Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

OK that is strange...

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

Any of you who got 10 up and running, were you able to install it using only a local account or did you have to use a MS account?

Any of you who got 10 up and running, were you able to install it using only a local account or did you have to use a MS account?

Beforehand I was able to use the Insider Preview w/o a Microsoft Account. Don't know if they've made any changes since then - I've migrated my local account to a MS account just in-case.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

Beforehand I was able to use the Insider Preview w/o a Microsoft Account. Don't know if they've made any changes since then - I've migrated my local account to a MS account just in-case.

Yeah I found some articles about how to install the preview with a local account, hopefully it will still be possible with the actual upgrade.

Here's a few things you should do after you upgrade to windows 10.

- Create an ISO/Flash image using the Win10 Download tool

- Backup your files

- Restart your PC and go to your Bios

- Set your optical drive or your USB Flashdrive as the first boot option

REINSTALL A FRESH CLEAN COPY OF WINDOWS 10!!! *You can skip the product key, it'll auto activate once you're online!  It might even be connected to your MS account!

- Let Windows update

- Reinstall your drivers, heck Win10 had my soundblaster zxr drivers by default (cool yo?)

- Run Windows Update from settings (It's not in the usual control panel)

- Restart PC

ENJOY WINDOWS 10!

Edit - There's a new NVidia driver that is NOT YET released on their website, you can only get it through Windows update.  

Why would you back up files after upgrading to Windows 10? You should back up before the upgrade.

i'm able to use local account on 1 of 3 machines running 10 atm

not to say the other 2 wont just haven't tried yet so yes you can run

with only a local user account and not a microsoft account

the one that is using local right now was using local on 8.1 before upgrade

btw

i'm able to use local account on 1 of 3 machines running 10 atm

not to say the other 2 wont just haven't tried yet so yes you can run

with only a local user account and not a microsoft account

the one that is using local right now was using local on 8.1 before upgrade

btw

Thanks for the info, since I'm upgrading from 7 that means I only have a local account and I'd like to keep it that way.

also for those having problems with window updating

geforce drivers unistall all nvidia programs then you can go here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/856761/geforce-drivers/windows-10-display-driver-feedback-thread-7-16-15-/

for the update that is in windows 10 right now that causes a failed 

install and problems trying to uninstall drivers all together.

if you are on pro you can defer the update but if you are on home  you have to

install this driver to stop having windows from installing a newer driver.

preparing instalation :D

See ya later lads!

Let's agree to disagree

Artifacting, crashes that have been recovered, crashes that makes it so it only detects one monitor so it forces me to restart my PC...

In fact, as I opened firefox to check my LTT notifications, I had a driver crash on the older 353.30 driver, but I've had a lot more on the newer 353.5x

ah im on the 62 beta driver much more stable

does anyone know what the diferance is between the preview and the final release is?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

ah im on the 62 beta driver much more stable

does anyone know what the diferance is between the preview and the final release is?

Bit more stable, UI is improved slightly (especially with non W10 optimised programs), DX12 is in it and that's all I know of. also, some icons are improved.

Bit more stable, UI is improved slightly (especially with non W10 optimised programs), DX12 is in it and that's all I know of. also, some icons are improved.

mmmmmm might make the switch to the proper version then

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

my computer are as follows..

win 8.1 pro 64bit

win 8.1 pro 32bit

win 8.1 32 bit

win 7 ultimate 64 bit

win 7 home premium 64 bit

I have downloaded for win 8.1 pro 64bit... how to use it to upgrade remaining computer...

Alright, i ma install this and fuck the long ass queue times. Also, does it automatically upgrade your previous Windows key to Windows 10 key?

I just got back from work mate. It's on 60% though. Edit 61%. Might take all day. My internet speeds aren't all that good but I think the download isn't running full speed.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

What about the completed size for the download? Mine was either really close to 6GB or just barely over 6GB when I left for work today.

I just got back from work mate. It's on 60% though. Edit 61%. Might take all day. My internet speeds aren't all that good but I think the download isn't running full speed.

I'm already done, but another question though if i'm planning to do a fresh install Windows 10 in the future which key should i use? Should i use Windows 8.1 key since i'm upgrading to Windows 10?

I have tried updating to win10 trough the tool. All it does is loops after it give the option if i want to keep my files or not! Imma go to bed! 

I'm already done, but another question though if i'm planning to do a fresh install Windows 10 in the future which key should i use? Should i use Windows 8.1 key since i'm upgrading to Windows 10?

Don't post your license key here, keep both at hand I think it'll probably be the windows 8.1 key you would probably use.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Don't post your license key here, keep both at hand I think it'll probably be the windows 8.1 key you would probably use.

Actually, that's not the license key  :D  :D  :D . That's the product ID for Microsoft support in case they ask for it to identify if you have legit Windows or not. 

Ok so guys, for those who got Windows Update failing... this is because Microsoft has evaluated that your system is not ready for Windows 10 currently, due driver issues. My Surface Pro 2 is guilty of this. I can force it, but I might have issues, including, possibly reduce battery life. (I actually know the issues as I used to have Win10 insider preview on it).

So for those who forced the install, be aware that issues you face, including performance, unable to sleep/wakeup, etc. is most likely driver related.

Actually, that's not the license key  :D  :D  :D . That's the product ID for Microsoft support in case they ask for it to identify if you have legit Windows or not. 

my bad it's 7am here and I haven't slept yet xD 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ok so guys, for those who got Windows Update failing... this is because Microsoft has evaluated that your system is not ready for Windows 10 currently, due driver issues. My Surface Pro 2 is guilty of this. I can force it, but I might have issues, including, possibly reduce battery life. (I actually know the issues as I used to have Win10 insider preview on it).

Thanks goodness i have my desktop, and my motherboard have couple of Windows 10 drivers.

No, CD Key is unique to Win10 .. you have to find a way to extract it and find a way to save it.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

No, CD Key is unique to Win10 .. you have to find a way to extract it and find a way to save it.

How? Windows 10 using your current Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key, so that's make sense.