Lizard Squad DDOSer Sentenced for 50,700 Cybercrimes, Walks Out Of Court With A Suspended Sentence

Master Disaster

There is no way that number is correct and a quick Google Search seems to indicate that it is not.

According to a study done by Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions, Finland uses the least resources and got average results in the test (out of 16 countries) which made it the most efficient public health sector in the test.

You just have to look at the data summary in this article from The Guardian to tell that it's bullshit. Look at the per capita government spending on healthcare (measured in PPP). The number in () is the % of the GDP that's spent on healthcare.

Finland - 2462 (9)

Sweden - 3047 (9.6)

Norway - 4552 (9.5)

UK - 2919 (9.6)

US - 4437 (17.9 lol what the fuck are you doing US)

Canada - 3104 (11.3)

Denmark - 3861 (11.4)

Germany - 3339 (11.6)

These numbers are 3 years old now, but I doubt it has changed that much since.

Of course these are not "X% of tax money goes to Y" numbers but I couldn't even find anything like that. If kokis has a source then I'll gladly read it. I think the numbers I presented paints a pretty clear picture though. Finland isn't spending an extraordinary amount on health care.

Romania 1.7% of GDP.

Weeee.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

This guy isn't skiddie. He stole credit card information to make purchases and stole email data from MIT. 

http://mashable.com/2015/07/09/finnish-teen-convicted-for-50000-hacks/

Skiddies can do that too. That article explains the "50,700 cybercrimes" number though. He used 1 exploit in some Adobe program to gain access to over 50,000 servers, and each one of those are being counted as a separate crime.

Not sure if that's a fair way to count or not, but it seems like the judge took it into consideration. I mean, if someone gained access to LTT's user database would that be that 1 crime or 191,720 crimes (number of accounts on LTT)?

I'm not gonna say the punishment was too mild or harsh, but I think it's important to take everything into consideration, including the repercussions of giving out harsh sentences. I think people who want people in prison as punishment/revenge are missing the point of prisons. It's to keep very dangerous people away while they get rehabilitated until they are fine for society again, and the longer you keep them in the harder it gets for them to adapt again.

I think people who want people in prison as punishment/revenge are missing the point of prisons. It's to keep very dangerous people away while they get rehabilitated until they are fine for society again, and the longer you keep them in the harder it gets for them to adapt again.

+1

It's just that Finnish legal system is too mild on every case no matter what you've done.(Rape,murder). But then again this is my opinion.

The person who said his parent's should be held accountable is fucking stupid. The kid made their choice, no the parents. I don't know a lot about it, but will this go on a criminal record. I can't imagine many employers are going to want to hire him.

You're kidding.  <_<

That is utter crap right there.

But we dont know how much shit he will get from companies now they know his identity

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

"Parents should be held accountable!?" For fucking what!? They probably don't know shit about computers, so even if they walked in on him in the middle of hacking a bank he could just say "yeah, I'm making a website." Chances are they didn't even know he was in the lizard squad till they got a letter from the court. >:(

- snip-

Shouldn't he be tried in a US court or something? How can the Finnish handle a person doing online activities that hurt US domains and such... I'm surprised the US hasn't taken this guy away either. They were pretty crazy when they got kim dotcom who hosted a site that allowed for easier access of piracy, but nothing for a kid who pretty much renders servers useless because of his attacks? There are easier ways to incorporate policies that deal with piracy than there are viable ways to deal with DDoS attacks.

Romania 1.7% of GDP.

Weeee.

Wait. We have healthcare?

I got the sniffles and had to pay ~50 EUR on a visit to the doctor and some antibiotics <___________<

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Sigh if only courts were black or white (guilt or not guilty) not this bullshit of every shade of grey in between. That is an enormous amount of chargers especially for a 17 year old. When I was his age I wouldn't even touch alcohol because I was still under the age. I wouldn't even go to nightclub because of the other attractions (drugs, smoking etc.) yet he breaches the personal details of others on numerous occasions.

This is outrageous, but unfortunately the world is without a consistent order. Time and time again we see this in various aspects of the legal system but we are too stupid to stand up to it. Guess this happens when are good majority of the world doesn't give a shit because they live on benefits.   

If you don't see the problems with doing something like that, I don't know what to tell you. The world isn't black and white, so the legal system can never be.

The person who said his parent's should be held accountable is fucking stupid. The kid made their choice, no the parents. I don't know a lot about it, but will this go on a criminal record. I can't imagine many employers are going to want to hire him.

Legally speaking, parents ARE responsible for the actions of underage children in just about every civilized country.  So from a legal point of view going after his parents makes perfect sense.   

Wonderful justice there, absolutely wonderful.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

+1

It's just that Finnish legal system is too mild on every case no matter what you've done.(Rape,murder). But then again this is my opinion.

i agree. It's fairly mild.

On the other hand, they probably don't have the funds to keep prisoners for longer... :P

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

If you don't see the problems with doing something like that, I don't know what to tell you. The world isn't black and white, so the legal system can never be.

I was talking about the courts decision. You are either guilty or not guilty. We can't have the following, where someone commits thousands of crimes but because of the nature being technology related it becomes greyed out and blurred. A crime IS a crime. And if they are convicted of a crime no matter what area then they are guilty.  

Don't get me wrong there are grey areas because well life is neither right or wrong, but a crime IS wrong, that's why it's in fact a crime. I hope you understand what I mean. 

From the volume of anger here, it is safe for me to assume nobody this side of LTT knows what a "suspended sentence" actually is.

It means that he is on legal probation for two years, and then tried again. In this case, it is a very clever way to circumvent the need to press charges as a minor, as he will be an adult by that time. Every "Lizard Squad" move he makes will count against him in the court when that time comes.

Seriously people, RTFA!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Legally speaking, parents ARE responsible for the actions of underage children in just about every civilized country.  So from a legal point of view going after his parents makes perfect sense.   

Something being legal doesn't make it right.

For those of you who are mad about this, research what a suspended sentence actually is. 

Why are you all complaining? He is a minor, no matter how smart the law recognizes the difference. It's also probably a first offense and is non-violent and non-drug related as well. Most people under a sane criminal system (i.e. Americans need not apply) actually impose far less severe sentences for what is essentially white collar and mostly non severe crimes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

sad day to see that laws are shit and someone that should rot in jail would walk free soon

it doesn't matter if he is a minor he knew what he was doing and he did it anyway.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

From the volume of anger here, it is safe for me to assume nobody this side of LTT knows what a "suspended sentence" actually is.

It means that he is on legal probation for two years, and then tried again. In this case, it is a very clever way to circumvent the need to press charges as a minor, as he will be an adult by that time. Every "Lizard Squad" move he makes will count against him in the court when that time comes.

Seriously people, RTFA!

Not where I come from its not. It means he is released on license and if he reoffends again during the 2 years he gets prosecuted for both offences at the same time. If he remains out of trouble after the 2 years are up he gets all charges dropped and walks away.

I'm fairly sure it works that way across Europe, the guy in the quote even says he is basically walking away without getting punished for his crimes.

For those of you who are mad about this, research what a suspended sentence actually is.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice on this one.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

sad day to see that laws are shit and someone that should rot in jail would walk free soon

it doesn't matter if he is a minor he knew what he was doing and he did it anyway.

He won't "walk free soon", because by that time he will be sentenced as an adult instead of a minor. Also, for a 17-year-old, two years means a lot. Any action Lizard Squad takes in the meantime, regardless of his involvement, will add to his legal demerit. Considering the attention-seeking nature of LS, he will end up with quite a list to deal with once the probation is over.

Ultimately he can be used as both a bait and as blackmail leverage by the legal systems.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I was talking about the courts decision. You are either guilty or not guilty. We can't have the following, where someone commits thousands of crimes but because of the nature being technology related it becomes greyed out and blurred. A crime IS a crime. And if they are convicted of a crime no matter what area then they are guilty.  

Don't get me wrong there are grey areas because well life is neither right or wrong, but a crime IS wrong, that's why it's in fact a crime. I hope you understand what I mean. 

I think you accidentally your reply.

He won't "walk free soon", because by that time he will be sentenced as an adult instead of a minor. Also, for a 17-year-old, two years means a lot. Any action Lizard Squad takes in the meantime, regardless of his involvement, will add to his legal demerit. Considering the attention-seeking nature of LS, he will end up with quite a list to deal with once the probation is over.

Ultimately he can be used as both a bait and as blackmail leverage by the legal systems.

He has already been sentenced, he received a 2 year suspended sentence. That doesn't mean he will be tried again in 2 years. It means he's been given 2 years in prison suspended pended license and probation. If he reoffends he gets sentenced for his new offence + 2 years. If he's good he gets nothing.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Nope, it means if he does anything else in the next 2 years then he will appear in court again for his new crimes plus these old ones all together. If he remains out of trouble for 2 years he walks away scott free, no harm, no foul.

That is a good thing though. Many will see it as negative since he is not locked up but that does nothing. If he is not causing more harm the end result either way is no harm done.

Seriously people, RTFA!

That is not how it works in Canada. It means he is pretty much on probation for 2 years and will get sent to prison for the rest of his sentence if he does anything illegal and gets caught. 

So, today Julius ‘zeekill’ Kivimaki was handed down a 2 year suspended sentence for some 50,700 charges of cybercrime including data breaches, felony payment fraud and telecommunications harassment by the Finnish court. Along side his suspended sentence he was also ordered to to help combat cybercrime rather than perpetrate it

Its important to note that he is also on trial for the Christmas DDOS attacks however those attack were not included in his sentence.

Heres the article

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/lizard-squad-indicted-julius-kivimaki/

2nd source - http://gamerant.com/christmas-ddos-hacker-sentenced-120/

What a fucking joke, 50,700 crimes on his rap sheet and he walks away with a 2 year suspended sentence and a fucking course.

This my fellow techies is why kids have no fear of the law or the rules these days, because they see people getting arrested and charged with cybercrime then still walking out of court. Way to lay down the law on this one Finland.

Yeah, but if they leave Finland and they ever get caught, theyll be charged in another country, hopefully some shitty place like North Korea or Thailand where the prisons are... Well, you dont want to end up in prison there :P