Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I don't think my Razer Kraken 7.1s sound bad even though its "gaming audio"

I still type mostly with my two index fingers... but I'm faster then 99% of the people I meet anyway        /shame

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

I still type mostly with my two index fingers... but I'm faster then 99% of the people I meet anyway        /shame

I type right hand with Index, Middle and ring and left hand with only index and Middle. Whats your WPM? Mines about 80-95.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

I type right hand with Index, Middle and ring and left hand with only index and Middle. Whats your WPM? Mines about 80-95.

88 in my current, lets say Inebriated, sleep deprived state, I really gotta practice an easier way but too lazy, must browse.

I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.288V                 Corsair Vengeance 12GB Cas8                          Overclocker Thug life
MSI-Gaming-7                                       Corsair Sandforce GT 120gig                             http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R2Jb6h   (Current Build)

OCZ Vertex2 60gig                               Corsair F60 60gig

7 Years ago didn't have a microphone, so I used my headphone as a mic and was shouting like an idiot "Can you hear me?" over Skype. Lol. The voice did reach but reached on a very very low volume like I was whispering. xD

Currently: Drooling over the Show off your setup! post.

7 Years ago didn't have a microphone, so I used my headphone as a mic and was shouting like an idiot "Can you hear me?" over Skype. Lol. The voice did reach but reached on a very very low volume like I was whispering. xD

I remember our Cisco teacher talking about this, sadly with Windows 7 and 8.1 it's no longer really possible.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

When buying my first computer and putting it together, the same one I have now, I snapped the mounting bracket for my cpu cooler by over tightening the bolts. It's held on by zip ties and works fine.

If everybody can get these things off their chest here at once, we'll all feel better I'm sure

My only computer ATM is a school issued chromebook. I don't feel better. I feel worse. Someone please come up behind me and put me out of my misery with a swift whack to the head with a 970. Or at least shiv me with a 240.

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

I used to like Hewlett-Packard.

Trying to install DDR2 Memory in a DDR3 motherboard.... >.>

Worked at a small computer shop near my house, called PC Laptop Tablets repair place. (nice ring, ain't it?) And I, on my first week, tried installing DDR3 memory (this was when DDR4 was still pretty new, and expensive) into a DDR4 motherboard, basically my first month of work was free.

Intel Pentium G3258, EVGA 750ti SC http://specr.me/show/658

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fL93YJ
Surrounded by Mormons

when building my current PC, I couldnt get it to boot, and for a while I couldnt figure out why.

So i took it down to my local PC shop, turns out apart from the H100 being DOA, i forgot to plug into the PSU the extra 4 pin attached to the 24 pin connector, So i couldve fried the 4690K i had in there, and the mobo potentially too.

Looking for a job

I have 3:

I was a console gamer once.

I like the color scheme of noctua fans.

I have a 10+ year old Acer monitor.

Pls forgive me.

I spent over 1500$ over the years to make my PC and i have nothing to play i feel guilty of money wasting.Except for upcoming Witcher 3 :)

This can include building, OS installation, Driver installion ETC.

Last year I was building a computer for school, was some old dell prebuilt from like 2006, anyway, after installing new ram and tearing down the entire pc and putting it back together (IT class project) I attached the ground ground to power and power to ground. Within 5 seconds of turning it on I smelt smoke and a tiny flame popped up from the motherboard. I had fried the entire motherboard and managed to light it on fire. Call me for all your PC building needs.

What was your worst  PC RELATED messup

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

i left my cpu sitting on the carpet for a few hours while building

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

dropping my FX-8350, RIP pins

my dad fixed it with his dental tools though, literally the best dad in the world :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I foolishly rushed the install of a full cover water block on my HD 2900 XT back in my early water cooling days. Missed a contact point and lost the card within minutes. I've somewhat learned from the experience. I think.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Back like 2-3 years ago, I didn't know anything about computers, and I just finished building this new gaming pc about 2 months prior; anyways, the internet was running slow so I thought that maybe if I unplugged the wireless adapter and plugged it back in, that would fix it. (While the computer was running btw)

it didn't work.....

I dropped my brand new i7 4790k, it's dead.

While still in it's plastic protector, and on carpet. It's perfectly fine, I just like scaring people.

Don't do that, I almost died.

Mines was leaving my things on the floors with my pitbull home! she tore up my GPU box, she didn't get to the GPU thank god. Though she was close.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Left a build halfway through to go out.

Then came back, finished then wondered why it didn't post.

The 6 pin connector for the CPU is kinda important.....

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Thought the USB 3.0 port on mobo was looking wierd. I took it out and pushed it HARD into the usb 3.0 slot the wrong way.

RIP USB 3.0

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

This a thing that is happening at basically every lan party, I attend with my friend. When plugging in all the cables, you can rely on him plugging the dvi cable into the motherboard instead of the graphics card. He then complains about that his pc is slow until somebody points it out to him.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

Had a second hand arc mini and went to plug in the USB3 header to my mobo (extreme4 z77 matx) only for it to not go in, getting frustrated I forced it in and then it hit me, the USB3 header had no little notch that sticks out telling you the right way to plug it in almost like it had been shaved off.

had to use rear IO for all USB's from then on which really sucked, especially with my keyboard cable being very short at the time... 

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350