Project Razer

Wintershrinkage

Hmmm what could I be doing with these two colours [emoji38] -snip-

God damn i love that flashy green! I used blaze green plastidip for my build and it goes really well with the razer green

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

-quickscope-

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

giphy.gif

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I'm sorry to say that you can't change the colour of the ROG LED on the motherboard, check out Linus's personal rig update 2015 part 1

You can turn off the led on the sound part of the board in the bios

I want to actually solder new green LEDs onto the board, so that's why I want to find the size of them to change them out.

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a custom rog led logo for the heat sink like this one but in green or even clear?

Also does anyone happen to know what size LEDs the rog board uses?

27ba6ce2cf9f20d626bd0340d8c148d9.jpg

Thanks!

Measure them, they looks like 0402 or 0603 SMD.

0402 is 40 mil x 20mil or .04 x .02 in.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

-snip-

Wow, i wish i would've bought a z170 board and painted it instead of buying another g1 sniper 5!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Wow, i wish i would've bought a z170 board and painted it instead of buying another g1 sniper 5!

Thats a rampage V extreme, and why the heck would you use z170 on THIS beast of a machine?

I successfully hacked 127.0.0.1! Now I cant turn on my computer :/

6700K - z170 Pro Gaming - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - WD Black 1TB - WD Green 3TB - External Hard drive 3TB - Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Core Edition - Fractal Define R5 - RM650 - Razer BW Chroma - Roccat Tyon Lasermouse

Thats a rampage V extreme, and why the heck would you use z170 on THIS beast of a machine?

I think you mixed me up with the OP, i am saying that instead of buying a g1 sniper 5 a couple of weeks ago, i should'Ve bought a newer mobo ( z170 or x99 ) i should've bought one and painted it like him, because its fucking cool!

Spoiler

oh, my fault. sorry :(

but if you paint your motherboard, pay attention so you wont damage any pins in the slots (PCIe, RAM)

6700K - z170 Pro Gaming - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - WD Black 1TB - WD Green 3TB - External Hard drive 3TB - Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Core Edition - Fractal Define R5 - RM650 - Razer BW Chroma - Roccat Tyon Lasermouse

oh, my fault. sorry :(

but if you paint your motherboard, pay attention so you wont damage any pins in the slots (PCIe, RAM)

Like i said, i bought a g1 sniper 5, so its already green, but thank you anyway!

Spoiler

Okay so I need everyone's opinion on this..Now that the board has been painted, I still have to paint the 3 heat sink's on the board and am not to sure what I should do with that. These are just 2 things I have come up with so far. I don't want the green to be to over powering as all the tubing will have green uv liquid in them, but I don't want the board to have to little green.
Rampage%20V%20Extreme%20Assembly1_zpsh9r 
Rampage%20V%20Extreme%20Assembly2_zpssm7 
Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Want to try and get it done for the weekend so I can give you guys a really big update thumb.gif

I like the shroud on option two, but i like the top heat sink on option one more, maybe do a combination of the two so the green is over powering?

Heatsinks black, like the PCB on the board?

I like the shroud on option two, but i like the top heat sink on option one more, maybe do a combination of the two so the green is over powering?

So you just like leaving the top heat sink bare and just paint the heat sink above the io?

This looks really f*cking amazing. Good luck finishing the desk!

Going to follow to the end.

So you just like leaving the top heat sink bare and just paint the heat sink above the io?

ya, but have too much green on the i/o

post-172030-0-61804400-1443045141.jpg

what about this one? 

Thats what i think looks the best! 

Its a mix of the first and second!

Spoiler

Were you able to find the size of the LED's?

Day 36 - Paint time! I was time for me to get the razer logo's all primed and painted as well as finish up the last few metal plates that needed to be spray painted. Believe it or not this was the most frustrating thing to do ever!!! The way i painted these logo's was prime, let dry over night, paint, let dry over night, and then said any flaw's that may have came up. That may sound easy but for some reason after I sanded the imperfection's then painted over them again I was left with a spider effect and it looked terrible!!! mad.gif So I found out that the paint I was using was reacting funny to the primer so I had to change the brand of paint I used. Buuuuut that didn't solve the problem, it still spidered. So after many days I finally was able to get them to look perfect!!

186_zpsetpg4eb9.jpg
187_zpsktlybxsj.jpg
188_zpswn4pzuxb.jpg
189_zpsw4jxsgig.jpg
190_zps92oefksb.jpg

Day 37 - So after that massive fiasco, I was finally able to finish aaaanndddd......START ASSEMBLING THE DESK biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Yah I was pretty happy that day haha. So the way I am built this desk was to glue 3 1" acrylic rods into the 3 1" holes on the inner legs then epoxy them in place. This will add strength to the lower half so it won't sway back and forth and keep the leg's from buckling.

At each end of the acrylic rods there will be 3 rgb led's so a total of 21 led's just in the rods alone!!!. After the rods have been epoxyed in, and dried, I then mad to make sure that all the wire's from the outer leg's that lit up the razor logo would fit around the area that I covered with electrical tape on the outter leg so that it wouldn't make the wood bulge from the pressure of the wire's. Once the wire's were all good it was time to start gluing the inner leg's! I used 10-15 clamps to make sure the 2 piece's of wood were stuck together nice and tight so the glue can dry and would be a gap between them. Then from that point on I pieced each piece one by one till the rest of it together! After all the blood, sweat, anger, and numerous times I would swear at the stupid thing (It's really not stupid it is my baby smile.gif she was just not playing nice) oh and numerous day's this took the desk was ready for painting!!

Now that all the talking is done, who is ready to be bombarded with photo's thumb.gif

216_zpswy9bcrkv.jpg
217_zps3wpnhjwf.jpg
218_zpsjbbqzxwg.jpg
219_zpscthvzxht.jpg
220_zpsxabyr9vb.jpg
221_zps2msgav9o.jpg