Would you buy a WWII Call of Duty?

Whorax

I think CoD 4 was fine since it was literally like WaW mechanics but with modern arms, I think MW2 was what ruined it. I liked MW2 a lot, but it really sent Call of Duty down the wrong path.

CoD 4 came before WaW. The reason CoD 4 was bad was the "kill streak" mechanic, along with the smaller maps and unrealistic recoil. 

IDK... COD doesn't appeal to me as much these days as the whole concept of killstreaks is assbackwards: "Hey, congrats... you're obviously much better than your opponents, have an advantage and are stomping the everliving bajeezus out of them this game... so let's make the game even more lopsided by giving you a chopper gunner."

But I love the WWII and Vietnam war themed games. My best FPS memories are from Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 1943, BFBC2 Vietnam, COD WAW and COD Black Ops. I'm not really sure why, but I just get so much more immersed in the older themed FPS games... the sound effects, the gritty visual style, all much more captivating. The outdoor terrain is also a lot more interesting to me than freakin' Operation Metro...