So this class in high school is looking stupid.

TheGeeker

Ok. Just started high school today and I have a class called computer tech. I get to learn about the windows operating system, how to make folders, use the network, use the internet, and also use google drive effectively. I know that some people will not know any of this but we NEED a class more advanced than this. Please help me not be bored. :(

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Please help me not be bored. :(

Make an internet explorer icon that shuts down the computer. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Lol. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Its kinda sad I am sure it would happen ALOT

code during class to show off?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

My friend goes to the local public school and is in Computer tech as well he said the class sucks but apparently you learn more complex things soon ..

Luckilly for me, my private school only offers Computer science in 10th grade, so i can skip this bull

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

probably because you just started high school, freshman take dumb classes like that.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

I kid you not, my school (in reno nevada) has a computer tech class and we are learning MOTHERFRIGGIN TYPING.

My teacher is a great and funny guy but he said that college is now making typing a mandatory class for everyone. I somehow dont believe that. 

Ok. Just started high school today and I have a class called computer tech. I get to learn about the windows operating system, how to make folders, use the network, use the internet, and also use google drive effectively. I know that some people will not know any of this but we NEED a class more advanced than this. Please help me not be bored. :(

Its the first day. You should get into some more advanced stuff. Day one is always the basics. Ask your teacher about future classes and what you will be doing.

Blarg

There is usually a secondary class that you can take after finishing that class. Ask if they have it. It involves more hardware related stuff/troubleshooting pcs. 

Install McAfee on all the computers and watch them lag on Solitaire. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I'm taking a Network Security Bachelors Degree program, and I had to take that class. (oh, and I'm $40k in debt from it).

Cry me a river :P

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its the first day. You should get into some more advanced stuff. Day one is always the basics. Ask your teacher about future classes and what you will be doing.

This was his answer to what we would be doing. Not what we did today. 

My teacher is a great and funny guy but he said that college is now making typing a mandatory class for everyone. I somehow dont believe that. 

*sniff sniff*

Whats this? Kinda smells like... bullshit.

post-128204-0-27897100-1441165222.jpg

AP Comp Sci bro

This class is mandatory for my school's "tech" program. Its real tech in coming years but this guys... WTf

Oh God. We're learning C++ as of now.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I have seen people on the internet. It makes sense.

This was his answer to what we would be doing. Not what we did today.

zCpoeur.gif

Blarg

This class is mandatory for my school's "tech" program. Its real tech in coming years but this guys... WTf

Oh we have a separate engineering pathway (intro, principles, aerospace, and design & development) along with AP comp sci. But no IT sort of pathway.

System: Thinkpad T460

Well Im 16 and I last year i was learning how to use word, excel etc. Now, I'm learning what is the internet and what types of LAN, WAN there are etc. really boring stuff  :(

I kid you not, my school (in reno nevada) has a computer tech class and we are learning MOTHERFRIGGIN TYPING.

i did that in 4th grade, get on my typing level (where i only use 5 out of the 10 fingers on than the recommended amount) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.