"Anonymous" DDOS attacked largest internet provider of the Netherlands!

HarmFull

One of the largest Internet Providers in the Netherlands (Ziggo) has sufferd two DDOS attacks over the last two days on their DNS servers.

Ziggo recently fused with UPC (both part of Liberty Global), allegedly giving them between 45 to 50% of the market. The older Ziggo clients suffered from the attack leaving 2 million households without internet.

Though the attack is easily circumvented by manually selecting a different DNS server like openDNS or googles' DNS servers, a lot of households have been suffering.

After the second attack these videos have appeared online, allegedly saying Anonymous was behind the attack (though a true confirmation hasn't been given). The reason behind the attacks seems to be the fact that Ziggo has been increasing their prices pretty aggressively, while providing bad services, security and giving false promises to their customers!

Anonymous demands Ziggo give their customers a 25% discount for their suffering and that they contact them by email to strike a deal.

edit: they call themselves Anonymous Scruggs and consist of 46 members spread across different countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIaAOFJ3cU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiaIvDmSUxc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D0BGIZgNKI

Sources:

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/104832/ziggo-kampt-met-dns-storing-update-4.html

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/104852/ziggo-kampt-weer-met-storing.html

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/104853/ziggo-lost-tweede-storing-op-door-ddos-aanval-op-dns-servers-af-te-weren.html

ziggo twitter: https://twitter.com/ZiggoWebcare

Anonymous Scruggs twitter: https://twitter.com/AnonScruggs

Wow that's pretty bad but so is Australia's internet lol.

Aaron... The Spicy Turnip

Thats crazy. I wonder what they're going to do next. Comcast? Cox? Youtube?

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

So that's why I didn't have internet...

Wow! Anon is stepping up their game, not in terms of difficulty (although it may have been a lot more difficult), but in terms of potential targets and the resultant affect. Taking on a media company is expected, a government website is ballsy, but an ISP takes it to a whole new level. It really takes it from a very localised attack to a full scale attack affecting millions of people.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

They should see how bad Italy's internet is.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

"Anonymous demands Ziggo give their customers a 25% discount for their suffering and that they contact them by email to strike a deal."

Oh, you great anonymous, can you also DDOS my local ISP, so I can have discount????

Also, can you DDOS some of the bigger retailers, need some discounts!!

/s

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

i just changed dns server and got my internet back.

edit: i am actually quite satisfied with ziggo, when i moved to a new apartment and couldnt establish connection they sent a service man on the same day. Prices are reasonable for 40 down and 4 up (€46) and i can use their hotspots everywhere in the city(for free). The only thing i dont like is they force me to pay € 16 for cable tv i dont watch.

DDOS is so childish

You can change dns inside ubee modem to at the dhcp settings you can set 3 different dns servers.

Maybe but 2 million households without internet is still a significant amount of damage. Especially if it becomes a recurring issue.

And for some people, changing the DNS settings on their modem maybe about as feasible as changing the engine in their car. Unless they have someone on the phone with them telling them what to do, step by step (which would cost a shit load for 2 million people), it ain't going to happen.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

they started changing it them self.

Who? The ISP changing their DNS servers themselves? Well yeah they obviously would but have the put counter measures in place to insure it doesn't happen again? Or was it a band aid fix?

DDOS is so childish

You can change dns inside ubee modem to at the dhcp settings you can set 3 different dns servers.

A DDoS on a DNS server is something basic but very effective because most internet users aren't smart enough to change their own DNS settings. Basic, but effective.

Hmm, who's next? Government?

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

NEEEE ZIGGO IS SLECHT GENOEG GODVERDOMME

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Thats crazy. I wonder what they're going to do next. Comcast?

We can only hope.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

edit: i am actually quite satisfied with ziggo, when i moved to a new apartment and couldnt establish connection they sent a service man on the same day. Prices are reasonable for 40 down and 4 up (€46) and i can use their hotspots everywhere in the city(for free). The only thing i dont like is they force me to pay € 16 for cable tv i dont watch.

It's not all bad indeed with Ziggo, however it's got more to do I think with the fact that they are steadily raising the prices as well as promising to provide certain speeds (in the future) but they aren't living up to them! Forcing someone to pay €16 extra is bad service for example!

Ripperino

i5-4690k | GALAX HoF 980Ti | MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | 2xHyperX Fury 8GB @ 2133MHz | 2x240GB Kingston SSD in RAID-0 | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | NZXT H440 | Corsair H75 | Corsair RM750

Do not go gentle, into that good night.

For 49 euros you can get 100 Mbps down and 6 up in Belgium. Downside is 150GB/month cap (which is dreadful and due for an update)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

£36 for 80/20 unlimited, speed depends on distance from BT cabinet though.

Lel, Ziggo is crap anyway so Anonymous can DDoS that ISP to trash.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

For 49 euros you can get 100 Mbps down and 6 up in Belgium. Downside is 150GB/month cap (which is dreadful and due for an update)

£36 for 80/20 unlimited, speed depends on distance from BT cabinet though.

for 51E you can get fibre here 100/100 anyway where i life i get offered free ziggo 120/12 line so i thrown out my 100/100 connection to save money  :P

For 24,9 (40,9 without discount) you can have 50 Down (100 Channels and unlimited telefone)

(or 150€ for 1Gbps)

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Find these kids and hang em, gut them and eat their rotten flesh of their bones. Prob a skinny nerd ddosing.

Anonymous is become wimp.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)