r9 290x vs gtx690 ?

wlaro

Probably the r9 290x, I'm not entirely sure of it though. Will be looking for benchmarks to see if my guess is right.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The best in being what? A space heater?  :lol:

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

"fairly recent high end single GPU card" VS "getting a bit aged dual GPU card"

they're both totally different cards, for totally different purposes.

290X will get some more fps I think..

But you also have 2GB more usable vram and no SLI problems

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The best in being what? A space heater?  :lol:

^^ lol

I'd select 290x though.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

It's more accurate to ask what card is best because the GTX 690 is a dual GPU card. The 690 has only 2GB of VRAM effectively which may limit you in games. 290X gets my vote.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

290x

The 690 has 2gb and you suffer from sli

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

The 690 will be a bit faster in games that support sli, but the 2gb of vram will bottleneck it hard at anything over 1080p. The 290x is by far the best option

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My friend has the GTX 690, and he can tell you that the SLI drivers are a hit and miss on Windows 10. He couldn't play BF4 for more than 5-10 minutes before it crashed. I could tell it was the SLI because when I SLI'd my 760s it did the same thing. I would get the 290X.

Get the 290x.

the 690 is around the same performance as my old dual 760's, both of which are significantly faster than a 290x, but the vram will bite you in the ass in anything over 1080p, and sli scaling can be an issue in newer games/ bad ports.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd