Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

Are we supose to get unique key for windows 10 or generic one, because so far i see everyone got generic key.

The generic key depends on which edition you have standard home or pro etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3dfda8/build_10240_did_you_get_assigned_a_licenseproduct/

I especialy wonder if some one who managed to upgrade via normal method via windows update got a unique key or generic key

I got a generic key on my laptop, but it also has one on my desktop but it didn't activate :(

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

About to finally jump ship - See y'all on the other side :D

attachicon.gifScreenshot (66).png

mine still says we will notify you!

So people should not install using media creation tool it doesn't properly upgrade using your key and doesn't activate either.

I used it. Seemed that I was able to download everything, but Windows Update was just not installing? I did the media creation tool, pressed upgrade and in 15 mins I was all done. Everything updated right away, only had to restart for the video drivers to work (nVidia btw) and everything is perfect so far. 

Anyone notice that with NVidia settings Physix selection won't change from CPU? Everytime I select Auto and hit Apply it reverts back to CPU.

CPU:i7 5930k @4.5 Mobo:x99 Deluxe RAM:32gb Corsair @2800 GPU: SLI EVGA Titan X Case: Corsair 900D Storage: 6x 4TB Seagate SSHD(raid5), 2x500gb Samsung 850 Evo Raid0 PSU: Corsair ax1500i Audio: Asus Essence STX

how long will it take to download?

Depends on how fast your internet is and the load on the servers its being downloaded from. 

Basically not able to give you a time.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

i cant even get the upgrade reservation icon again it started i reserved again and then it dissapeared i tried running some fixes by miscrosoft but no luck oh well, all updates installed but still wont work

i cant even get the upgrade reservation icon again it started i reserved again and then it dissapeared i tried running some fixes by miscrosoft but no luck oh well, all updates installed but still wont work

Upgrade it from the website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Again guys, if you are forcing your upgrade, expect to have issues.

Also, check for driver updates daily... AMD, Nvidia, Intel are all heavy at work in releasing proper drivers. Once those are out, expect to start working on optimization.

Also, check for driver updates daily... AMD, Nvidia, Intel are all heavy at work in releasing proper drivers. Once those are out, expect to start working on optimization.

Yeah better wait.

It should work tough with win update and .iso/mediatool upgrade path(no clean install for the 1st time), it worked for me but the windows doesnt activate which is strange.

At least thats what it says.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-upgrade-from-previous-versions-of-windows/31722b30-1da9-42bb-b331-0edc4649bf43

Just change em if you don't like it, heck I still use sounds from Win3.11 and 95!

ofcourse I did lol! I changed them back to windows 8 because in retrospect this is basically (not completely) a reskin of windows 8 anyway. I like the new sounds for the popup balloons but for the other things its just meh...

Taran should run for president!

AMD has released 15.7.1 for Windows 10, but the old one worked too though.

Also mini news with 25 pages, lol. Maybe upgrade it to news? Not everyday a new OS comes out :)

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Currently debating whether I want to monkey around with my region to enable Cortana on my primary system.  I be thinking about it over a cup of coffee, but probably won't worry about it much until there is a GUI'fied version like this

halo4-chief-cortana-700x393.jpg

An EPIC version of clippy!

@GoodBytes being in Montreal, are you using Cortana or enable it on any of your systems?

:EDIT: YAY 1000th post :D

Cortana in Canada (English Only) will be in the next Insider Preview of Windows 10, under the beta tag. As well as other regions.

The reason for this, is that Cortana is adapted for the region, check out this cool video that explains it all.

You can set Windows to United States, and Cortana will be enabled.

Not even crazy I would go to Windows 10 now, I'll just wait till all of you guys have tested it for me. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I don't have the "magic" folders and after a reboot, the reservation icon vanished from the taskbar

does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?!

I don't have the "magic" folders and after a reboot, the reservation icon vanished from the taskbar

does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?!

It has evaluated that based on your usage, you are no worthy enough to use Windows 10.

Oh HA HA HA HA... I'll just leave...

But seriously:

The icon will disappear if your system is not compatible. Maybe you have hardware which the manufacture said "No support for Windows 10" to Microsoft.

That would be my guess. But make sure that Windows is activated and FULLY updated (install hidden updates as well). 'cause can cause the problem that you are facing as well.

Make sure that the icon is not hidden under the notification area "Up" arrow menu.

You can also try and run it manually: C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWX.exe

Make sure that update KB3035583 is installed on your system

You can manually download is here:

- Win7 64-bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/05/windows6.1-kb3035583-x64_d6308e28c41fcbd15695343d83709ed1c4bf5812.msu

- Win8.1 64-bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/03/windows8.1-kb3035583-x64_4da62696602a9ed70ea54b477b2f309373623cf7.msu

Has anyone tried installing W10 in Bootcamp? Any driver issues? I'm too lazy to reboot into Windows atm. Trying to catch a football game tonight. ;)  GGMU

It has evaluated that based on your usage, you are no worthy enough to use Windows 10.

Oh HA HA HA HA... I'll just leave...

But seriously:

The icon will disappear if your system is not compatible. Maybe you have hardware which the manufacture said "No support for Windows 10" to Microsoft.

That would be my guess. But make sure that Windows is activated and FULLY updated (install hidden updates as well). 'cause can cause the problem that you are facing as well.

Make sure that the icon is not hidden under the notification area "Up" arrow menu.

You can also try and run it manually: C:\Windows\System32\GWX\GWX.exe

Make sure that update KB3035583 is installed on your system

You can manually download is here:

- Win7 64-bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/05/windows6.1-kb3035583-x64_d6308e28c41fcbd15695343d83709ed1c4bf5812.msu

- Win8.1 64-bit: http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/03/windows8.1-kb3035583-x64_4da62696602a9ed70ea54b477b2f309373623cf7.msu

already did all that and then some .. no dice, it just vanished

looking at MS's forums, I see many other people reporting this exact same thing

Yea I don't have the "C:\$windows.~BT" Folder, and I also have "Show hidden files" on. Any thoughts?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

already did all that and then some .. no dice, it just vanished

looking at MS's forums, I see many other people reporting this exact same thing

/me takes zMeul down the garden path.

After looking at the hardware you've listed in your profile, I'd have to say win10 is incompatible with your cooling pad ;p

Are you still running in raid zero?  could easily see windows not liking that (no idea though, didn't google around)

/me takes zMeul down the garden path.

After looking at the hardware you've listed in your profile, I'd have to say win10 in incompatible with your cooling pad ;p

Are you still running in raid zero?  could easily see windows not liking that (no idea though, didn't google around)

I'm talking about my god damn laptop: HP Pavilion 15-n000sq

and btw, yes W10 works on my main system - I have insider build already on it

Totally went wrong for me. The accounts on domain didn't work but the locals did. It's like the taskbar didn't work at all. One sign that something went wrong is that it took a very long time at the "Preparing your desktop" step. It changed to "It's taking longer than ususal but it will be ready soon"... It went though but not without problems it seems.

I had to do a clean install and now it's all good, even on the domain. Weird... 

YOU CAN NOT JUST STRAIGHT UPGRADE IF ANY PARTS OF YOUR SYSTEM ARE SHARED BETWEEN TWO INDEPENDENT DRIVES. I had my user profile on a hard drive and would not allow me to upgrade. When I chose it to not move my stuff the whole user file system got all sorts of fucked up which required me to reinstall 7 and then upgrade to 10. Other wise 10 is running as it should.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

So my Windows 10 icon disappeared and it hasn't downloaded, and almost everyone installing manually are having issues.

Guess I'm not getting Windows 10, cool.