AMD's R9 Fury X prices rise due to short supply

zMeul

Everyone is hating on AMD when we should be looking at Intel

Intel's CPU are in far greater supply.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

funny-trailer-park-boys-memes-13jul-12.j

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

well first amd doesn't set those price and neither did sapphire or any other of the manufactures. like others have stated we are seeing this price increase due to low supply and high demand, same thing with the whole bitcoin situation a year ago. Second, if amd didn't start pushing out the fury line then people would complaining about how amd isn't releasing the fury line.

AMD may not set the price, but no one (sane) is blaming them.

More of a reason not to buy it I guess :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

AMD may not set the price, but no one (sane) is blaming them.

They adopted HBM too early. Simple. HBM should have been saved exclusively for the Nano.

PMSL

I doubt this is AMD's fault, its the retailers that decide the prices...

It's surprising how many people don't even know who's putting the screws to them.

How is economics news? Oh wait, this is a zMuel thread.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

They adopted HBM too early. Simple. HBM should have been saved exclusively for the Nano.

that probably would have lost them even more money, making only one niece product for an already small market on low yield process is not a very efficent thing to do.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Third party sellers selling insane prices for hardware. How is this anything new? You ALWAYS see crazy prices for stuff from third parties on Amazon. You see it on Ebay and Newegg at times as well. The only reason these prices are more obvious now is because no one can keep them in stock for MSRP. Why do people always act so surprised when other people try to price gouge?

that probably would have lost them even more money, making only one niece product for an already small market on low yield process is not a very efficent thing to do.

The prices would be lower however.

PMSL

The prices would be lower however.

That matters little if they are making no money on the cards, they need to recoup the R&D costs. AMD of all people are not in a position to be giving away products.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

That matters little if they are making no money on the cards, they need to recoup the R&D costs. AMD of all people are not in a position to be giving away products.

AMD would have been recouping the costs while still selling the cars -that's just it. GDDR5 is still cheaper than HBM.

PMSL

Intel's CPU are in far greater supply.

So that's why they increased the price.

*Kappa*

So that's why they increased the price.

*Kappa*

The price isn't that much higher than that of the preceding top of the line K sku. The pricing of the FuryX makes it totally pointless as you can crossfire older cards for less with really good scaling.

PMSL

AMD would have been recouping the costs while still selling the cars -that's just it. GDDR5 is still cheaper than HBM.

And have to spend twice as much on R&D taping out GPUs just so they can use GDDR5. 

The price isn't that much higher than that of the preceding top of the line K sku. The pricing of the FuryX makes it totally pointless as you can crossfire older cards for less with really good scaling.

You could make this exact same argument for the 980 and 980ti. There is a reason people recommend single gpu solutions

And have to spend twice as much on R&D taping out GPUs just so they can use GDDR5. 

Fiji is Tonga beefed up and slightly re-designed for HBM. It would have cost AMD less.

PMSL

You could make this exact same argument for the 980 and 980ti. There is a reason people recommend single gpu solutions

I know, but I was referring to AMD products only-lets not forget that the 980ti is cheaper and faster.

PMSL

Fiji is Tonga beefed up and slightly re-designed for HBM. It would have cost AMD less.

Less than what, taping out one chip and cutting one of them down, doubt it.

I know, but I was referring to AMD products only-lets not forget that the 980ti is cheaper and faster.

Now that depends on where you are.

post-20323-0-43452900-1442213588_thumb.p

Why do they let retailers raise prices?

Just let them go out of stock.

Recent games -- LoL, FO4, TESV, XCOM 2, Life is Strange, Overwatch, Ark, Total War Attila, Hearthstone.  <(^^,)>

Why do they let retailers raise prices?

Just let them go out of stock.

Because if they make them out of stock it will mean sales = $0.

Even with a price increase, there will still be demand, albeit it will be less. Less sales is still better than no sales.

I remember a time when 200$ was the biggest baddest video card.

I guess this hobby isnt for me anymore. I cant spend thousands every year on some shitty games written by autistic 30 yearold virgins,... who are also incredibly FAT.

Valve got it right again. I`ll just get a zbox and play actually GOOD, yet old games on a HUGE TV. 

And i`ll have a way better time then any of you playing those idiotic crysis3 or witcher3 games on your small monitors and paying out the wazoo for it.

Bought my hardware at the right time it seems.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.