Battery Rant (cussing,swears, and curses, proceed with caution)

VioDuskar

did you just tell me that the answer to my batteries dying is to carry more batteries?

Yes , yes I did ...

Edit : And we are screwed by the end of the decade on Transistors btw ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Yes , yes I did ...

naa, we'll get to 2nm, but it will take us another 10 years, not 5.

then we'll just make multi-phase transistors!

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Yes , yes I did ...

In terms of silicon transistors you are right, but we will probably get even smaller transistors using other semiconductors.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

In terms of silicon transistors you are right, but we will probably get even smaller transistors using other semiconductors.

we're already beginning to use germanium, check out that last WAN show.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

naa, we'll get to 2nm, but it will take us another 10 years, not 5.

then we'll just make multi-phase transistors!

How low can you go before breaking physics ? And how many silicon atoms are there in that 2nm gap ? 

Yup ... 

we're already beginning to use germanium, check out that last WAN show.

And some other material that I don't remember ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Seems a lot of dislike of batteries would be better directed at manufacturers (I am principally looking at you Apple). 

For instance when battery energy density is doubled do the manufacturers give us the same size devices but with twice the battery life? NO! 

They would rather give you a battery half the size so they can make their products even slimmer.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Seems a lot of dislike of batteries would be better directed at manufacturers (I am principally looking at you Apple). 

For instance when battery energy density is doubled do the manufacturers give us the same size devices but with twice the battery life? NO! 

They would rather give you a battery half the size so they can make their products even slimmer.

I am pretty sure Apple does not manufacture the batteries. They only spec the sizing and connection method to buy the batteries. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am pretty sure Apple does not manufacture the batteries. They only spec the sizing and connection method to buy the batteries. 

but they set the trend of "i want slimmer stuff" rather than "i want longer lasting stuff"

but they set the trend of "i want slimmer stuff" rather than "i want longer lasting stuff"

if you think of the fact that apple (mostly) has much smaller batteries compared to most other phones/tablets and they last just as long as those then apple is actually more on the right way then others

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I agree, but you cant say I hate battery manufacturers and talk about apple. 

The market drives all development. If people would simply make longer battery life a priority, battery life would be a priority for manufacturers; but since people still buy products like the Iphones (just an example) in huge numbers, there is no incentive for the manufacturers to fast track development. 

Edit: I was correct, Iphone 6 batteries are made by two companies, Simplo, and Desai.

http://www.cultofmac.com/287472/iphone-6-battery-issues-solved/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We're living in the present, mate. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

if you think of the fact that apple (mostly) has much smaller batteries compared to most other phones/tablets and they last just as long as those then apple is actually more on the right way then others

no, other phones that keep the same form factor have high capacity batteries. the iPhone6 has a 1810mAh battery, the oneplus one has a 3100mAh battery.

I agree, but you cant say I hate battery manufacturers and talk about apple. 

The market drives all development. If people would simply make longer battery life a priority, battery life would be a priority for manufacturers; but since people still buy products like the Iphones (just an example) in huge numbers, there is no incentive for the manufacturers to fast track development. 

i didn't mention apple.

We're living in the present, mate. 

it's gonna be the future soon MATE

i didn't mention apple.

You defended a post accusing Apple of being a bad guy in this context. Plus your post was referring to Apple...

You defended a post accusing Apple of being a bad guy in this context. Plus your post was referring to Apple...

my original post had nothing to do with apple.

@soup replied talking about apple.

no, other phones that keep the same form factor have high capacity batteries. the iPhone6 has a 1810mAh battery, the oneplus one has a 3100mAh battery.

and their batteries roughly last just as long, that shows that apple does quite a goodjob when it comes to batteries.

optimizing the applications can save battery life overall, but yeah you know how it goes with the modern industry and optimizing stuff

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

my original post had nothing to do with apple.

@soup replied talking about apple.

I am not referring to your origional post,

I was talking about the first post you replied to me:

and their batteries roughly last just as long, that shows that apple does quite a goodjob when it comes to batteries.

optimizing the applications can save battery life overall, but yeah you know how it goes with the modern industry and optimizing stuff

and do half the job.

but it is true that android, while giving more free reign, does lack in the optimization sector.

i would rather see massive batteries condensed more honestly, it doesn't matter if a phone OS is optimized or not, the issue here isn't even about phones, it's about all types of batteries, just because most people are concerned about phones doesn't mean i am.

most drones on the market have a 8-30min usage time before 1-8 hours of recharge, that's crazy.

most BT headsets last 10hours of continuous play, which is decent, but i don't want to charge it every day or two, i want to charge it every month or more.