. Another use for that is games where you can switch fire by force touching or increasing acceleration of the car by force touching something android will not be able to right now but only next year becasue guess what everyone will copy apple here again

So now I'm arrogant because I think a product is not a good purchase. Right, I'm the arrogant one. I should bend over and let apple have their way with my behinds next time, how arrogant of me not to want that.

Those who said tablets were a gimmick said so when the ipad 1 came out. Incidentally, the ipad 1 WAS a gimmick; how many do you see around? How often does anybody talk about them? They were inflated ipods that didn't fit in a pocket. They had no expandability of any description or functionality that justified the extra size. They were expensive as hell. The thing is, while others took that concept and made useful things out of it, apple stuck to their guns and kept releasing their overhyped inflated ipods; all improvements since then have been in thickness and screen quality, which are arguably important, but don't make the device much more useful.

If all you can say to differentiate the apple watch from the galaxy gear is about looks and the positioning of a button, then I think it is clear that they're basically the same device. They offer the same functionality, they are both locked to their brand's ecosystem, they are expensive as hell, and have a terrible battery life. Same product, same impracticality.

As I already told you, there is nothing innovative about clickable touch screens. It has been done years ago and nobody cared because it was dumb and it still is. Apple copied the others, not the other way around, just like most of the "innovations" they presented throughout the years were just spinoffs of existing technology by someone else.

If you can't think of a situation where this would be better than a different (possibly cheaper) device, that is PROOF that even you know it's pointless and isn't good for anybody.

Are you seriously going to bring up GAMES to justify it? If I wanted to play games on the go and I had 1000$ I'd buy an nvidia shield portable and a 980ti. Because the screen has a CONTROLLER in it for less than half the price. Games are hardly the strong suit of an ipad, adding screen click doesn't change anything (besides we have plenty of first person shooters that work fine with touch controls - a controller is certainly better and a mouse and keyboard even more so, but a clickable screen doesn't make a difference). In fact it would make more sense to bind one of the volume keys to "shoot" if you wanted better control, it would be a lot more practical. Or they could add shoulder buttons like in a psp if they wanted to make it better for games.

Oh, the good old "I don't know what to say so I'll invent an excuse to leave the conversation and make sure everyone knows about it so it doesn't look like I don't know what I'm saying" tap-out technique... love it. If you really had, as you say, "other things to do" that stop you from continuing this discussion you'd have silently stopped replying. But that wouldn't be as "honorable" in your mind, am I right? It would have looked like you had surrendered, surely? Keyboard warrior mentality at its finest. You don't care what I'm saying or how good my points are, you only want to "win" this argument and if you can't, take a seemingly "mature" way out.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Grow up kids. Learn to debate without a bundle of straw.

It's funny how you'd say this when your post doesn't include a single use case scenario in which the ipad pro is any good for the price. Bring on the facts in favour, I'll be glad to change my mind if necessary.

Oh, and compressed 4k may be demanding for low end cpus, but at this price point it's competing directly with mobile quad core i7s. It's simply out of its league.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's funny how you'd say this when your post doesn't include a single use case scenario in which the ipad pro is any good for the price. Bring on the facts in favour, I'll be glad to change my mind if necessary.

Oh, and compressed 4k may be demanding for low end cpus, but at this price point it's competing directly with mobile quad core i7s. It's simply out of its league.

No you won't change your mind. I know people like you, you won't.

For whatever reason, and this is just based off old posts of yours, you take grave personal offense to when people spend money on things that aren't carrying the best price to performance. Whatever the cause for your insecure nature, it's there.

You and your kind come into threads like this for the sole purpose of stirring up nonsense and hiding behind "opinions", you aren't happy otherwise. You've got insecurities with people spending money on things they don't need - welcome to real life. Don't take it so personally that people don't buy half price Asus laptops, that's their call.

I Could give you a million use cases and you'd still irrationally hate it for an arbitrary reason. That's just who you are. I've noticed it in your posts. If it doesn't have the best price to performance, it's not worth it. That's your prerogative. Don't force it on everyone else and don't get upset when someone calls it out, just saying.

It would be easier to take you seriously if your posting history wasn't composed of irrational Apple hatred. Which is something you have in common with a few others here. There's reasonable discourse and then there's what you do, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I'm sure others at this point just don't like engaging with you because of your needlessly confrontational stance against these kinds of topics.

No you won't change your mind. I know people like you, you won't.

For whatever reason, and this is just based off old posts of yours, you take grave personal offense to when people spend money on things that aren't carrying the best price to performance. Whatever the cause for your insecure nature, it's there.

You and your kind come into threads like this for the sole purpose of stirring up nonsense and hiding behind "opinions", you aren't happy otherwise. You've got insecurities with people spending money on things they don't need - welcome to real life. Don't take it so personally that people don't buy half price Asus laptops, that's their call.

I Could give you a million use cases and you'd still irrationally hate it for an arbitrary reason. That's just who you are. I've noticed it in your posts. If it doesn't have the best price to performance, it's not worth it. That's your prerogative. Don't force it on everyone else and don't get upset when someone calls it out, just saying.

Based on my old posts? My friend, I don't think I've used a single exclamation mark in months. I don't take personal offence at anything that could come from a forum, otherwise I would not be here or after 10000 posts I'd certainly have gone insane. I do believe that wasting money is a bad thing, and I will argue that any time. If that makes me insecure to your eyes, I suggest you look up the definition of the word. I also wonder how many of my previous posts you have seen having only 160 yourself... but then you may have been a lurker for the last year.

What I find slightly insecure is attempting to ghetto-psychanalyze the person you're arguing with to try and hit them where they're "soft" or discredit them based on the strawman you established they are... but then we all fall into that trap every once in a while, don't we? I'm afraid my mind is a little more complicated than what can transpire from carefully edited forum posts, and so is yours, so let's keep pseudo psychology out of it.

I find it interesting how you say I "hide behind opinions", when throughout the whole conversation I had in this topic I was the only one bringing pure facts to the table. I say "its functionality is crippled by arm and the lack of expanability", they say "it looks good". Who's being subjective here?

I'm not asking you for a million use case scenarios, I'm asking you for one or two if you can find them. It doesn't matter how much you play ring around the rosies, you still haven't provided a single suitable example yet. You can't say I don't accept things for the sake of doing so when you have given me nothing to accept or refute. And whatever you say, I DO reserve the right to counter your argument if I feel it is unsatisfactory or that there are contrasting facts; that is how a civil discussion is supposed to take place. If I won't change my mind on a subject it's simply because I've thought about it long enough to know what could be said against my position and found it flawed. But if you can come up with something I haven't thought of, as I said, I'll gladly change my mind - or at least consider that for some people this actually makes sense, if that is the case.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm not sure why Apple is always so secretive about their ram specs and it's a bummer that we have to rely on third parties to figure it out. If the findings turn out to be true, I'm happy to see that Apple decided to up the ram capacities. Having the extra ram on the iPhone isn't needed but it's definitely welcome and Apple increases the credibility of the iPad Pro as a productivity device with its increased ram.

Because the competitors advertise their RAM, and 99% of the phone customers aren't tech heads like us and will think a phone with 3 or 4 GB is better than a phone with 2GB which isn't the case at all because OS optimizations and recourse management, which quite frankly is what iOS is great in. 

Ye ole' train

So now I'm arrogant because I think a product is not a good purchase. Right, I'm the arrogant one. I should bend over and let apple have their way with my behinds next time, how arrogant of me not to want that.

You going all your way out with very weak points and you keep insisting on sticking with is a sign of arrogance.

Those who said tablets were a gimmick said so when the ipad 1 came out. Incidentally, the ipad 1 WAS a gimmick; how many do you see around? How often does anybody talk about them? They were inflated ipods that didn't fit in a pocket. They had no expandability of any description or functionality that justified the extra size. They were expensive as hell. The thing is, while others took that concept and made useful things out of it, apple stuck to their guns and kept releasing their overhyped inflated ipods; all improvements since then have been in thickness and screen quality, which are arguably important, but don't make the device much more useful.

Oh how was the iPad 2 different. It was thinner and lighter. The iPad 1 never lasted really long and apple discontinued as soon as they got the chance. I don't recall newer ipads having expandable storage, the ipads prices hasn't increased ever since its debut.

You're contradicting yourself in the above (nonsensical) para. First you say iPad 1 was a gimmick and no one liked due to so and so reasons. And then you say the only improvements have been the screen and device weight, etc. But why are tablets a thing now? Why do most people own some kind of a tablet these days? You said they were gimmicks?

If all you can say to differentiate the apple watch from the galaxy gear is about looks and the positioning of a button (what?), then I think it is clear that they're basically the same device. They offer the same functionality, they are both locked to their brand's ecosystem, they are expensive as hell, and have a terrible battery life. Same product, same impracticality.

Ah do you know what a dumb watch does? It tells time only time. And do you know how expensive some of those are?

There goes your price argument

A smartwatch first priority should be looks and should be able to match people's style. people who wear dark colours aren't going to buy a shiny metallic gear with orange band!! Apple watch has metric ton of customizability options which is what they should focus on at first.

Apple has never opened their devices to other companies and they never will, because they don't need to as 40% of users are iPhones users compared to one digit samsung user base. Sure there are things the apple watch needs to be better at but its the technology that's holding back like battery. But of course there's no point in arguing with you since you completely ignore the fact that everyone's having problem with this

As I already told you, there is nothing innovative about clickable touch screens. It has been done years ago and nobody cared because it was dumb and it still is. Apple copied the others, not the other way around, just like most of the "innovations" they presented throughout the years were just spinoffs of existing technology by someone else.

Clickable screen? That's stupid. Its pressure sensitive smart guy. And no other implementation were horrible and apple's the one who successfully made it a worthwhile technology. You yourself said no one cared about it. Why? because it never worked, just like with fingerprints which were horrible before Touch ID came about.

What does Apple do? they take broken technology and fix it better than anyone could possibly do. A broken technology is as useful as garbage and apple took that garbage and made it into something useful which you won't be able to live without in another 2-3 years when all android phones will be having it

Funny the way you justify apple's innovations.

If you can't think of a situation where this would be better than a different (possibly cheaper) device, that is PROOF that even you know it's pointless and isn't good for anybody.Are you seriously going to bring up GAMES to justify it? If I wanted to play games on the go and I had 1000$ I'd buy an nvidia shield portable and a 980ti. Because the screen has a CONTROLLER in it for less than half the price. Games are hardly the strong suit of an ipad, adding screen click doesn't change anything (besides we have plenty of first person shooters that work fine with touch controls - a controller is certainly better and a mouse and keyboard even more so, but a clickable screen doesn't make a difference). In fact it would make more sense to bind one of the volume keys to "shoot" if you wanted better control, it would be a lot more practical. Or they could add shoulder buttons like in a psp if they wanted to make it better for games.

I meant games for force touch, NOT iPAD!!!!

Oh no keep fanboying around. Yeah because people play games with a controller on the bus, metro, boat, car, flight, etc. I'm not even going to bring up examples (before you i dont have any you can read one of my previous comment where cite these examples) because you won't accept it

Seriously, did Apple sleep with your girlfriend or something? 

Oh, the good old "I don't know what to say so I'll invent an excuse to leave the conversation and make sure everyone knows about it so it doesn't look like I don't know what I'm saying" tap-out technique... love it.If you really had, as you say, "other things to do" that stop you from continuing this discussion you'd have silently stopped replying. But that wouldn't be as "honorable" in your mind, am I right? It would have looked like you had surrendered, surely? Keyboard warrior mentality at its finest. You don't care what I'm saying or how good my points are, you only want to "win" this argument and if you can't, take a seemingly "mature" way out.

Apparently, I'm not jobless like you. I have other responsibilities and i only come to LTT during my free time. You can say whatever you want because its makes you feel like a king or something. And you for a fact saying that when you know that the community is around the world makes you even look dumber.

Whatever, this taking too much of my valuable time.

In other words you're not worth my time

Peace xD