Dumbest Tech Questions/Quotes You've Ever Heard

NInety

They are technically correct. PS4 does have an advantage from using GDDR5 over DDR3. When it comes to gaming performance, the memory being used by the GPU needs to be fast to keep up with the quick changing image/scene. It needs to store game related data (textures etc.) that needs to be accessed very quickly. Slower Vram can and will hinder/bottleneck the GPU's performance.

Thus, the reason it makes sense to use GDDR5 as the system ram in a gaming console like the PS4 is because the GPU shares the system ram as Vram. It doesn't make sense to use GDDR5 in a typical PC because system ram and Vram are separate.

lets simplize it ps4 has APU APU need fast memory so GDDR5 duhhhh

My computer has 1TB of ram!

My console will kick your computers ass, you're just wasting your money.

Did you plug in your internet cable?

Don't use your phones in class! *teacher sits on phone rest of hour doing stuff*

Edit: You don't know anything about computers, you're too young.

You can't build computers, that's stupid and impossible. Its even a waste of money, just get an Xbox.

CoD is the best fps ever.

Edited by Darkman

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I heard this one from a guy who were previously working with helpdesk

Ok so there was a woman calling hello... internett not working so did you plug in the cables

Nono i have wireless no need  turns out she have been leeching of the neighboor the whole time lol

I was helping someone troubleshoot their older computer after it crashed, and the Start Menu wouldn't come up when I clicked on it.

ME: "Why doesn't the Start Menu work?"

THEM: "It's always been like that"

ME: "But how do you...."

THEM: "I just don't use it"

"My plasma TV may have run out of plasma. Do you sell plasma by the liter? What colors do you have? I heard my TV uses red, green and blue but I'd prefer something more brown or yellow."

0fd0058dda5424f114a654ebd503f562.jpg gotta fill it up sometime right?

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

I have a dual monitor set up right now and sometimes i spend 30 seconds trying to find out where my mouse pointer is. I cant imagine having 4 screens haha

I have four, with four diiferent resolutions. It's a struggle to use the bluetooth keyboard from bed every night lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

SET8I8V.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Just saw this today...this is in relation as to why someone is getting low FPS in a lower resolution than a higher one.

I saw this too! xD

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

lets simplize it ps4 has APU APU need fast memory so GDDR5 duhhhh

The person I quoted asked, "if GDDR5 is superior, why isn't it used everywhere?". Simply saying, "an APU needs fast memory" doesn't properly answer that question. 

I was helping someone troubleshoot their older computer after it crashed, and the Start Menu wouldn't come up when I clicked on it.

ME: "Why doesn't the Start Menu work?"

THEM: "It's always been like that"

ME: "But how do you...."

THEM: "I just don't use it"

I rarely ever use the start button in windows. Why the need for all the extra clicking and sifting through menus and sub-menus? I have all my most-used programs/apps pinned to the task bar (one-click launch) including control panel, cmd and task manager to name a few. It's all there, one-click away. So I'm one of those people who "just doesn't use it". I find it inconvenient, tbh. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Sort of weakens the "reputation" ag deniers that 'the USA " did actually go.

You may now have the last word if you want, or we could just leave it at '90% of the people know the truth the other 10% are like you and believe any old crap they read'.

Man, seriously, why do you have to let the facts get in the way?

Funny how some people will never accept a fact, even after they are proven wrong! But it's sometimes fun since it gave us this thread!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I hate geek squad, i'm sure you are a fine person and all but i hate them. My friend had a PC that had a virus (a very simple one) and to "fix it" they replaced his motherboard, charged him $300 and told him it was fine, which it wasn't cause they hadn't actually done anything to address the actual issue. So i go over to his house, he mentions in passing that his computer is still broken and his mom was all mad cause they spent $300 and nothing got fixed for real. So i boot up his PC, i get into windows, and a few things are messed up, i did a system restore, and put a free antivirus on his computer and cleaned the virus. and that was the end of it, ran fine for years. The thing that pissed me off was I told them i could fix it BEFORE they were going to send it out but thought i would just break it at the time i was 15 and they thought, oh well you are 15 there is no way you can comprehend this super complex magic machine because I can't, Not know of course that I've literally been playing with and taking apart and fixing computers since i was like 7, not even playing. We had a computer since i was like 6 (1995) and I learned how to use DOS at first. My dad used to work of the army corp of engineers, so he had been working with computers since the 70's he used to code things in COBAL and FORTRAN and was responsible for designing the password programs for the army's data storage and other such programs. So he taught me about them at a young age, and have just been learning about them since, like I know what the hell I'm doing i can fix a little virus issue that is nothing lol. That was a long time ago though, so i'm sure if they have people working for them now that actually know what they are doing I feel much better about them 

cannot comprehend wall of text

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

cannot comprehend wall of text

take your time. 

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

take your time. 

hahaha

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

hahaha

:P lol

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

PC wasn't working and the person suggested that it may be because the "computer doesn't have enough files".

Paragon [ Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz | 16GB @ 1866MHz Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 | ASUS Z87-Pro | Zotac AMP GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair H100i GTX | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | 2 x Crucial M500 240GB SSDs | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 | Corsair Carbide 300R ] (Backup Storage: Seagate Expansion 5TB USB3.0 HDD)

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q }

"Can I just cut one of the cables?"

"What would you do if I just poured water on it?"

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

My friend : *turn on the power source but doesn't turn on the pC*

My friend : Why is it doesn't turn on??

Me          : *facepalm*

I can't watch that, that is absolute cringe.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •