Are real balisongs Legal?

Aytex

I hope they aren't banned for you over there. They are banned here in Canada.

-snip-

Not banned everywhere is USA goes state by state. Not sure about Alabama. 

Protip, don't buy it. Knives are not toys.

If he can be reasonable and responsible with it, it's okay to own one. But from what I've seen of his actions on this forum I'd have to agree with you.  

They are legal. I live in Tennessee and own several. Pretty sure the knife laws are almost the same in our states.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

If he can be reasonable and responsible with it, it's okay to own one. But from what I've seen of his actions on this forum I'd have to agree with you.  

Lol you both judge people by what they type on the internet. GG

k den.

make sure you get a LEGIT REAL BRAND NAME knife, the cheapy knockoff knives suck ass, they have loads of bladeplay and they cant keep an edge. (a spyderco smallfly is a great knife) (good butterfly knives can be purchased here: http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Butterfly-Knives--70 )

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

make sure you get a LEGIT REAL BRAND NAME knife, the cheapy knockoff knives suck ass, they have loads of bladeplay and they cant keep an edge. (a spyderco smallfly is a great knife) (good butterfly knives can be purchased here: http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Butterfly-Knives--70 )

Yeah, what he said. From my experience, Benchmade is worth every penny. A lot of people hate them cause they tried to patent the word "Balisong". Never looked again to see how that went.

Their products are of the highest quality though.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

yea i'd much rather spend 200+ USD on a gpu than a knife lol. i just want one that wont break and use it for tricks lol

Can I ask why would you even need a sharpened knife to do tricks?

Yeah, what he said. From my experience, Benchmade is worth every penny. A lot of people hate them cause they tried to patent the word "Balisong". Never looked again to see how that went.

Their products are of the highest quality though.

thanks

Nope, but buying a knife to merely do tricks and for swag is idiotic, you can use a dull one like the one you own.

:/

Nope, but buying a knife to merely do tricks and for swag is idiotic, you can use a dull one like the one you own.

I guess im idiotic in your eyes then.

I see it as a hobby like skateboarding or hunting..

I guess im idiotic in your eyes then.

I see it as a hobby like skateboarding or hunting..

It's your call in the end, I'm speaking from personal experience here, you shouldn't fuck around with a knife, just like you won't with a rifle.  

:/

Get a practice one. While you use that you can find out if the real ones are legal and be less likely to stab yourself

What else do I have to go by? I only have seen you on the internet. And thus, I've only ever seen you act  a little immature to carry/own a knife. 

Get a practice one. While you use that you can find out if the real ones are legal and be less likely to stab yourself

I already have a practice one.... I've had it for a few days...

I never said i'm going to be buying a real one the next day. im going to practice more

make sure you get a LEGIT REAL BRAND NAME knife, the cheapy knockoff knives suck ass, they have loads of bladeplay and they cant keep an edge. (a spyderco smallfly is a great knife) (good butterfly knives can be purchased here: http://www.bladehq.com/cat--Butterfly-Knives--70 )

I feel like the small fly was too different of a design for me and didn't flip quite well for my tastes, it gets getting used to. Yeah the bare minimum I would go would be bear ops 70-100 dollars, the ones under that aren't worth anyone's time and there so cheap the blade could fly off and not good. Also Already told about bladehq by far my favorite site too.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I already have a practice one.... I've had it for a few days...

I never said i'm going to be buying a real one the next day. im going to practice more

Honestly you never learn unless you use a sharp blade it teaches you when you make mistakes, I learned the hard way that using a dull trainer gets you used to making mistakes and having no consequences I used to practice on my trainer and then go to my bench made and seriously mess up my hand it wasn't until I manned up and used a live blade that I learned not to make the same mistakes via nicks and cuts and it has made me a lot better of a balisong flipper. It honestly hurts you in the end, be carful.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I feel like the small fly was too different of a design for me and didn't flip quite well for my tastes, it gets getting used to. Yeah the bare minimum I would go would be bear ops 70-100 dollars, the ones under that aren't worth anyone's time and there so cheap the blade could fly off and not good. Also Already told about bladehq by far my favorite site too.

my favorite blade is quite strange, its a karambit butterfly knife. ( mantis deja blu) i own one, even though they are illegal in norway. ( if you have a lot of praktice you can open it with one hand. ( and quite fast too)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

my favorite blade is quite strange, its a karambit butterfly knife. ( mantis deja blu) i own one, even though they are illegal in norway. ( if you have a lot of praktice you can open it with one hand. ( and quite fast too)

I've seen one before, they look cool but sadly you can't do any serious tricks with them, they do look sweet though.

Since when is that called a balisong and not a butterfly knife?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs