low end graphics card demand in decline

zMeul

What do you mean by "bad are running multiple monitors" ? do you mean the GPU isn't good enough ? or like it's bad cause they can run multiple monitors ?

Why would I say they're bad "because they can run multiple monitors?

They are bad at running multiple monitors because the performance of them is bad.

Why would I say they're bad "because they can run multiple monitors?

Yeah that was stupid, just forget that if you can.

They are bad at running multiple monitors because the performance of them is bad.

But how is the performance bad ? i mean it isn't for gaming and GPU intensive tasks.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But how is the performance bad ? i mean it isn't for gaming and GPU intensive tasks.

Ever used say 3 monitors with a low end card? The stutters and lag dragging a window around or doing something will drive you mad. Just because it isn't rendering a 3D scene doesn't mean you aren't stressing the card by rendering a massive amount of pixels.

Ever used say 3 monitors with a low end card? The stutters and lag dragging a window around or doing something will drive you mad. Just because it isn't rendering a 3D scene doesn't mean you aren't stressing the card by rendering a massive amount of pixels.

Actually two was my max and I've seen people running multiple displays with Intel iGPUs and with the surface and they didn't complain so I thought it was okay, so this is a first and I will keep that in mind.

And what GPU was it ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Actually two was my max and I've seen people running multiple displays with Intel iGPUs and with the surface and they didn't complain so I thought it was okay, so this is a first and I will keep that in mind.

And what GPU was it ?

7xxx series equivalent of whatever the R5 240 is. Didn't work flawlessly like I hoped.

7xxx series equivalent of whatever the R5 240 is. Didn't work flawlessly like I hoped.

Can't imagine the frustration.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Can't imagine the frustration.

Wasn't really frustration, but more of disappointment that it would stutter.

For me low end cards are for my HTPC with very old and low end hardware.

My 6 years old PC mobo only supports DVI and VGA, bought a 20 dollar card with HDMI ports, problem solved.

Other than that I couldn't find any use for low end cards considering how good iGPUs are nowadays, I have a 4460 which can play games like Dota and CS:GO no problem, though I would not expect it to play anything with higher requirements, which, also cannot be expected from low end cards.

Hmmmm, I kind of want to bench my 8800gt now.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Low end cards don't make sense anymore given the rise of iGPUs that pack serious heat AND the fact that low end GPUs don't have low end prices to match - going to a mid range card offers far more bang for your buck that having a low end card, unless you score a nasty good SLI/XFire deal, makes no sense. 

Denver? You mean the smartphone ARM chip that isn't even out yet? We have no idea how useful that thing is, but it is highly unlikely to beat the snot out of anything x86 based. Even so, by then AMD has Zen cores and newer iterations of those, so NVidia hardly has anything competitive on the CPU side.

Not exactly an expert on American law, but usually such IP rights are sold off on behalf of the creditors, however if there is only one creditor, they can get the IP rights directly. A shareholder holds a share of the company. A share is ownership, including all passives and actives of the company: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock

In case of certain IP, that can result in monopolies, I'm sure the FTC has certain powers though. But that does not change the fact that share holders partly owns the companies they hold stock in, including IP (unless personally owned).

The Shield Tablet already uses it, and it benchmarks higher than any cell phone or tablet chip apart from the 3-core A8X. It certainly does beat the snot out of many things x86, because neither AMD nor Intel have yet been able to make x86 scale down well, just as no one's been able to make ARM scale up beyond the tablet space. Add 2 more cores, a process shrink, a modest clock boost, and an architecture revision, and you have the equivalent of a 2600K at stock speeds in a 15W form factor, leagues ahead of what AMD provides now.

I'm sorry but that's not the way investment works in the U.S.. There's no effective way of splitting up IP among the investors in an arbitrary way. It always goes back to the FTC and U.S. Patent office to be sold to the highest bidders without the investors getting a choice in who gets the final purchase, only a cut of the money assuming there is any left after debts are paid. And AMD has multiple creditors, including Intel who holds half the debt of the ATI buyout, a collaborative deal since JP Morgan didn't want to assume the total risk. There's a reason the entire industry said AMD made a stupid mistake in that purchase. ATI was financially toxic on its own, and to lose controlling interest of GloFo in the process was its own unmitigated disaster.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

No surprise igpu's can run just as fast if not faster and you can get something like a GTX750TI for really cheap and it will run all the latest games without a problem.
And used old GPU's are also a better option you can get 560Ti or 570 for dirt cheap now and it will still play modern games easily.

RTX2070OC