Project Razer

Wintershrinkage

Day 42 - So after I let the glue dry over night it was time for me to start masking things off and getting the body filler on. I sanded the area first to get the 2 piece's to blend as much as possible and then I went and applied the body filler. The nice thing about body filler is it harden's in less in an hour so I was able to get it all filled and sanded in an afternoon!
296_zps8eqwixwr.jpg
298_zpsaiite23n.jpg
299_zpsbaizlchc.jpg
300_zpsyujm1t2y.jpg
301_zpsmzffvs3s.jpg
302_zpsnw4f6gay.jpg

Day 42 - So after I let the glue dry over night it was time for me to start masking things off and getting the body filler on. I sanded the area first to get the 2 piece's to blend as much as possible and then I went and applied the body filler. The nice thing about body filler is it harden's in less in an hour so I was able to get it all filled and sanded in an afternoon!

I'm loving this! :D

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

So I totally forgot about telling you guys what was in the box! So after unrolling alll of this wrapping paper...
P1200723_zpsmkmmujvv.jpg

You are left with 3 x 10 fricken small green led's! (Sorry forgot to take picture's of them right after unpacking them so I just took a picture now redface.gif)
P1200785_zpsjm3ijwfy.jpg

After about an hour of desoldering, we go from this..
P1200724_zpsefldvb3v.jpg

To this!!
Green_zpsc5rdaat2.jpg.

I couldn't leave it red tongue.gif Buuut the only problem is on the reverse side were the sound fx module is, there is a red led that I can't actually get too frown.gif So that is the only red led minus the debug lcd

• 2 weeks later...

Day 43 - So after the back panel was dry I decided it was time to pain!! Now this was the most frustrating part ever!!! I started off with thinking this was only going to take me 5-6 spray cans butttt nope....took about 9-10 cans. I had the problem of constantly getting the spider web effect in lots of areas so i would have to wait 24 hour's for it to fully cure, sand it, wipe it down, repaint. I think I sanded the desk about 5 times all together, once between each layer. So that took about a week or so to do cause it is such a big thing to paint! If I had any note of patience rather then rushing to get it painted so I could bring it in and get started, this would have been alot cheaper and less stressful. But anyways, to the pictures!
P1200567_zpsm2ylpspi.jpg
P1200569_zps2cc6o9od.jpg
P1200570_zps7cfzawkf.jpg
P1200571_zpswjrk4cvp.jpg
P1200572_zpslineunud.jpg

Since everything was black, being able to see where all the little cracks were became alot easier so after the first or second coat I started to add wood filler to all the spot that needed it, sanded it, wiped it down, the re painted it.
P1200573_zpspqoikf2u.jpg
P1200574_zpselgxfosd.jpg
P1200576_zpscx3ffkbc.jpg
P1200577_zps0prjulzc.jpg

It isn't perfect but it is the best I think I can get it with it being wood for one and also using a spray can. I should have used a roller and a can of paint for the primer and paint. I think that would have saved me a ton of money!

Day 44 - 2 day have past and the bottom of the desk was finally try, time to flip'er over and get to work on the inside! I never noticed how heavy this desk was... redface.gif The inside had already been sanded from the previous days so it was just priming and painting. This was pretty straight forward put i had the trouble of applying to much paint in some area's causing drips and applying coats to soon and getting the spider effect. After the desk was all done and inside the house I found that their were 2 areas that had the spider web effect and I didn't notice them frown.gif So I am going to have to live with it for now.
P1200580_zpsfkahwbnz.jpg
P1200581_zpszbqqofif.jpg
P1200582_zpsufekpofx.jpg
P1200583_zpsemblphuz.jpg

Day -45 (continue) - While waiting for the desk to cure, I decided to do something with the not so nice looking led controllers. I cut out the bottom of them so you could see the bottom of the pcb, I then found some lexan kicking around and cut and shaped it into inserts for the controller so you could see through them! I like looking at bare PCB's and thought this would add a cool touch to the desk. On the back of the pcb's I soldered on an led strip to the rear terminal's so you get that cool glow coming up from underneath it when you turn it on.thumb.gif
P1200584_zpsz3ta7n8k.jpg
P1200588_zpscpvfqycl.jpg
P1200596_zpsselmjyso.jpg
P1200604_zps6ddjwqdn.jpg
P1200605_zpsg1amxtjc.jpg
P1200609_zpsbbdjrmn7.jpg
P1200612_zpssaopn0dg.jpg
P1200613_zpsh9ultrrh.jpg
P1200614_zps97601lvy.jpg
P1200615_zps1atyna99.jpg
P1200616_zps12qjvfvu.jpg

Gonna paint them black then they are all good to go in the desk! Also I ended up repainting the back plate for where the mother board i/o are.
P1200621_zps7xbnqavv.jpg
P1200622_zpsffyp9ikd.jpg
P1200623_zps9zqmvyzl.jpg

I cant see pics, they are blocked form my sight..... :(  crappy work internet picture blocking software thingymahjig.  :angry:

Guess I will have to wait till I get home so the pics can be open to me. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

This will be a bitch to upgrade

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Looking good,NICE TRIBUTE TO Peter Brands D3sk Build

347%20%5B2560pxl3p%5D.JPG

THOR D3SK V2,Asus Maximus VII Hero  ,INTEL4790K,CorsairHX1000i,ASUSR.O.G MATRIX PLATINUM R9 280X  CROSSFIRE,SAMSUNGSSD840 pro RAID0Corsair Force LX 120Gb RAID0,WD 2Tb Black Edition,CORSAIR Dominator Platinum16GB, CUSTOM WATERCOOLED

CUSTOM BUILD 2014

Looking good,NICE TRIBUTE TO Peter Brands D3sk Build

needs more cats

Nice build structurally but some creativity in the rest of the setup would be nice. Or a bit of recognition to L3P.

"He who dies with the most toys, wins."

Name: Daily Driver

Specs: - Asus Maximus V Gene - i7 2600K (4.2Ghz) - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM - Asus GTX 570 DCu2 - 2x Crucial M4 128Gb Raid0 - NZXT Vulcan

Name: Build 1

Specs: - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z - i5 2500k - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM - Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti 448 Core

Name: Soggy Pi

Specs: - Raspberry Pi Model B 256Mb - Watercooled

Well since I have had lots of bad lash from this build, I will be taking it down. I am sorry for everyone that was offended by it. Peters desk inspired me to make my own and I thought it would be cool to show everyone how I made mine. Sorry Peter for ripping your desk of. I just really liked it and wanted one myself.

Off course you don't have to take it down. I still like desk builds a LOT.

I've had hundreds of mails the last few years where people asked for plans or drawings.

But have to admit, when so many idea's are being used like here it's just better to mention where you got it from.

I can imagine copying the 4 pump/4 valve solution was fun :P

or the razer Text in the logo....

THOR D3SK V2,Asus Maximus VII Hero  ,INTEL4790K,CorsairHX1000i,ASUSR.O.G MATRIX PLATINUM R9 280X  CROSSFIRE,SAMSUNGSSD840 pro RAID0Corsair Force LX 120Gb RAID0,WD 2Tb Black Edition,CORSAIR Dominator Platinum16GB, CUSTOM WATERCOOLED

CUSTOM BUILD 2014

Why can't people just accept the fact that one guy wanted to build a desk PC that looks like another person's? And all he really has to do is add in an 'Inspired by Peter Brand' line in all future posts.

That's all it needs/needed. No need to take it down. Everyone gets inspiration from other people, just a bit of recognition if you copy things exactly.

"He who dies with the most toys, wins."

Name: Daily Driver

Specs: - Asus Maximus V Gene - i7 2600K (4.2Ghz) - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM - Asus GTX 570 DCu2 - 2x Crucial M4 128Gb Raid0 - NZXT Vulcan

Name: Build 1

Specs: - Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z - i5 2500k - 8Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM - Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti 448 Core

Name: Soggy Pi

Specs: - Raspberry Pi Model B 256Mb - Watercooled