Man Faces 6 Months in Jail For Disagreeing With Feminists on Twitter

Update: Court ruled him innocent:

Not sure if this is qualifies as news or off-topic but it's similar to other threads we've had in here before so I'll post it here.

Gregory Alan Elliott is currently being charged with criminal harassment by Steph Guthrie and Heather Reilly. A third woman was originally involved but her allegations were dropped. The case is taking place in Canada and the outcome will have a very big impact on future cases involving harassment on the Internet.

Police officer Jeff Bangild, who is in charge of the case, has stated that Elliott did not threaten nor sexually harass any of the women. What the case resolves around is a disagreement over a game where you punch a photo of <won't mention her name but you can probably figure it out>. When the game was released, Guthrie started a campaign where she posted the game creator's name online and encouraged employers to fire/not employ the game creator, saying that she wanted the game creator's "hatred on the Internet to impact his real-life experience".
Elliott disagreed with this and said the shaming campaign was "was every bit as vicious as the face-punch game". He also said that since the game's creator only had 11 follows at the time, her plan could potentially backfire and give him more attention.
After this it followed a fairly standard formula. They disagreed, started swearing and so on. However, as the police officer in charge of the case noted, there were never any threats or sexual harassment comments exchanged, just fairly standard bickering back and forth.

Guthrie's tweets are now set to private but you can still find all of Elliott's tweets on his page. Here is a link to what started the whole conversation. Someone also has a document with every tweet sent between the two and that can be found here.

Sources and further reading:

National Post

TechDirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKP_cEBt1U

It is also worth noting that this is not the first time Elliott is disagreeing with feminists on Twitter. He and his sons have been called rapists during an argument in the past. That argument was about a rape victim beheading her rapist 5 months later. Twitter user "The Lesbian Mafia" said that they should make a statue of her with his head under her arm, while Elliott disagreed and said that "killing is never right".

The responses to his tweets were things such as:

"There's no way one of @greg_a_elliott 's sons hasn't raped a girl. He breeds the type that just wont take no for an answer."

The whole conversation can be found if you follow this link.

Milo Yinnopoulos posted about this on twitter the other day, i was laughing my ass off and crying for society at the same time

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Slightly misleading, wasn't the punishment because he was basically stalking her and constantly posting her location throughout her day?  Not sure which article I read that in, so much biased info from both sides on this one.  She is still a cunt though, the video is hard to watch.

Note: I had bad info about what happened.

Edited by ChineseChef

Slightly misleading, wasn't the punishment because he was basically stalking her and constantly posting her location throughout her day?  Not sure which article I read that in, so much biased info from both sides on this one.  She is still a cunt though, the video is hard to watch.

My understanding is he disagreed with them, and broke contact with them. That was it, he forgot they existed so to speak.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Investigation =/= Charged?

He's under investigation, charges are very unlikely.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

And the woman isn't punished? #maninism

My understanding is he disagreed with them, and broke contact with them. That was it, he forgot they existed so to speak.

I thought they got in a standard internet fight, she blocked him, then he started posting all her info and straight up stalking her, after she got him fired and such.  I have heard too many different "factual" stories on this one to really know.

Wow, so having reread the actual info, it wasn't even threats on his part, just standard internet fighting.  But she did try to get him fired, just wow.

Edited by ChineseChef

Investigation =/= Charged?

He's under investigation, charges are very unlikely.

It seems to me like he is being charged. A judge has been appointed and is expected to rule on October 6.

I thought they got in a standard internet fight, she blocked him, then he started posting all her info and straight up stalking her, after she got him fired and such.  I have heard too many different "factual" stories on this one to really know.

Wow, so having reread the actual info, it wasn't even threats on his part, just standard internet fighting.  But she did try to get him fired, just wow.

She is claiming that he was stalking him and posting her information. It's hard to tell if this is true though, because apparently he had posted something along the lines of "lots of uglies at <name of some bar>" and she claims to have been there at that moment, but that's about it. I can't find that tweet anywhere though, nor any proof that she was there.

This is the Canadian law regarding it:

(1) No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in conduct referred to in subsection (2) that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them.

The second part is the important one here. She has to have enough evidence to support that claim. The claim that she under all circumstances feared for her own safety because of Elliott's tweets, and her fears must be reasonable. If she does that, she might win. Tweets including her position are valid reasons to become scared. Although the police has already said that his tweets did not include any threats, and I can't really find anything about him tweeting her location.

And they say that feminism is a progressive movement.

when its true feminism it is but when youre being over bearing youre being no better than the sexist males who think women belong in the kitchen. this is sadly an example of the bad type of feminism not the actual good type.

askdjfasdf

WE have bigger problems and were wasting time and money on this bullshit?

Wheres Freedom Of Speech?

comment withheld to avoid triggers and jail time 

eOsAcjc.gif

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

cool, now it's time to arrest every guy who called me a faggot on the internet.

If this passes, I'm gonna sue the entire COD and CS:GO community, going to drop their fanbase to 10 people. And after that I'm going to LoL and suing, the only people left playing LoL will be the dev team. :D

The feminist movement is by far the worst movement this world currently has (not counting sadist and terrorist obviously). Sadly I am completely for equality but the feminist movement is just so far beyond that, it's so far out of hand. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Feminists scare me. 

They're like a cult. That's as far left as you can get.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Feminists scare me. 

They're like a cult.

right? 

I mean in the past, I disliked them, but blew it off, disregarded it. I would never associate with people that act like that, so I thought it doesn't concern me. 

But this scares me. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The feminist movement is by far the worst movement this world has ever seen. Sadly I am completely for equality but the feminist movement is just so far beyond that, it's so far out of hand. 

I don't think they beat the nazis until they get trains and ovens for men 

muh specs 

All parts black

This is a waste of everybodys time and money. It is ridicolous that something like this is even investiged. I think that the person in charge who allowed such a investigation to happen has no idea how the internet works.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

It seems to me like he is being charged. A judge has been appointed and is expected to rule on October 6.

You'd be correct then. Can I ask where it says this?

Honestly if he does end up in court things have gotten way out of hand, the police can't arrest one half of a 2 sided argument then prosecute him despite going on record as saying it was nothing more than an internet argument.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I don't think they beat the nazis until they get trains and ovens for men 

Current movement lmao. Yes the men ovens would be terrifying. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

You'd be correct then. Can I ask where it says this?

Honestly if he does end up in court things have gotten way out of hand, the police can't arrest one half of a 2 sided argument then prosecute him despite going on record as saying it was nothing more than an internet argument.

If it really does turn it that it was just an internet argument, and no real threats were made, it will be quite ridiculous and scary that a woman can drag a man to court simply for disagreeing with her.  That the police and court systems would even entertain it after stating that no threats were made is crazy on its own.