Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

GoodBytes

You don't need the licence key anymore... When you install windows 10 (fresh) it will ask you for a key however you just skip it. Once your pc goes online it will realize your motherboards Unique id has already been activated to a windows 10 version. If that version matches the one you installed it will automatically activate! 

This is how Microsoft is doing it now.

How? Windows 10 using your current Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key, so that's make sense.

No.. it doesn't use my CD Key.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I just realised that I couldn't get the notification / reserve thing cause my computer is part of a domain... gg. 

I disjoinded the domain and downloaded the iso with the media creation tool. Finger cross that ever works fine :) 

My PC is asking what I want to save from my old install and I can't choose "everything" because it tries to upgrade to a finnish win10 and my win7 is in english. Any ideas?

How? Windows 10 using your current Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 key, so that's make sense.

To answer your question it needs to be a windows 10 key, my current windows 8.1 key doesn't work 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'm already done, but another question though if i'm planning to do a fresh install Windows 10 in the future which key should i use? Should i use Windows 8.1 key since i'm upgrading to Windows 10?

You might want to remove that image. It has your ID on it. Just in case. There is a program that will tell you your W10 activation code somewhere. https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/ I think it's this one but not sure. You will need to use the new W10 product key that it generates. Unless it just converts the key to a W10 key but stays the same. I think that is more likely though. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Ok so guys, for those who got Windows Update failing... this is because Microsoft has evaluated that your system is not ready for Windows 10 currently, due driver issues. My Surface Pro 2 is guilty of this. I can force it, but I might have issues, including, possibly reduce battery life. (I actually know the issues as I used to have Win10 insider preview on it).

So for those who forced the install, be aware that issues you face, including performance, unable to sleep/wakeup, etc. is most likely driver related.

Are you referring to these errors? Probably a good thing that I held off using the media creation tool then.

post-162296-0-93110700-1438180428_thumb.

post-162296-0-91457100-1438180430_thumb.

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

You might want to remove that image. It has your ID on it. Just in case. There is a program that will tell you your W10 activation code somewhere. https://neosmart.net/blog/2014/windows-10-embedded-product-key-tool/ I think it's this one but not sure. You will need to use the new W10 product key that it generates. Unless it just converts the key to a W10 key but stays the same. I think that is more likely though. 

Now i have to use Windows 10 key generator if i'm planning to do a fresh install Windows 10, this is bullshit i thought i'm going to have a license key and a full Windows 10. 

Idk i installed with the media creation tool but the key the win10pro has cant activate i get error 0xC004F034:

"The software licesing serviced reported that the license could not be found or was invalid." i went to online help and it says to go into store and check for a valid license but the store server crashes.

GG wp miscrosoft, or i should have waited for the taskbar small icon to tell me when to update, their server are probably broken or offline.

Now should i install win8.1 again and check for reservation again? that might not even be posible anymore.Trash upgrade process typical for MS.

Now i have to use Windows 10 key generator if i'm planning to do a fresh install Windows 10, this is bullshit i thought i'm going to have a license key and a full Windows 10. 

You do get one as far as I know it's just hidden somewhere. I think the program just finds it and gives  you it. I think it just makes it easier. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You do get one as far as I know it's just hidden somewhere. I think the program just finds it and gives  you it. I think it just makes it easier. 

Do you think this one going to work?

You don't need the licence key anymore... When you install windows 10 (fresh) it will ask you for a key however you just skip it. Once your pc goes online it will realize your motherboards Unique id has already been activated to a windows 10 version. If that version matches the one you installed it will automatically activate! 

This is how Microsoft is doing it now.

I think it goes with your MS account which you use to log-in, and of course motherboard to know if it is the same system or a different one with the same account.

I think it goes with your MS account which you use to log-in, and of course motherboard to know if it is the same system or a different one with the same account.

But if I have a retail version of W8.1 (non OEM) that I upgraded to W10, it doesn't matter what system hardware I use, does it? I could install on another computer with my Microsoft Account? (Of course after having disabled the other computers)

is there anyway that I can download windows 10 if i could not reverse a copy and not by doing a clean install?

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Are you referring to these errors? Probably a good thing that I held off using the media creation tool then.

attachicon.gifPicture1.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture2.jpg

Yes. My list is also growing on my side.

But if you open the "Get Windows 10" app, and click on "More information". It states that Microsoft is working with hardware partners to make their stuff Windows 10 ready.

I think they are trying to avoid a Vista... where people upgraded but their system was not ready (lack of specs, and more commonly among Power Users/Gamers who had the specs needed for the OS: Lack of proper drivers).

Already have the full version of 10

#InsiderMasterRace

I could have it, but nope. Windows 10 can suck my nuts right now.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yes. My list is also growing on my side.

But if you open the "Get Windows 10" app, and click on "More information". It states that Microsoft is working with hardware partners to make their stuff Windows 10 ready.

I think they are trying to avoid a Vista... where people upgraded but their system was not ready (lack of specs, and more commonly among Power Users/Gamers who had the specs needed for the OS: Lack of proper drivers).

Ah ok good at least now I know there's a reason for being locked out and not because of rollout phases or timezones.  Kinda of annoying though, brand new laptop, was hoping for no issues with the update.  Oh well guess I can stop being so impatient now that I know there's a reason :P

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Idk i installed with the media creation tool but the key the win10pro has cant activate i get error 0xC004F034:

"The software licesing serviced reported that the license could not be found or was invalid." i went to online help and it says to go into store and check for a valid license but the store server crashes.

GG wp miscrosoft, or i should have waited for the taskbar small icon to tell me when to update, their server are probably broken or offline.

Now should i install win8.1 again and check for reservation again? that might not even be posible anymore.Trash upgrade process typical for MS.

I have the same problem, though I don't see a Store button. Also used the media creation tool...

Do you think this one going to work?

Doubt it. Maybe wait, someone will come out with a tutorial soon. Try this and tell me if it works. https://neosmart.net/OemKey/ It says it's for OEM but I am not sure if it works without OEM. It should though I mean they are the same OS's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

But if I have a retail version of W8.1 (non OEM) that I upgraded to W10, it doesn't matter what system hardware I use, does it? I could install on another computer with my Microsoft Account? (Of course after having disabled the other computers)

I don't know.. it was more of a guess, what I said. Sorry for not making it more clear.

I went through the ISO route, installed it fresh on my laptop.  It won't activate even though I'm signed in to my windows account and reserved a copy on my laptop a long time ago.

I should have just waited until I got the notification it's ready to go. 

Now I gotta roll back everything.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Bah. The damn Corsair Link crap seems to be preventing me from upgrading right now because of fucking course Corsair hasn't bothered to update it. The piece of shit barely works with 8.1 without a fight.

So people should not install using media creation tool it doesn't properly upgrade using your key and doesn't activate either.

I updated Windows (by forcing it), however it would not activate, so i reverted back to Windows 7

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

About to finally jump ship - See y'all on the other side :D

post-226577-0-01146300-1438186647_thumb.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.