I don't care if it is a port. Steam should set a standard.

Lightning

I just saw the reviews for FF Type-0. As a diehard FF fan I actually preordered this as well as for the dota 2 hats.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1477531776577618371/A6F4F358118D63742CD8C9781AFD3275AB743DBB/

Making me lose faith here.

Also, 30 FPS lock?

Have they learned from other gaming companies? What the fuck.

Look I know. Don't preorder etc. But this is a full fledged game, "ported" over to the PS4. Isn't it easier for them to port higher quality games over due to similar architectures? 

I am done preordering. It's not going to happen again, even if it is square enix.

Image reminds me of Saints Row 4 with the simulation idea.(things randomly pixelating)

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I think personally, steam does need a standard.

Most games are ports anyways.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I just saw the reviews for FF Type-0. As a diehard FF fan I actually preordered this as well as for the dota 2 hats.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1477531776577618371/A6F4F358118D63742CD8C9781AFD3275AB743DBB/

Also, 30 FPS lock?

Look I know. Don't preorder etc. But this is a full fledged game, "ported" over to the PS4. Isn't it easier for them to port higher quality games over due to similar architectures? 

I am done preordering. It's not going to happen again, even if it is square enix.

I was done preordering in general. I can't believe you expected more.

If you aren't pleased with it, request a refund.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Higher standards = less games = less sales = lower profits = steam loses out = not happening

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Heh, paid cheap money,preordered, downloaded, playing the game. It does what it does and I'm satisfied with the game.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

If you aren't pleased with it, request a refund.

Naw game companies NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE A GAME COMPANY. No more bullshit like 30FPS  " But it cinematic " more like  " Oh these PC guys will purchase anything that has a port lets just do it as shitty as possible so we can earn the big bucks"

Tell me why is it that MODDERS have to fix every little damn thing for us huh? Its a damn shame when modders help solve solutions then HUGE COMPANIES that created the game.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Naw game companies NEED TO LEARN HOW TO BE A GAME COMPANY. No more bullshit like 30FPS  " But it cinematic " more like  " Oh these PC guys will purchase anything that has a port lets just do it as shitty as possible so we can earn the big bucks"

Tell me why is it that MODDERS have to fix every little damn thing for us huh? Its a damn shame when modders help solve solutions then HUGE COMPANIES that created the game.

I'm confused...why exactly are you telling me this?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm confused...why exactly are you telling me this?

you said this.

"If you aren't pleased with it, request a refund."

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I'll just leave this here.

STOP. PREORDERING. GAMES.

PERIOD.

Higher standards = less games = less sales = lower profits = steam loses out = not happening

As long as people continue to preorder, or otherwise buy shitty games at launch.

Wait a while for the steam sale, FFS you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain (a cheaper purchase).

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

you said this.

"If you aren't pleased with it, request a refund."

Okay? Why did my post justify your reply though? I never argued what developers or companies should be doing or should not be doing, only that the OP should request a refund if s/he isn't pleased.

~snip~

Actually Blizzard *generally* is the exception to pre-ordering while I do think it's sort of dumb to pay for something that hasn't came out yet, I'd consider pre-ordering WoW:Legion if there was a collectors edition that was worth it and if I could afford it. (Which the secondary is most likely not going to be the case, also Mist of Pandaria had a pretty cool collectors edition though I stopped playing before Cataclysm came back to Warlords of Draenor)... 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

They are being game companies. The value money first. Its capped on PS4 and they did the easiest port possible. They dont care if the PC crowd doesnt like it because enough fans will buy it anyway not play it very much and go back to the PS4 where they like it so much. Its nearly just free money. How exactly arent they acting like a company?

They only care about the money, the only way to grab their attention is to refund the game. If enough people refund the game they will see their loss in profits and they will start giving us good games or stop selling on PC.

Telling bad jokes since 1996

Intel i5 3470/ Asus P8B75-V / 8GB 1333mhz cheap ass Kingston Ram  / XFX R9 390 / WD Caviar Blue 1TB / Crucial MX 100 256GB / Antec EA650W / Samsung SyncMaster P2370 / Steelseries Apex [RAW] / Logitech G400s / NZXT Phantom White / Moto G 2015 8GB

If a lot of people request refunds, I think that sends enough of a message to the devs and publishers that PC gamers are no longer bending over.

They have been doing shoddy ports for years exactly because they KNEW that getting refunded on PC was not exactly possible.

Even if you buy a physical copy, there's either a label or you are told outright "no refunds once open".

Steam refunds changes all that and hopefully the landscape will also change for the better in the future.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I'll just leave this here.

STOP. PREORDERING. GAMES.

PERIOD.

As long as people continue to preorder, or otherwise buy shitty games at launch.

Wait a while for the steam sale, FFS you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain (a cheaper purchase).

Lmao, It's amazing how many people follow this idiot.

He goes on about video game morals, how he hates pre orders and not to support early access.

And yet makes a video playing killing floor 2 in early access with the devs.

Everything this guy says is a joke frankly, and he only says it to please his followers.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Everything this guy says is a joke frankly, and he only says it to please his followers.

He also told his audience that was happening, just as he tells people when stuff he does is sponsored

his recent video of Volume, he explained that he is friends with Mike Bithell so that anything he says should be interpreted as "potentially" bias

He is not necessarily against early access, just when early access is used as an excuse for unfinished games to be released

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Also, 30 FPS lock?

1) Request a refund from Steam.

2) No offence but your reason for pre-ordering this game in the first place was not a good one.

3) I agree that Steam should have higher standards. Sadly that's just not the reality right now, so we as consumers need to bare at least some responsibility by not supporting (pre-ordering/purchasing/defending etc.) games that are sub-standard.

Lmao, It's amazing how many people follow this idiot.

He goes on about video game morals, how he hates pre orders and not to support early access.

You know who makes great videos? BDobbinsFTW. He seems all doom and gloom but if you manage to finish most of his videos you realize that he isn't bashing on games because he hates them. He's doing it because he loves them and wants to see them grow and be awesome.

He also told his audience that was happening, just as he tells people when stuff he does is sponsored

his recent video of Volume, he explained that he is friends with Mike Bithell so that anything he says should be interpreted as "potentially" bias

He is not necessarily against early access, just when early access is used as an excuse for unfinished games to be released

I'm sorry but I just don't like him. Maybe I don't like him though because of how he manages to get such a strange cult following of total dickspits everywhere.

Everywhere you go, people ask, do you think I should do this or what do you think about this? And the reply? Well total biscuit say this so no.

It's a joke, are people not grown up enough to know how to spend there money? God help them when it comes to buying a house and getting a mortgage etc.

I wonder if he has a video on the correct way to masturbate, I wouldn't be surprised.

I just feel that if you are in the situation where you need to turn to a stranger on the internet to find out weather you should pre order a game or get a game that's in early access or anything else to do with your money.....then you have some serious problems and will probably fail really bad some time later in life

I probably don't have to say this but obviously I don't mean you when I say "you" lol.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I'm sorry but I just don't like him. Maybe I don't like him though because of how he manages to get such a strange cult following of total dickspits everywhere.

Everywhere you go, people ask, do you think I should do this or what do you think about this? And the reply? Well total biscuit say this so no.

It's a joke, are people not grown up enough to know how to spend there money? God help them when it comes to buying a house and getting a mortgage etc.

I wonder if he has a video on the correct way to masturbate, I wouldn't be surprised.

I just feel that if you are in the situation where you need to turn to a stranger on the internet to find out weather you should pre order a game or get a game that's in early access or anything else to do with your money.....then you have some serious problems and will probably fail really bad some time later in life

I probably don't have to say this but obviously I don't mean you when I say "you" lol.

Is this a serious post?

SNIP

I am pretty speechless...

Is this a serious post?

Apparently

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I am pretty speechless...

Apparently

Why, I think I make a good point. You don't think it's sad that people are clueless on how to spend there money and turn to a stranger on how to do it?

Edit, let me guess, you two are part of the total biscuit mob, though show not offend the lord biscuit :P

Edit 2 It wasn't a uber serious post but rather an reaction to how people just blindly follow this guy and seem to think that everything he does is the right way to do it.

I like his port reports and WTF IS series, but everything else is just ranting on about what you should do with your money.

Why, I think I make a good point. You don't think it's sad that people are clueless on how to spend there money and turn to a stranger on how to do it?

Edit, let me guess, you two are part of the total biscuit mob, though show not offend the lord biscuit :P

Edit 2 It wasn't a uber serious post but rather an reaction to how people just blindly follow this guy and seem to think that everything he does is the right way to do it.

I like his port reports and WTF IS series, but everything else is just ranting on about what you should do with your money.

If nobody is taught and told, how do you expect people to ever learn

I have watched TB for a long time, I dont 100% always agree with his viewpoint but it would be weird if I did, I will admit I have used his examples and shared his videos to backup a point i was making

honestly, there are youtubers happy to suck the dick of companies to get review copies and sell themselves to make a quick buck, accept sponsorship bribes and free equiptment, be taken for free to shows and all of that

Honestly TB is one of the few that stand up to bullshit, hes not perfect, nobody is, but there are SO many sell outs on YouTube, so many people that will happily sit and play a game when the right thing to do is boycott it etc just because it gets them extra views and more money

he also has to eat so he is not above taking a paid gig, but he is frank about it, and is honest when he does

Its a bit like Linus being 100% impartial.. but he is sponsored by companies... can you 100% trust him? no but I do trust Linus because i value his opinion and expertise, and I will happily be like "oh Linus recommends that product, it must be good" - even though he might even be sponsored by that company

I like to think that people in TB /Linus or anyone elses position are able to take sponsorships but still remain honest and impartial - such as when Linus rips a sponsored review to pieces, and is like "actually this is shit" - I have seen TB to the same