Tesla Ex-Employee Snapped Up By FBI

Arty

http://gas2.org/2015/09/08/tesla-ex-employee-snapped-up-by-fbi/

importnat \/

a former Tesla employee has been charged with spreading unfavorable (and confidential) company information. This information includes employee reviews and customer complaints. The employee in question, Nima Kalbasi, is presumed to have hacked into his former manager’s email to access this material, which was then posted online, along with his own “false and misleading” commentary, according to the FBI

not important \/

oth sides are keeping quiet on the matter for now. This incident is not the first of its kind for Tesla, whose website and Twitter account were taken over earlier this year by hackers. For more on that, see: “When A Hack Is Not A Hack (Yep, We’re Talking Tesla).”

Some members of the Tesla Motors Club forum have a hunch as to a forum member who might be Nima Kalbasi. A poster by the username “Eds” had been saying that he had inside information that the soon-to-launch Tesla Model X had supply problems that would significantly delay its production (again) and that initial Model X SUVs shipped to customers would have issues. Tesla has indicated in a recent conference call that supplier issues may mean Tesla can’t produce as many of the SUVs as initially intended, but I think it’s safe to say that very few people would believe Elon Musk would ship a product to customers that had known issues — his perfectionism is actually considered to be something he could ease up on.

This may be as much as we ever learn about this story, but if we learn more, we’ll be sure to drop a note here.

This sucks for tesla, 

people will just see the haedlines

and fox will fuck this up

:(

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed duplicate post.

http://gas2.org/2015/09/08/tesla-ex-employee-snapped-up-by-fbi/

importnat \/

not important \/

This sucks for tesla, 

people will just see the haedlines

and fox will fuck this up

:(

they'll find a way to link it to Tesla battery fires. (which happen wayyyy less than regular gas car explosions)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I mean, he deserves to be fired. I just hope this doesn't leave a lasting effect on Tesla. They aren't doing so great financially.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Working with/for Elon Musk isn't a great experience from what I've personally heard from engineers who collaborated with SpaceX. And working conditions cannot be that great either. 

But you can't spread stuff like this.

System: Thinkpad T460

they'll find a way to link it to Tesla battery fires. (which happen wayyyy less than regular gas car explosions)

And way less than Dell battery or Jeep Cherokee fires :D .

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I wonder how much the government was paid for this, by the oil companies.

(just a reminder, I hate electric cars.)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

, I hate electric cars.)

why

why

They just don't sound as good.

I just prefer the more "antiquated" technology. Specifically because it's much easier to control. consider how we view Operating Systems, Linux is better because we have more control over it.

Although it's mainly the noise thing, and the fact that it's "antiquated technology". You know how people are obsessed with steam and steampunk? Same thing I guess. Also the inherent vulnerability in electric cars. That being the need for an electricity generating infrastructure. (that last bit is the doomsday prepper in me)

I just prefer the more "antiquated" technology. Specifically because it's much easier to control. consider how we view Operating Systems, Linux is better because we have more control over it.

Although it's mainly the noise thing, and the fact that it's "antiquated technology". You know how people are obsessed with steam and steampunk? Same thing I guess. Also the inherent vulnerability in electric cars. That being the need for an electricity generating infrastructure. (that last bit is the doomsday prepper in me)

You have to admit though that the improvements over the older ones is very good. However the battery technology itself still really isn't that great. Maybe if fuel cells+solar power were used in conjunction (and were better-they can be both improved upon by a lot) then electric cars would be an actual alternative.

PMSL

You have to admit though that the improvements over the older ones is very good. However the battery technology itself still really isn't that great. Maybe if fuel cells+solar power were used in conjunction (and were better-they can be both improved upon by a lot) then electric cars would be an actual alternative.

Improvements based on what? The environmental costs, as electric cars are adopted, are still the same considering where the power comes from.

Cost? You really think that as adoption of electric cars increases, the price of electricity won't increase? It will. Probably dramatically.

To that extent wouldn't you say you need a refinery infrastructure for processing oil into gas for the combustion engine? I like electric cars as they make sense from a PoF perspective. Less parts and complexity = less that can go wrong. Computers are pretty robust and can run for years without issue ( assuming software is decent), electricity is also far easier to produce then processing oil

any car after '10 is connected to the internet in a way.

at least tesla takes security seriously on the car 

yea that sound is a bummer but, i don't mind it. (my neighbor has one)

and electric cars = less moving parts = less points of failure 

rip tesla

gosh, I sure hope not

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Improvements based on what? The environmental costs, as electric cars are adopted, are still the same considering where the power comes from.

Cost? You really think that as adoption of electric cars increases, the price of electricity won't increase? It will. Probably dramatically.

Read what I said: fuel cell+solar power, when the car is stopped during the day solar power can be used to convert the water from driving at night or during low light back into hydrogen and oxygen (there are various types of fuel that can be used BTW). And the solar power can also power the car during the day with the hydrogen fuel cells for times when you need extra power or when your driving in low light/at night. Its actually a totally carbon neutral process.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell

Also note that fuel cells have been around for over 100 years.

PMSL

Read what I said: fuel cell+solar power, when the car is stopped during the day solar power can be used to convert the water from driving at night or during low light back into hydrogen and oxygen (there are various types of fuel that can be used BTW). And the solar power can also power the car during the day with the hydrogen fuel cells for times when you need extra power or when your driving in low light/at night. Its actually a totally carbon neutral process.

solar power on car will never work

2 small of a space

and not efficient enough 

full cells add another layer for energy to be lost

2 small of a space

and not efficient enough 

Read: Fuel-cell+solar power, and I did mention that if they were used in conjunction and improved upon.

PMSL

Read: Fuel-cell+solar power, and I did mention that if they were used in conjunction and improved upon.

ithink Better batteries + longer cycles + faster charging will be be better.

2 small of a space

and not efficient enough 

Maybe not entirely based on sun but it wouldn't hurt to put solar panels on something with a lot more surface area like a bus or an 18 wheeler to reduce some of the costs and/or add a bit more autonomy: remember that electric semi that could only drive for like 30 minutes between charges? Maybe you could squeeze 2 hours during the day which is already a lot better.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Maybe not entirely based on sun but it wouldn't hurt to put solar panels on something with a lot more surface area like a bus or an 18 wheeler to reduce some of the costs and/or add a bit more autonomy: remember that electric semi that could only drive for like 30 minutes between charges? Maybe you could squeeze 2 hours during the day which is already a lot better.

A semi truck with solar on the Trailer that might do something.

I guess, in the long run, I just prefer the sound and feel of an internal combustion engine 

Nima Kalbasi sounds like "doesn't have sausages" in some Slavic language.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

I guess, in the long run, I just prefer the sound and feel of an internal combustion engine 

There were probably people that preferred the sound and feel (and smell? lol) of a horse carriage too, but we as a society still need to progress. Basically, if everybody under the Sun wants to own a car, the cars should be clean or there will be consequences. I enjoy that statement even more because we can now use the Sun to power our cars.

Luckily we are slim years, maybe a decade,  before batteries+solar overpower ICEs in performance. That's in addition to already beating them in efficiency and cleanliness today (in addition to safety if Tesla's cars are any indication).

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

That saying "too big to fail"... Perhaps in this case needs to be "too important to fail". Given how completely useless other auto manufacturers have been and are being I very much hope this doesn't effect Tesla too badly. As OP said, Fox is going to have a field day - sponsored by the fossil fuel industry.
Whilst not the greatest fan of capitalism as its used today I must admit to having a large affection for Musk. Need more like him who actually give a damn about the future of not only our Human race but life on Earth in general.

There were probably people that preferred the sound and feel (and smell? lol) of a horse carriage too, but we as a society still need to progress. Basically, if everybody under the Sun wants to own a car, the cars should be clean or there will be consequences. I enjoy that statement even more because we can now use the Sun to power our cars.

Pfft, you people and your wheels. Its an affront I tells ya!

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.