Not here to start a flamewar but who else feels the same way?

getrekt

Who's forcing you to watch this content "aimed at 12 year olds."

ffs watch it and enjoy it or dont watch at all...

And also get rekt -

I never really know how to address these kinds of posts. I see the demographics (no we are not more heavily skewed towards 12 year olds than we ever were) and I see the viewer growth..

Not everything we make can appeal to everyone, but the good news is we make videos EVERY SINGLE DAY compared to many other tech channels that post every other day or even as little as like once per week. So think of it this way: if 1/5 of our videos appeals to you, then we're producing as much relevant content for you personally as anyone else, and we're also appealing to others who have different tastes than you do.

XM28Yhc.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I really enjoy those videos. People may have thought it would have been a good investment to put 32gb of ram in a brix because bigger numbers are always better obviously. As you can see by linus's chart there, there videos are obviously appealing because there views are at a intense amount. It is not against the law for you to just not watch a video... If they didn't make videos like that (sponsored) they wouldn't be able to afford to do expensive videos and move into a massive office. They are a company, and they do live on this planet where no matter who you are you can't love without money.

If that's content for twelve year olds, then it's a damn good time to be a twelve year old. :o

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

I like seeing these videos. Mostly because there's no way I'll have the money free to play with hardware like that, so better to watch other more interesting people play with it.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I don't see how doing product showcases of what's possible with modern technology is so called "twelve year old content".

12 year old content is seeing how many FPS an Alienware can get on Minecraft, CoD or FNaF.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

All i'm going to say is its a tech channel and they are doing tech. there is no where that they say that they are only going to appeal to people that can afford items. they are showing off current technology and what is possible, and I actually want them to branch out even more. I an super exited for their server videos because of the power and technology that is behind them. just because no one watching these videos will ever be able to do it does not mean they shouldn't. Doing things that a normal person can do is boring, over doing something is exiting and interesting. That phase change build they did, like anyone watching is going to do that, but the technology behind it is awesome. The 128gb ram video, yes they are pretty much giving them a sponsor spot but they were also testing if more ram is better, a huge topic that I hear on a daily basis. 32gb in the brix, ya no one is going to do that but they were reviewing it and showing that it can hold that much if you wanted to, they had 32gb so they put it in, so what. The multi-part series on the server? Linus is now known for multi-part series but as well, that is a lot of items to cover cus they are not just talking about the possessor, they are going over the entire server and at some times, they don't have all the parts for it. There is a lot of information they can cover and its entertainment.

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

I know I might sound like a dick but I love most of the content on LTT but I like it daily as you all put out videos daily and some days I won't watch as the videos are ridiculous! Sorry if I hurt or made you angry! Il just go!

@LinusTech keep making similar content and sorry if I ruined your day!

I never really know how to address these kinds of posts. I see the demographics (no we are not more heavily skewed towards 12 year olds than we ever were) and I see the viewer growth..

Not everything we make can appeal to everyone, but the good news is we make videos EVERY SINGLE DAY compared to many other tech channels that post every other day or even as little as like once per week. So think of it this way: if 1/5 of our videos appeals to you, then we're producing as much relevant content for you personally as anyone else, and we're also appealing to others who have different tastes than you do.

XM28Yhc.png

Sorry if I sound like a whiny person

12 year old content is seeing how many FPS an Alienware can get on Minecraft, CoD or FNaF.

292 FPS

60hz monitor

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you do not like their videos than make or find your own videos to watch then. We want something interesting and you're whining like a bitch.

The op sounds more like a 12 year old than anything. Seriously, if you dont like it, all you need to do is stop watching and find a new channel.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

The op sounds more like a 12 year old than anything. Seriously, if you dont like it, all you need to do is stop watching and find a new channel.

Kinda how I feel for people who complain that somthing offends them in a movie or tv show and they want it off of the face of the earth.

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

This thread made me see LTT content as Top Gear (UK, before Clarkson went mental). To be honest, LTT general content is boring. Really, really boring. Everybody makes same videos about new products. GPUs, some AIOs, phones, laptops. All really boring to watch. Its only when they overview something unconventional and different when I actually watch video.

Same was with TG. The basic car reviews are boring. But when they do something interesting with cars or related to them, then its actually interesting. Furthermore, same applies to tech not-reachable-to-consumers. Think of supercars. How many normal person will ever get to drive one? And still you want to see TG check it out. And how it compares to other supercars. LTT has its own supercars in tech that is way out of general consumers or even hobbyists reach. But we still want to see whats out there and why its out there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Linus Media Group is a Closed Company. Linus, being the CEO, can do whatever he wants.

Also, calm down, go some where else ig you dont like the content.

Hey OP, is Linus's channel, he wont stop making videos about stuff most of us can't afford, or as you say "for 12 year old"

post-8310-0-66004000-1437532716.gif

XM28Yhc.png

post-8310-0-22380500-1437532745.gif

post-8310-0-66004000-1437532716.gif

post-8310-0-22380500-1437532745.gif

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Zero problems with the stuff the OP has mentioned.

My problem is the ones where they tried and zip tie those coolers to those expensive xeon CPUs and then ask for financial support. Specifically when they risk throwing away thousands of dollars in components for the lulz and ask for donations. They want to do that with some old stuff, no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of strange to be on this site if you don't like Linus' videos. I love the over the top shit even if I would never buy it no matter how much money I had.

It's kind of strange to be on this site if you don't like Linus' videos. I love the over the top shit even if I would never buy it no matter how much money I had.

I agree, it is entertaining to watch.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Bugatti stop making luxury cars because it is overkill and people won't need it.

That's what you are saying.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

That seizure tho.

Anyways...

Content is daily, not all of it will be that great or appeal to you.

ZMav7vR_700wa_0.gif

I see where you are coming from though, perfectly understandable. I find it fun, not exactly the most useful videos but still fun and interesting to watch.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Because it's not meant to be practical, like those unboxing videos that he used to make, it's just to showcase extreme stuff, and gor example nobody will buy 128 gigs of ddr4 ram so he makes a video doing that just for the heck of it. Don't get me.wrong i like the "helpful" videos better, that's why i almost only watch techquickie, but i get why someone would like those kind of videos