Project Razer

Wintershrinkage

Day 36 - Oh right forgot to add this. But before I even started the gluing of the outer legs, I had to put the razer logo's on! So I took the 4 bolts and put them in through the back, the put the washer's on, then the acrylic, then the metal logo's! It wasn't simple at all like that. I ended up having to make the holes in the acrylic bigger, then had to grind down the bolt's multiple times so they wouldn't ground out on the inner of the metal logo before everything was tight, and then I had to make sure everything was lined up properly and tight. My biggest biggest regret of this desk was the way I put these logo's on. Ill get more into next update but I should have made it so I could have taken them off and one while the desk was put together. For anyone who is making a desk like this with logo's on the outside, I can't stress enough how much of a pain in the rear end it was. But enough of me, picture time!
227_zpseb4vjknx.jpg
228_zpsmmzijesa.jpg
229_zpsq04hnwf7.jpg
230_zpsmd7nbpe9.jpg231_zpsesr2lmyw.jpg233_zpsljpzyv3c.jpg

The illuminated logo looks amazing! Can't wait to see the desk finished

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

Wow!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

Need some help, should I do anymore on the left heat sink ?

8c3bda51c6ac553a47d90328a361bc06.jpg

But how sick does that look!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeet

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

That Sir is one sexy desk

Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one - Emmett Lathrop "DocBrown 

A razer green motherboard?

I successfully hacked 127.0.0.1! Now I cant turn on my computer :/

6700K - z170 Pro Gaming - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - WD Black 1TB - WD Green 3TB - External Hard drive 3TB - Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Core Edition - Fractal Define R5 - RM650 - Razer BW Chroma - Roccat Tyon Lasermouse

do you build the machine without the chipset heatsink?

I successfully hacked 127.0.0.1! Now I cant turn on my computer :/

6700K - z170 Pro Gaming - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - WD Black 1TB - WD Green 3TB - External Hard drive 3TB - Zotac GTX 970 Amp! Core Edition - Fractal Define R5 - RM650 - Razer BW Chroma - Roccat Tyon Lasermouse

do you build the machine without the chipset heatsink?

Oh no it will have the heatsink's they just look a 100x better now!

I can't even motivate myself to build the basic desk design I've been wanting to do for a while, but this.. takes so much effort I couldn't ever pull it off :P

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Day 37 - So for the next few days I spent all of them assembling and gluing the desk together. Since no one else was able to help me with the gluing I just ended up doing it myself smile.gif It is a big job for 1 person especially when you have to make sure it is all lined up, then you have to spread the glue, then make sure the cables are out of the way when you stick it on, then make sure it is all aligned again, then put cloths around the area's you are going to clamp so you don't damage the paint, then clamp and finally quickly grab a rag so you don't get to much spillage from the extra glue. So here we go! Sorry for not having that many picture's of the process. I was a little busy with other things tongue.gif
.238_zps42amalra.jpg
239_zpshmcslulq.jpg
245_zpshpoyzdm6.jpg
246_zpsmtnnkdsu.jpg

Day 38 - After I had let the leg's dry overnight, I started to assemble the remained of the desk! Since the leg's are going to be holding about ~100lbs of equipment, I thought I would make sure they were 100% dry before starting the next process tongue.gif Before I even started to work on gluing the rest of the desk I had to finish making the last modification's to the back panel for the 3 x displayport and 3 x power cables to pass through biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

240_zpssiclobff.jpg
241_zpsakfrfdng.jpg
242_zpsltm9j2f2.jpg

After that was all done I started with gluing the bottom panel on first, the right away adding the back panel on to make sure that the desk lined up perfectly. If I just put the bottom panel on with out the back their wouldn't have been any way for me to have made sure it was all lined up.

247_zpsrgwcpqbp.jpg
248_zpsc9one15f.jpg
249_zpsp4bacrm5.jpg

Day 38 - But after everything going fairly smoothly, I ran into a bit of a hickup.
250_zpsaeqcf1kx.jpg

I am not to sure how that happened, I didn't test fit's and everything before but anyway, the board was sitting proud about an 1/8". Since it was already glued I couldn't really just take it off and redo it. Once the glue had dried completely, I took out my router, a long piece of wood, and then made it so that when the side of the cutter hit where i wanted it to I just clamped the wood underneath it so it would make a straight and even line side to side. Doing this enabled me to just run the router down the back of the back piece and trim off the extra bit of wood!

251_zps8a1etpsh.jpg
252_zpsddnqxaf4.jpg

Keep on going, wizard of craftmanship! Its looking damn good!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. But now that I have a bit of free time, thought I would give everyone an update!!

Day 41 - So now that I had the desk all together, I had to get back to thinking about what I am going to do about the stand for the monitor's. It had to be Strong, not bulky, take up little desk space, allow for cables to managed nicely, and of course look good. So after many hours I give you this!! I designed it so that I could glue it onto the back of the desk, use lots of body filler and sand it down to look like it is actually part of the desk. I think I am pretty happy with the way it turned out!

F74A8BB5-4209-43BF-9BB2-1850E35E5B2C_zps
4E6B05BF-0CA7-4038-B4F2-E5030A9B4301_zps
CF3543C5-D359-40E0-AD02-39FB8B45C750_zps
E3D0319D-2BD7-43C8-A894-B1B39ACEE54F_zps

244_zpsrtaf9esz.jpg
287_zpsyin0xevp.jpg
289_zpsmjeeiobd.jpg
293_zps1yzesau5.jpg
291_zpsvzz3xl3a.jpg
294_zps4cxwezkw.jpg

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted an update in a while. But now that I have a bit of free time, thought I would give everyone an update!!

Day 41 - So now that I had the desk all together, I had to get back to thinking about what I am going to do about the stand for the monitor's. It had to be Strong, not bulky, take up little desk space, allow for cables to managed nicely, and of course look good. So after many hours I give you this!! I designed it so that I could glue it onto the back of the desk, use lots of body filler and sand it down to look like it is actually part of the desk. I think I am pretty happy with the way it turned out!

It's been a while... It was worth the wait!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC