Sony releasing PlayStation 4/Vita bundle for $500

Bleedman0xx

According to "a well-placed, anonymous source," the package will reportedly go on sale before the end of 2013, and will retail for around $500. No additional details were made available. With the Vita currently retailing for $250 as a standalone device, and the standard edition of the PlayStation 4 priced at $399, a $500 pack would represent a significant saving for consumers.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/news/sony-releasing-playstation-4-vita-bundle-for-500-report-6412555

Looks like Sony is really giving MS a run for their money.

This is what the vita needs it's lack of games has really limited the vita. Now with remoteplay this may change.

Lol Sony just won't stop with the vita

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

This just made the Vita something I'm getting. It was iffy at first, but now? It's at "why not?"

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think that it's a good deal but maybe Sony are going to drop the price for the vita sometime soon. I just preordered the Xbox One a couple days ago and, once I get back the money I might buy this bundle because I want the PS4 and the Vita. Also, Microsoft doesn't have a mobile gaming platform. ( If you don't count the Surface )

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Have to get vitas off the shelf somehow. Not a bad deal. Would consider if I was into that stuff.

Meh i'm not so sure because i doubt i would personally play any of the few vita games and i certainly don't think 200 is a good deal for what would basically only end up as a remote screen for me

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Meh i'm not so sure because i doubt i would personally play any of the few vita games and i certainly don't think 200 is a good deal for what would basically only end up as a remote screen for me

... 200?

PS4 without Vita is 400

PS4 bundled with Vita is 500.

... 100.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I think that it's a good deal but maybe Sony are going to drop the price for the vita sometime soon. I just preordered the Xbox One a couple days ago and, once I get back the money I might buy this bundle because I want the PS4 and the Vita. Also, Microsoft doesn't have a mobile gaming platform. ( If you don't count the Surface )

Yeah, but Sony isn't going to drop the Vita to $100.

With the Vita currently at $250, you're saving $150 if you get the bundle, so unless the Vita drops in price then goes on a sale/discount, I doubt you'd find a better price for it anywhere else.

Not bad sony....not bad.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

well Microsoft and their XBox One are even more f*cked now!

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

:lol: Results for "Vita" on Google Romania:

Captur.png

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

:lol: Results for "Vita" on Google Romania:

Captur.png

I really like the VITA on the bottom right second right :P!

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

I really like the VITA on the bottom right second right :P!

yep, a special kind of cow you've got there! LOL

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

must buy ;-;

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

This. Stop already Sony your vita sucks

Lol Sony just won't stop with the vita

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Much better value over the Xbox One's $500 pricetag. If Sony goes through with it, I know I'm getting the PS4+Vita bundle. Even $550 seems like a fair price for it currently (unless Vita gets a price cut).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

... 200?

PS4 without Vita is 400

PS4 bundled with Vita is 500.

... 100.

wow

Ok i take that back i didn't know that it was such a huge discount........

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

If I was a console guy I would definitely go for the PS4 over the XBox One as you get a Vita as well and a more powerful console for the same price.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If it's true, this is going to be a very good bundle, considering it's cheap, it has the remote thing and the Vita is a superb device (already tried it and I'm not lying, it is fantastic!)

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I have a PSVita, and it is a good device.  I disagree when people comment about how terrible of a device it is.

With that said, I think those people are perfectly within their right to say it.  I do not fault the people who make such claims without even trying the device, however.  These types of people are always going to exist.  I once again fault Sony for totally shunning their own brand.  It is Sony's fault that passers-by have such a negative attitude towards a good (though not perfect) gaming device.

I'll give a quick example of how we got to this point (of such vile, unwarranted hatred towards PSVita).  During a press conference event (I cannot recall if it was an E3 or GDC), the PSVita was all but erased from the presentation.  The reason stated according to gaming websites was that Sony said there was simply not enough time to fit PSVita in the coverage.  What happened in reality? At least 10 minutes was spent on the Eye Toy and a "book reading game".  One of the games involved using the Move controller to cast magic spells.  At one point, the pages were on fire, and the player would have to put out the flames with their hands (via Eye Toy on the TV).

I've located the video, actually.  It was during E3 2012:

So yea.  Watch the clip.  Sony rather spent time promoting this piece-of-crap game in relation to core gamers' standards than to spend time promoting the PSVita or attracting decent game developers.  Congrats Sony, you gave all the unwarranted haters something to hate about.  This is all your own doing.

We don't advocate consoles here. :D

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850