low end graphics card demand in decline

zMeul

Actually I would take a pentium and a low eng graphics card over an APU.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I always suspected this would be the case in the end,  I have yet to meet someone who has purchased a GPU below mid level and actually not regretted it.

Notice me please.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I always suspected this would be the case in the end,  I have yet to meet someone who has purchased a GPU below mid level and actually not regretted it.

I actually need a very low end graphics card GPU for my dad's PC to connect to his brand new TV via HDMI

When my brother got his new computer, it came with a 3.8GHz AMD FX processor (I don't know the model, but it was a somewhat recent quad core processor) and an absolute joke of a graphics card. Want to know what graphics card it came with? The Radeon R5 230. The 8 year old GPU that was installed in his old computer literally outperformed it in every game he played. Ever since he upgraded to a GTX 750Ti (and even more recently a GTX 970), I got a hold of that Radeon R5 230, and put it in my HP Compaq Pentium 4 machine (because I'm weird that way). Turns out that card is a great fit for Pentium 4 systems. I can actually play Skyrim on that computer, as long as I keep my expectations low (I mean almost completely lowest graphics settings). Mass Effect 2 is even more playable on it.

Oh damn, I think I still have  an HP Compaq P4 lying around here somewhere. It has a geforce 4 series GPU though, not attempting anything on that.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

Notice me please.

Are you feeling inferior today?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I actually need a very low end graphics card GPU for my dad's PC to connect to his brand new TV via HDMI

Do you think that would be enough to keep the low end market afloat?  It certainly would be a cheaper option than upgrading the whole computer, I just don't see that much demand.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Do you think that would be enough to keep the low end market afloat?  It certainly would be a cheaper option than upgrading the whole computer, I just don't that much demand.

*cough* integrated graphics *cough*

*cough* integrated graphics *cough*

I don't know when mobos started having HDMI as a standard though.  I figure there are many pc's without HDMI thus requiring either a new mobo (and then most likely processor etc) or just a $30 GPU. 

I don't know when mobos started having HDMI as a standard though.  I figure there are many pc's without HDMI thus requiring either a new mobo (and then most likely processor etc) or just a $30 GPU. 

My mobo does and it's not exactly new, it was from Sandy Bridge's time.

If that's the case then that further reduces the usefulness of cheap GPU's,  unless someone want to run multiple monitors and doesn't game that is.

If that's the case then that further reduces the usefulness of cheap GPU's,  unless someone want to run multiple monitors and doesn't game that is.

Even then, low end GPUs are pretty bad are running multiple monitors.

Linus did a rant on his channel about how silly low-end graphics cards were. For the most part on-board graphics cards are just as capable, if not slightly more so, than low-end discrete graphics. You would be better off either saving the money by not buying a graphics card, buy a better CPU with a better on-board graphics, or spend a little more for a vastly better mid-end graphics card.

Are you feeling inferior today?

I meant that I bought a low end GPU and no regret because it's great for me.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

When the r9 series are so cheap and APUs being OP Im not surprised.  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

I meant that I bought a low end GPU and no regret because it's great for me.

In that case;  I know of one person who bought a low end GPU and hasn't regretted it. 

Do you use it for gaming? 

In that case;  I know of one person who bought a low end GPU and hasn't regretted it. 

Do you use it for gaming?

Yeah I do but I only play CSGO ( source game ).

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Mine's a Snady Bridge mobo too, and it has HDMI.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

I agree. It's becoming more about price to performance. If you go out and buy an $80 GPU that can't run hardly any games, just save up and spend $130-150 and the middle of the road GPU blows the other one out of the water. No reason to buy such crap. The only reason to buy something like that is if you have no iGPU. My mobo doesn't have the built in VGA/HDMI even though it's a deluxe Asus because they were a new thing when it came out and I knew I wouldn't want to ever use a iGPU anyhow.

Even then, low end GPUs are pretty bad are running multiple monitors.

I don't understand.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Okay.

-_- can you explain ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

My post was pretty self explanatory.

Even then, low end GPUs are pretty bad are running multiple monitors

What do you mean by "bad are running multiple monitors" ? do you mean the GPU isn't good enough ? or like it's bad cause they can run multiple monitors ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ