Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

it installs a W10 that's not activated, already tried

what version of window were you upgrading from i have done  30 some upgrades today all using the

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 64 bit download using the upgrade path

inside without isue just having to fix driver issue for those that has 900 series nvidia cards.

they are all activated

My upgrade icon dissaperd but win update shows that im reserved but its not ready yet. Im on win 7 pro x64

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

what version of window were you upgrading from i have done  30 some upgrades today all using the

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 64 bit download using the upgrade path

inside without isue just having to fix driver issue for those that has 900 series nvidia cards.

they are all activated

from 8.1 to W10 Home

I tried afterwards to manually activate in the setting menu but it returned an error code

reverted back to W8.1 and later found that people managed to activate it by pushing that Activate button a lot of times, or using slmgr.vbs /ato at comd line until it activated

Hooray!  Took a while after the update but Windows 10 Home now activated on my laptop.  :D

I also used Belarc Advisor to get the key.  It still shows as Windows 8.1 on the report but it's definitely different than my old Windows 8.1 key.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I reserved my copy and the folder does exist in my C drive but it only has sources in it and its not hidden, Also Windows ~WS also showed up.

I'm getting so impatient, :P Does the upgrade tool work or does it break activation?

I got mine end of last year.

I have between using under Windows 7, 8 and 10 (beta and final), no problem.

It's not that I don't believe you, I really do, but I don't believe SanDisk reason. They fucked up their firmware probably, and giving the wrong excuse.

Same Here, I have a sandisk extreme USB 3.0  64 gig stick and i tried formatting it to exFat and NTFS, neither worked. :(

where can i check my win 10 file?? i checked the folder and its only 140MB

PC Spec :

Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G  ; Motherboard : MSI B450 A-Pro MAX ; RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX White 2 x 8Gb

GPU : Sapphire RX 5500 XT 8GB Pulse ; PSU : Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, 80+Gold ; SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 250GB ; HDD 2 x WD Blue 1TB 3.5" ; Toshiba 1TB 2.5"

My windows gwx icon has disappeard and wont come back but it still sez i reserved win 10

Bump plz help. Win 7 x64 pro sp1

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

Same Here, I have a sandisk extreme USB 3.0  64 gig stick and i tried formatting it to exFat and NTFS, neither worked. :(

For UEFI system it needs to be FAT32. So you need to make a partition inside your USB flash drive, which involves making it into a non-removable drive first. The easiest solution, is to buy a 8GB flash drive. I believe all UEFI are happy with 8GB, and it is plenty for Windows setup.

Sadly UEFI doesn't support NTFS (that one I can understand, as it is Microsoft proprietary technology), not exFAT (that I don't get... it's open standard, and based on FAT32)

Code 80240020

What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.

2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".

3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

Good Luck! ;)

I'd advise everyone stay on 8.1 / 7 for a while, Windows 10 still looks and feels slightly beta-ish. Here's my mixed experiences so far:

• Edge served me well when getting driver updates (Yay to Asus for already putting up Windows 10 Drivers) Might use that browser more in the future when they've added some more functionality.
  • Firefox keeps crashing on SoundCloud; Haven't tried YouTube yet. Might be a flash-related issue. (Working in Edge, using that now)
  • Adobe CC 2014 will require a re-install as it seems to have forgotten that I have a video card.
  • Microsoft Word etc. working as usual.
  • If you use third-party eq programs, such as Equaliser APO, those won't work yet, probably will after an update though. the P.E.A.C.E. GUI for APO is absolutely rekt.
  • System definitely boots faster. Power button to seeing a mouse cursor + spinning circle in less than roughly 8 seconds (fast boot on).
  • Microsoft default audio driver seems to crap out after unplugging Headphones
  • Had to remove my RAMDisk software as it was not working properly
  • UXPatcher looks like something I don't want to be messing with yet
  • You may want to leave your computer on as Windows Update is pulling in large shipments
  • Hero wallpaper has visible graininess - probably due to my low resolution (1366x768)
  • If you use the /p65552 switch on screensavers, it still sets them as a wallpaper
  • Quick Access is now the default landing for Windows Explorer
  • If you have organized tile groups in Start Menu on Win8, have fun re-organizing them all - the structure is not carried over into Windows 10
  • Cortana looks amazing & search is very fast even with indexing disabled
  • New control panel looking good; takes a few minutes to get used to it. Some settings are still easier to access via the old control panel e.g. network settings.
  • Visual Studio 2013 loads - but is 'missing a package'
  • Interface overall does look a bit washed out but you get used to it
  • Touch keyboard icon is now a part of the notifications tray

Edit:

• Windows seems to like re-installing drivers by itself, despite manually selecting them in Device Manager
  • Licensing/activation server appears to be down - just check your 'devices' under your Microsoft profile and if your Windows 10 machine is there I think that means it is licensed

• Edge served me well when getting driver updates (Yay to Asus for already putting up Windows 10 Drivers) Might use that browser more in the future when they've added some more functionality.
  • Firefox keeps crashing on SoundCloud; Haven't tried YouTube yet. Might be a flash-related issue. (Working in Edge, using that now) Fixed
  • Adobe CC 2014 will require a re-install as it seems to have forgotten that I have a video card.
  • Microsoft Word etc. working as usual.
  • If you use third-party eq programs, such as Equaliser APO, those won't work yet, probably will after an update though. the P.E.A.C.E. GUI for APO is absolutely rekt.
  • System definitely boots faster. Power button to seeing a mouse cursor + spinning circle in less than roughly 8 seconds (fast boot on).
  • Microsoft default audio driver seems to crap out after unplugging Headphones Fixed
  • Had to remove my RAMDisk software as it was not working properly Fixed
  • UXPatcher looks like something I don't want to be messing with yet
  • You may want to leave your computer on as Windows Update is pulling in large shipments
  • Hero wallpaper has visible graininess - probably due to my low resolution (1366x768)
  • If you use the /p65552 switch on screensavers, it still sets them as a wallpaper
  • Quick Access is now the default landing for Windows Explorer  OP made a reply on how to change this - it's at the top of Folder Options
  • If you have organized tile groups in Start Menu on Win8, have fun re-organizing them all - the structure is not carried over into Windows 10
  • Cortana looks amazing & search is very fast even with indexing disabled
  • New control panel looking good; takes a few minutes to get used to it. Some settings are still easier to access via the old control panel e.g. network settings.
  • Visual Studio 2013 loads - but is 'missing a package'
  • Interface overall does look a bit washed out but you get used to it
  • Touch keyboard icon is now a part of the notifications tray

Edit:

• Windows seems to like re-installing drivers by itself, despite manually selecting them in Device Manager Fixed
  • Licensing/activation server appears to be down - just check your 'devices' under your Microsoft profile and if your Windows 10 machine is there I think that means it is licensed Fixed

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Hooray!  Took a while after the update but Windows 10 Home now activated on my laptop.  :D

I also used Belarc Advisor to get the key.  It still shows as Windows 8.1 on the report but it's definitely different than my old Windows 8.1 key.

How you find the key? Does it work if you try to activate the new key see if Windows 10 recognize it? 

My usb stick is formated in gpt i believe least i choose that option with rufus.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/ i don't see why i would need to install windows without uefi aka legacy bios mode

That is good. Yea don't run it legacy mode, else you'll have to enable CSM and basically you are emulating the old BIOS and all the advantages of UEFI are gone.

where can i check my win 10 file?? i checked the folder and its only 140MB

It's downloading, be patient. Microsoft servers are super busy.

I upgraded earlier today and it didn't delete the files on my hard drive as I wanted, so burned the .iso onto a dvd and did a reset. The reset eventually failed and corrupted the partition, so I reinstalled the OS from the dvd and my old key didn't work. Now the OS is working fine, but it keeps telling me to activate windows. What can I do since there I have no valid key?

Edit: I fixed it by finding the key with key finder program

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k @4.3 GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A RAM: Corsair XMS3 Series 8GB @1600MHz GPU: EVGA 660 ti SC Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache PSU: Corsair CX500

So I finally fixed all my issues, and it's forcing me to choose a time to upgrade and I can't choose any later than July 31st, seriously?

I just wanted to have it downloaded and ready to go and then to wait a week or so for all known issues to be well... known.

Why do so many things have stupid restrictions.

MS doesn't want too many people downloading it too early, but apparently they don't want me downloading any time after the next 48 hours either?... Fuck off

@GoodBytes

I have Windows 10 Home N, and therefore cannot playback WMA, MP4, etc. files. Any news from Microsoft to see if they'll release some sort of patch or something to download separately to add support for these files?

COMIC SANS

@GoodBytes

I have Windows 10 Home N, and therefore cannot playback WMA, MP4, etc. files. Any news from Microsoft to see if they'll release some sort of patch or something to download separately to add support for these files?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2703761 Download link near the bottom of the page

Edit: This may work on Windows 10 https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=40744 considering most of the programs I'm using are not certified for Win10 anyway

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

@GoodBytes

All I know, is that they said that they will say a DVD playback app, and will have a fee associated with it.

However, currently, those who purchased Windows 7 or 8.1 and has Media Center enabled, will get and should get the DVD app to enjoy now. (if you clean install Windows 10 however, you'll lose the app, as the app is inside Windows 10 setup, and not the app store).

My guess is that the app will be 5-10$ because they pay the DVD codec licensing. (It does open the question if they'll include Blu-ray as well (but then it will cost more).

But what you can do, is use a codec pack. Now, to be honest I didn't get the chance to try this under Windows 10 yet. But a codec pack that I recommend is Shark007. Horrible name, horrible logo, horrible website, but works, and the guy making it is active on the web site forum. The reason why I recommend it, is that it is the only codec pack (well this might have changed in the recent years, but back in Vista and Win7 days), that doesn't override Windows codecs, and follows Microsoft documentation to the letter for a problem free experience, even if you uninstall it, it won't screw up your system. 64-bit with thumbnail support exists as well.

No special player needed, it integrated with Windows Media Player 12, and Windows 8 (and should with 10 as well) video player ModernUI app/Universal apps.

http://shark007.net/win8codecs.html

All I know, is that they said that they will say a DVD playback app, and will have a fee associated with it.

However, currently, those who purchased Windows 7 or 8.1 and has Media Center enabled, will get and should get the DVD app to enjoy now. (if you clean install Windows 10 however, you'll lose the app, as the app is inside Windows 10 setup, and not the app store).

My guess is that the app will be 5-10$ because they pay the DVD codec licensing. (It does open the question if they'll include Blu-ray as well (but then it will cost more).

But what you can do, is use a codec pack. Now, to be honest I didn't get the chance to try this under Windows 10 yet. But a codec pack that I recommend is Shark007. Horrible name, horrible logo, horrible website, but works, and the guy making it is active on the web site forum. The reason why I recommend it, is that it is the only codec pack (well this might have changed in the recent years, but back in Vista and Win7 days), that doesn't override Windows codecs, and follows Microsoft documentation to the letter for a problem free experience, even if you uninstall it, it won't screw up your system. 64-bit with thumbnail support exists as well.

No special player needed, it integrated with Windows Media Player 12, and Windows 8 (and should with 10 as well) video player ModernUI app/Universal apps.

http://shark007.net/win8codecs.html

FYI I did do a fresh install.

Shark007 didn't work, neither did CCCP.

COMIC SANS

FYI I did do a fresh install.

Shark007 didn't work, neither did CCCP.

What player are you using? Assuming Shark007 is still installed, made sure you are using Windows Media Player 12 32-bit.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

What player are you using? Assuming Shark007 is still installed, made sure you are using Windows Media Player 12 32-bit.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe

It's not even on my computer... (Windows Media Player)

And I usually use MPC-HC.

COMIC SANS