Project Razer

Wintershrinkage

Sorry for no update's tonight guys, have a job interview tomorrow so i am just making sure i am prepared! Gonna need a job to cover the rest of this build :P :P

Good luck!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Day 31 - So the next step in this project is to drill the holes for the 5mm led's that I am going to be installing behind the razer logo's on the side wall. They will consist of RGB and UV led's. But before I can install the led's I have to prime and paint the side outer walls because I wont be able to paint them once the led's. But what I didn't realize is that this would actually cause a lot of problem's and cost me alot of time and money down the road. More on that later.

166_zps3hzs17rs.jpg

167_zpssokq1iuz.jpg
163_zpslvyxxjpv.jpg

Day 32 - Now that they have been painted, I waited about a week before they were completely dry. During this process I ended up spraying a clear coat on the paint after 48 hours from when I applied the last coat of paint. But once the clear coat was dry it ended up leaving the surface really bumpy and spotty. So I decided to do a quick sanding to smooth out the clear coat but it ended up sanding through the paint down to the primer. So after that big problem I had to go back to priming the spot and painting it again to even out the coats and to make it like good. Anyways, at this point it was time to start installing the led's! If there are any electricians out there, please don't judge me on my wiring skills haha. It may look like crap but it get's the job done!

Yup this is a roll of 1000 220 ohm resistors...I never want to see another resistor in my life. gunner.gif Since the rgb led's and UV led's require maximum 5v to run and anymore then that would fry them, I had to solder a resistor on to each individual pin of every resistor. At the end of completing the side walls, I had less then half of them left.

164_zpsd8cklghk.jpg

165_zpsylwsjsd2.jpg

Let the project begin! I first started off with positioning each of the led's an 1/8" out of the wood and then secured them with hot glue. I could have used epoxy as it is way better then hot glue, but it would have costed to much just to complete this small part. In the end it costed me about $10 for a massive bag of hot glue sticks.

172_zpskuefkruw.jpg

169_zpsakrxoqrq.jpg

170_zpsdqu3fxgn.jpg

Day 32 (Continue) - At this point it was time to start soldering on the resistor's and wires. In order to get the wire's to not be so bulky, I ended up striping all the shielding off them, attaching it to a drill and spinning it to cause the wires to twist together. I then soldered the entire thing to keep it from fraying and sturdy.

173_zps7nz660a5.jpg

174_zpsk3190pn8.jpg

175_zpspdko73o3.jpg

After I had completed a soldering resistors and wire to all of each pin (e.g. all the red pins), I would hot glue the wire in place so it wouldn't move, then I would put electrical tape on it to keep it from wire's crossing and making contact. I know it look like the worst job you have ever seen but it worked out great!

176_zpsuu18fzd6.jpg

177_zpsijgg3kxq.jpg

178_zpsrkq2xgb0.jpg

Well everyone, I have one very very big problem.  I'm an idiot. The desk is 58.5" long 8" high with a depth of 34".   The biggest door in my house is...

P1200656_zpsijplanmk.jpg

Yup is only 30.75". I guess I should have made sure the desk was gonna fit through the door before I built it  :blink:

cant you saw off the legs and put them back together to tilt it to the side?

Haha I wish! But no I can't with all the wire's in the legs

Well everyone, I have one very very big problem.  I'm an idiot. The desk is 58.5" long 8" high with a depth of 34".   The biggest door in my house is...

P1200656_zpsijplanmk.jpg

Yup is only 30.75". I guess I should have made sure the desk was gonna fit through the door before I built it  :blink:

I see what you did there... You just made the perfect excuse to extend the house with a Man Cave!! ;)

I wanna see this bad boy light!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

I see what you did there... You just made the perfect excuse to extend the house with a Man Cave!! ;)

Hahaha I like the way you think :D

I am!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Ok update time! Well before we get to the final outcome of the side wall, the guy who helped me make the razor logo's send me some sick picture's of the final result right off the mill!
A16B54F8-D269-4682-BC4C-131ACA3651F1_zps
A6E786C9-7E49-4F83-8443-D2EC78D913CA_zps
560FE1E8-61A5-4FAD-BBC8-8FEC20AED667_zps
1B27D616-EE66-4D07-88D5-005B1E37CD1B_zps

Day 32...no 33 - This project has already taken so long haha. Well I guess you guys don't really no how long this project is. I started this project at the beginning of this year with just collecting parts, and by April once the weather had started to warm up (spring time), it was time for me to start actually building the desk! So at this point it is early-mid august.

So here is the end result of the desk!

214_zps5f69wmmz.jpg
215_zpsyl2guhmh.jpg
184_zpstnsgougb.jpg

Sorry for the crappy video and pictures frown.gif It was really late in the night and apparently I didn't care to take any clearer shot's mad.gif

Day 34 - Now that the side wall is all done and wired up, time to move onto the part. So as I showed you previously, I got a bunch of metal plates water cut for the motherboard, middle section, and pump section. Since I had already spent so much money on the cutting and my cnc operator at work was backed up for a couple month's, I took things into my own hands and did the rest of the work myself. Each of the oval shaped cut out's are actually the inner dimensions of the corsair 350D rubber grommet's. I wanted to but grommet's in rather then have them open as it would look alot cleaner and wouldn't have all these cut out's with lots of space since all the wires wont take up all the space of the cut out.

***WARNING - Not gonna lie, they turned out looking like s*** when I was done with them mad.gifthought I could do better frown.gif***
191_zpscpl6pl09.jpg
192_zpsdcg27ort.jpg
193_zpsq3lhfn1l.jpg
194_zpsyrwfg7qb.jpg
195_zpsjlc736b0.jpg
196_zpsvhxtu3nh.jpg
197_zpsydhxftdv.jpg

206_zpstw5sysew.jpg
207_zps3mufmqs2.jpg
208_zpsjrmo62cz.jpg
209_zps8ny7lznd.jpg
210_zps3tbo8m2g.jpg
211_zpslyymykc8.jpg

So the end result it saved me $175 and a couple month's of waiting, the bad side, doesn't look nearly as clean as I was hoping for. My regret was cheaping out on not getting them done professionally. What's another $150 after you have already spend xxxx amount of dollarsalready redface.gif

Absolutely beautiful! So much hard work and dedication!

Hey guys,

Anyone know where I can get a custom rog led logo for the heat sink like this one but in green or even clear?

9cfb8e9c4bed104bad530c6ba064c353.jpg

Also does anyone happen to know what size LEDs the rog board uses?

27ba6ce2cf9f20d626bd0340d8c148d9.jpg

Thanks!

Damn props for the motivation you have to go through all the work on this project of yours!! Can't wait to see the final result

Damn props for the motivation you have to go through all the work on this project of yours!! Can't wait to see the final result

Thanks! I can't wait to see the end result either haha :)