Fury Memory (HBM) reaches 1GHz on LN2

Damn, AMD finally managed to get something right xD (At least somewhat, the card still looks pretty crap lol)

sure the gtx 980 ti is slightly faster but its not crap by any measure of the word and plus it comes with an liquid cooler at the same price as a gtx 980 ti 

3Dmark Fire Strike Extreme?

I found it (and assumed so before I found it), but that still should have been stated from the start.

I found it (and assumed so before I found it), but that still should have been stated from the start.

You did not see this? It was in the first post...

10k.png

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

You did not see this? It was in the first post...

This board has a weird thread layout, which confused me. Also, my internet is... well...

m6Yjpg5.png

So, things don't always load properly the first time around.

My theory about this gpu is that the r9 nano was meant to be the "390x" and would compete with the 980 in performance and efficiency. But when the titan x was launched they realised the r9 nano will not be able to keep up. So overlclocked the shit out of it. After doing so, it used 300 watts of power. So they added liquid cooling to lower power consumption of the card. And the cut down fiji was meant to be the "390" and would use less power than the nano and compete with the 970, leaving the "380" to be a rebranded tonga gpu, and the "370" the rebranded "270" etc. But because the 980 ti launched they had to overlock it

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

So they added liquid cooling to lower power consumption of the card.

Eh,how does adding a liquid cooler lower the power consumption?

A stripped down car weighing next to nothing with a V8 making over 1,000 horsepowers also goes fast, but it's impractical in real world usage all the same. After the initial "Oooh, ahhh" wears off, it's not that exciting.

Eh,how does adding a liquid cooler lower the power consumption?

Lowers power leakage of the chip. As temps increase more power is wasted so more is needed, keeping it cool lowers the power consimption 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Lowers power leakage of the chip. As temps increase more power is wasted so more is needed, keeping it cool lowers the power consimption

No increase in Temps would not require more power. Power leakage of a chip is mostly decided by its ASIC quality. So by your point of view, ln2 cooling would lower the power consumption, but in reality, more power is fed to it.

No increase in Temps would not require more power. Power leakage of a chip is mostly decided by its ASIC quality. So by your point of view, ln2 cooling would lower the power consumption, but in reality, more power is fed to it.

ln2 cooling does decreade leakage, but people use ln2 for extreme overclocking so there are other factors. Ln2 at stock would use less power than air cooling watch this 

Edited by marldorthegreat

sure the gtx 980 ti is slightly faster but its not crap by any measure of the word and plus it comes with an liquid cooler at the same price as a gtx 980 ti 

I didn't say the fury cards were crap, I said that they look like crap. (The reference ones at least..)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W