AMD's R9 Fury X prices rise due to short supply

zMeul

Titan X has a friend now

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Welcome to computing performance of the Fury X and the Titan X with the price difference. 

On newegg in Canada the fury X and 980ti are still going for the same price or the 980ti is more depending on the card. The Fury X is sold out however.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Lol, I knew the supply limits would bite AMD in the ass. They should have postponed the Nano.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I doubt this is AMD's fault, its the retailers that decide the prices...

funny how's exactly AMD's fault ;)

if supply would've met demand, the prices wouldn't be so darn high

Well that's what we were telling you OP in the topic of PCPer review.

It was obvious.

I have no idea of what you're talking about and how's that relevant to R9 Nano's performance (thermal throttling)

funny how's exactly AMD's fault ;)

if supply would've met demand, the prices wouldn't be so darn high

They said there would only be around 30K units because of limited HBM supply. 

GG

#Go980Ti! lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

They said there would only be around 30K units because of limited HBM supply. 

That's for the FuryX, what about the units saved for the Nano?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

HBM yields were THAT bad?  It kinda sucks seeing a company try a new tech only to have it burn them because of yields.  This really hurts AMD to compete with the 980ti.

That's for the FuryX, what about the units saved for the Nano?

Hmm....they probably had lower supply since not much demand.

You can always do a waterblock if you want.....sorta pointless cause of the clock speed and the single 8 pin power connector that won't have the same level performance as the Fury X. 

HAHAHAHAHAH No fuck that, I'm gonna sit here with my 4790k which I got for less than half that price, fuck you Intel.

Supply and Demand. They've got cut the demand down to get the supply back up.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

well first amd doesn't set those price and neither did sapphire or any other of the manufactures. like others have stated we are seeing this price increase due to low supply and high demand, same thing with the whole bitcoin situation a year ago. Second, if amd didn't start pushing out the fury line then people would complaining about how amd isn't releasing the fury line.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w