i3 Skylake on September 1st? Who is planning on getting one?

sounds pointless IHMO

Why so?

And @ OP, I dont plan on getting one, obviously ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Im running my rig till it dies

sounds pointless IHMO

Maybe not for a new build. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it's like you say.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

@Swndlr I don't blame you. I am doing a fresh build so I can wait to see. i know the term "future proof" is taboo here but for a fresh build might as well get the latest and greatest. Just don't want to spend $240 for the latest. 

sounds pointless IHMO

It would be great for people who plan on using the Integrated graphics!

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I will get it for my friend for xmas.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

@Swndlr I don't blame you. I am doing a fresh build so I can wait to see. i know the term "future proof" is taboo here but for a fresh build might as well get the latest and greatest. Just don't want to spend $240 for the latest. 

You will be better off anyway, at least if youre going Skylake you can get the DDR4 and other new stuff now and down the line when DDR4 is the main, you wont have to worry about getting it :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I don't plan on getting one.

I don't see the point of a low budget CPU that the ram that costs $120 and Motherboard cost $250!

It would be great for people who plan on using the Integrated graphics!

need a skylake pentium. that would destroy APUs. for 50-60$, amd would be dead in the water. 

I think I can wait two days to see if this is true. 

I have a Haswell Refresh i3 and like most people who are using i3s from Sandy Bridge up (because of the type of consumer they're aimed for) I see no reason to upgrade for at least 4 years...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I don't plan on getting one.

I don't see the point of a low budget CPU that the ram that costs $120 and Motherboard cost $250!

I get that but DDR4 is almost the same now as DDR3 and I have found a good amount of MB under $120. The prices are dropping. 

need a skylake pentium. that would destroy APUs. for 50-60$, amd would be dead in the water. 

It's not like they will put Iris Pro graphics on low end CPUs.....

I get that but DDR4 is almost the same now as DDR3 and I have found a good amount of MB under $120. The prices are dropping. 

Not in Australia.

Cheapest LGA 1151 Motherboard $199 (Z97 $150)

Cheapest DDR4 2x8GB $99 (DDR3 $75)

I bet it's going to release at $140-$150, in which case you might as well go up to $176 and get an i5-4460 and H97 instead of H170 or Z710.

Nope because they dont realy make much sense to me personaly.

The only chips i´m interessting in to see, are the skylake Xeon E3´s

And if intel gives those Xeon´s an unlocked B-clock or not.

Would be awesome :D

Man you are a good friend!

Well she is too soooooo :)

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I'm pretty sure a 4790k is better

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

In my opinion I don't think i7-6700k is much more better than 4790k or 5960k.I think the situation will be same in i3 skylake.So I will wait until the price is valuable to buy.

A high school student from China.

Possibly there're some wrong words or grammars.