Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

Holy fuck Windows 10 killed my computer. Not really but I'm having some serious performance issues at the moment. Computer is taking several minutes to reboot and everything keeps crashing. May have to just wipe it and start fresh.

Disk Cleanup & Defrag (if you do not have an SSD or SSHD) those should fix general system responsiveness problems after the upgrade

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Disk Cleanup & Defrag (if you do not have an SSD or SSHD) those should fix general system responsiveness problems after the upgrade

Yeah it does that.. but after like 3 restarts and windows update, NVIDIA drivers.. everything becomes smoother.

It's just temporary :D

Got it. I'll give that a go. This is the first time I've upgraded an OS without wiping the computer first so I guess I wasn't anticipating it. 

?!

The Surface Pro 1, Pro 2, Pro 3, and Surface 3 have the same experience as your and any other laptop/desktop running Windows 10.

The Surface 1 and 2 (non Pro), are the only one not getting Windows 10, because Windows RT has been pulled the plug. They'll get Windows 8.1 Update 3 (or Update 2 because Update 2 wasn't officially out as Update 2...just make manners more complicated), which will have a few Windows 10 features added to these devices. It is rumored to come with the Start Menu showed at the BUILD event last year and that what Windows Insiders used in the early builds, and not the one in Windows 10 that we have now.

Ah alright, I'll be waiting for my update then... clean install here we come.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

The lesson of this story, don't piss around trying to force things cause you're likely to just make things worse.

I'd say the real lesson here is don't upgrade your OS via windows update.

This is the first time I've upgraded an OS without wiping the computer first so I guess I wasn't anticipating it. 

Fear not, I am fairly sure that many of us will do a fresh install shortly after we're able to.  Even if the update works perfectly.  We're all just playing around with it for now (insiders aside...or as well).  It's like putting on a used pair of underwear, most of us wash our shit before we use it.

Yeah it does that.. but after like 3 restarts and windows update, NVIDIA drivers.. everything becomes smoother.

It's just temporary :D

That was it. Took a bunch of restarts. I did five and finally now it's smooth. Fallout 3 is even still working with the two hundred mods I had installed. 

Edit: 

FIFA 15 with a dozen mods works including the massive 10GB Moddingway mod

Fallout 3 with hundreds of mods works

Witcher 3 works

So far what I've tested

I'd say the real lesson here is don't upgrade your OS via windows update.

You are right... they should use Windows app store instead!

LMAO, the update to Windows 10, installed Bing as my Firefox search engine, and set Bing as the homepage.

FFS Microsoft.

Anyone want to download the Windows 10 ISO (Official) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 it comes with its own installer to be put on a USB!

And apparently you can use your original key! :D

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Every thing is working here only one thing i had to fix. Had beta nvidia

drivers for the 980 ti's when trying to install windows 10 driver would

make them fail had to use DDU to remove the old drivers said they

would even even fail to uninstall in window 10.

LMAO, the update to Windows 10, installed Bing as my Firefox search engine, and set Bing as the homepage.

FFS Microsoft.

1287666826226.png

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Anyone who upgraded from win7 notice that your serial key changed? I'm on a pirated win7 with some key I suppose is used every time someone installs this particular pirate release and I'm wondering if it will be moved over to win10 or will I get a new unique one?

The files have downloaded already and are waiting for me to get home from work so I can start installing it.

On other forum, people that tried that was unable to use their key.

I think it wants Win10 key

oh ok. Anyway if someone wants a fresh install, there you go.

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

On other forum, people that tried that was unable to use their key.

I think it wants Win10 key

i used that to force my upgrade beecause it had failed 12 times from the update

page. it gives you 2 options when you run the 64 bit version at least. Make a usb/dvd

or upgrade this pc. if you chose this pc it uses the  CD key from the current install.

Anyone who upgraded from win7 notice that your serial key changed? I'm on a pirated win7 with some key I suppose is used every time someone installs this particular pirate release and I'm wondering if it will be moved over to win10 or will I get a new unique one?

The files have downloaded already and are waiting for me to get home from work so I can start installing it.

If you're using DAZ Loader it won't work. Someone on another thread has the same problem.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/417865-windows-10-says-i-have-an-illegitimate-copy/

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

i used that to force my upgrade beecause it had failed 12 times from the update

page. it gives you 2 options when you run the 64 bit version at least. Make a usb/dvd

or upgrade this pc. if you chose this pc it uses the  CD key from the current install.

Sweet.

EDIT: I'm doing this.

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

If you're using DAZ Loader it won't work. Someone on another thread has the same problem.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/417865-windows-10-says-i-have-an-illegitimate-copy/

I'm not sure what it uses, just installed from usb and it was pre activated and genuine. I do have an unlimited supply of genuine keys from my school but then I'd first have to download win7 again and reinstall it, register the new win7 for the upgrade and then wait all over again for win10...

Everyone that has it RESERVED and windows fully updated but it has not started downloading try this;

After seeing multiple people not having the folder containing windows 10 files, I tried something myself which resulted in the folder and preload becoming downloaded.

You will need it reserved, and check for updates before this.

In a Command Prompt window as administrator, type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and if done correctly, the preload should start to download within 5 minutes.

The update starts and then error code 80240020 appears immediatly :\

"WindowsUpdate_80240020" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Here's a few things you should do after you upgrade to windows 10.

- Create an ISO/Flash image using the Win10 Download tool

- Backup your files

- Restart your PC and go to your Bios

- Set your optical drive or your USB Flashdrive as the first boot option

REINSTALL A FRESH CLEAN COPY OF WINDOWS 10!!! *You can skip the product key, it'll auto activate once you're online!  It might even be connected to your MS account!

- Let Windows update

- Reinstall your drivers, heck Win10 had my soundblaster zxr drivers by default (cool yo?)

- Run Windows Update from settings (It's not in the usual control panel)

- Restart PC

ENJOY WINDOWS 10!

Edit - There's a new NVidia driver that is NOT YET released on their website, you can only get it through Windows update.  

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

Here's a few things you should do after you upgrade to windows 10.

- Create an ISO/Flash image using the Win10 Download tool

- Backup your files

- Restart your PC and go to your Bios

- Set your optical drive or your USB Flashdrive as the first boot option

REINSTALL A FRESH CLEAN COPY OF WINDOWS 10!!! *You can skip the product key, it'll auto activate once you're online!  It might even be connected to your MS account!

- Let Windows update

- Reinstall your drivers, heck Win10 had my soundblaster zxr drivers by default (cool yo?)

- Run Windows Update from settings (It's not in the usual control panel)

- Restart PC

ENJOY WINDOWS 10!

Edit - There's a new NVidia driver that is NOT YET released on their website, you can only get it through Windows update.  

I'm honestly not that concerned, as I clean installed 8.1 yesterday and disk cleanup got pretty much everything off from 8.1 as I moved to 10... so I doubt they're many corruptions if any.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

It is on there website now!

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Speedtests

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

CPU             i5-4430S

Spoiler

Type            Server

Quotes of Fame

It is on there website now!

You sure? just checked.

Name Version Release Date CUDA Toolkit plus.gifGeForce Windows 10 Driver WHQL 353.30 June 22, 2015   Release Highlights:

Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

Game Ready

Best gaming experience for Batman: Arkham Knight, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations

plus.gifGeForce Windows 10 Driver WHQL 352.84 May 15, 2015   Release Highlights:

This driver, version 352.84, is the first WHQL-certified and latest recommended driver for all pre-release Windows 10 testing.

plus.gifGeForce Windows 10 Driver  BETA 352.63 April 29, 2015

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress