Would you buy a WWII Call of Duty?

Whorax

I loved 

Codfhbox.jpg

The campaign in WW2 games were much more memorable then futuristic crap we've got now.

The soundtracks were 100% better. No regenerating health, it was pretty intense. I hated the focus on a few douchebags in campaign, it's about the nations at war, not a few idiots and a dog doing tricks n' shootin' up terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwF7_gfhoqU\

After Call of Duty 3, I stopped caring about the series. Then again, I never played multiplayer in Call of Duty games. Call of Duty 2 had the best multiplayer though, so I hear.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

As long CoD dont change its chaotic MP Gameplay, Weaponbehavior and Singleplayer Railgun followtheleader shit, i will not buy any CoD.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Black ops is my favourite, I like the Nam maps weapons of the time and good characters

I'm actually not too annoyed by the latest futuristic attempts TBH, not to mention that, after the beta, I pretty much want BO3. I just (sometimes) hate the community behind the franchise...

I guess I'm just stupid, but I don't get why everyone takes everything so seriously.

But yes, definetly. If a WW2 episode came out, I'd buy it without thinking twice. I still have WaW as my favourite, directly followed by BO2.

Yes to all.

The WW2 CoDs were the best CoDs.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I would rather have a WWII game with the Frostbite engine.

Or unreal engine 4 in DX12 ?  :wub:

Let's agree to disagree

Or unreal engine 4 in DX12 ? :wub:

^ This...

It'd be pretty epic if done well :)

No no no played a lot of world war era games in the past decade over 10 if I remember correctly I'm so done with the world war era games they are so boring and predictable now that I'm no longer 14.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

No no no played a lot of world war era games in the past decade over 10 if I remember correctly I'm so done with the world war era games they are so boring and predictable now that I'm no longer 14.

Funny you say that seeing how in my opinion Black Ops 3 is the CoD that is most geared towards 14 year olds. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I bought WaW, thought it was okay~.

It has been a good while since the WWII shooter craze ended and I'm ready for a couple more to come out so long as they don't make them Michael Bay style action orgy spectacles.

I would consider buying any game that ended up being good. Call of Duty generally doesn't cut it for me, and they'll need to change more than just the locale to fix that.

Sure, WWII games were fun back then, it would be a nice change after all this new futuristic stuff.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Funny you say that seeing how in my opinion Black Ops 3 is the CoD that is most geared towards 14 year olds. :P

Never played any COD after 2009 same reason as I mentioned.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

Don't get it why people are hyped at WW2 setting in CoD. Nothing fancy, using old guns, and not using current technology. Id rather have a present setting for CoD than this WW2 thing.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I bought one of these back in 2003. It was a pretty fun game to play back then. I probably wouldn't purchase one if they made a new one.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

V CoD, UO, and CoD2 were some of the best tactical shooters ever made. They completely ruined the series when they made CoD 4, imo.

Don't get it why people are hyped at WW2 setting in CoD. Nothing fancy, using old guns, and not using current technology. Id rather have a present setting for CoD than this WW2 thing.

Because in some peoples' opinions WWII was one of the most interesting and important times in human history.

Привет товарищ ))))

V CoD, UO, and CoD2 were some of the best tactical shooters ever made. They completely ruined the series when they made CoD 4, imo.

I think CoD 4 was fine since it was literally like WaW mechanics but with modern arms, I think MW2 was what ruined it. I liked MW2 a lot, but it really sent Call of Duty down the wrong path.

Привет товарищ ))))

YES - YES - NO.

I would rather have a Battlefield styled WW2 game, with big iconic battles such as The Battle of The Bulge, battles during operation Barbarossa & Overlord.

I would rather have a WWII game with the Frostbite engine.

Could have not put that better myself.

Not interested in any COD game anymore. I played COD4 quite a lot. COD2 and COD6 a little bit. And they've not changed the game that much.

COD is not my kind of game.

Yes, yes, no. I'd buy it as long as it isn't that piece of crap that is Call of Duty.

Honestly if someone else made it probably. I feel like Call of Duty is now a fast paced FPS that is adequate in terms of game development. I don't think WWII would fit the new Call of Duty model. IF The Division doesn't suck...it'll be broken and I'll be sad about it... Ubisoft might be be able to it. I think DICE is the obvious go-to but I personally like how the Snowdrop engine looks.

As long CoD dont change its chaotic MP Gameplay, Weaponbehavior and Singleplayer Railgun followtheleader shit, i will not buy any CoD.

Or unreal engine 4 in DX12 ?  :wub:

^ This...

It'd be pretty epic if done well :)

I'd much rather see a WWII Battlefield game.

I would consider buying any game that ended up being good. Call of Duty generally doesn't cut it for me, and they'll need to change more than just the locale to fix that.

YES - YES - NO.

I would rather have a Battlefield styled WW2 game, with big iconic battles such as The Battle of The Bulge, battles during operation Barbarossa & Overlord.

Put a Battlefield question in the poll for those of you that seemed opposed to the idea of a CoD game instead of a BF game or something along those lines since a lot of people mentioned that and I'm more interested in overall WWII interest as opposed to who likes and dislikes what franchises. :P

Sooo, now that I've got the new question up go ahead and vote if you'd like.

Привет товарищ ))))

Who even cares about CoD 3, really? CoD 1 and 2 were the real deal. 

I'm really getting fed up of shooting terrorists and/or Chinese/Russians. 

Can we have an Axis campaign while we're at it, please?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Can we have an Axis campaign while we're at it, please?

Really would be neat. Lets face it, the Axis powers (Germans, really) had the greatest technology of the war. It would be neat to use some things they had, like the legendary Tiger tanks or Me109/Fw190 planes. Though if we brought vehicles into the mix it might end up being a game more suited to Battlefield as opposed to CoD. :P

Привет товарищ ))))

Put a Battlefield question in the poll for those of you that seemed opposed to the idea of a CoD game instead of a BF game or something along those lines since a lot of people mentioned that and I'm more interested in overall WWII interest as opposed to who likes and dislikes what franchises. :P

Sooo, now that I've got the new question up go ahead and vote if you'd like.

A Battlefield game set in World War II might either be really interesting or really boring depending on implementation. Weapon/vehicle customization and variety through weapons technology has become such a huge part of that game, and most of that would have to go in order to be set in the 1940's. That's not to say I love the BF4 customization systems per se, but I'd need to see what they do with the setting beyond dumping in a bunch of new art assets.

So the answer doesn't change all that much for me. I know it sounds like I'm kind of missing the point, but I need to know the game plays well. I won't buy anything based solely on it's setting. I would be interested enough to find out, I'll say that.

I also would not buy WWII themed Battlefield game. No matter what engine it uses.

Honestly the best implementation of WWII was COD2 with it's historic battles, locations and events. I can't really imagine any of these franchises bringing that back or making something really cool with it.

I think for the singelplayer part of WWII game it would be a lot better as some kind of strategy game, like Hearts of Iron. The theme of WWII "call of duty" as a single soldier or a team of soldiers has been done a lot and does not interest me.

And as a multiplayer i would be more interested in some more simulator team based stuff. Something like an expanded version of War Thunder.