Marshall Amps announces a... smartphone ?

xavouine

Does it actually say it's a smartphone anywhere? Those might not even be headphones, it could be a guitar input. Also that might not be a camera but a tiny speaker :P

Well it is under phones, I doubt anyone would release a 'dumb'phone at this point.

Well it is under phones, I doubt anyone would release a 'dumb'phone at this point.

Not exactly what I was implying but whatever

Not exactly what I was implying but whatever

I know, I was just saying with it being under phones there's not much it could be. It would either be a smartphone or a 'dumb'phone (unlikely)

I know, I was just saying with it being under phones there's not much it could be. It would either be a smartphone or a 'dumb'phone (unlikely)

I have a guitar amp app that simulates various different valve amps putting the guitar straight into the mic. Something like that would make a tonne of sense for Marshall to do well.

It'd be a 21st century equivalent to this:

MS2-large.jpg

Does it actually say it's a smartphone anywhere? Those might not even be headphones, it could be a guitar input. Also that might not be a camera but a tiny speaker :P

it has what looks like an LED flash under the camera and its under a tab called phones on the top

It'll probably be manufactured completely by another manufacturer though, just like their headphones.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

It'll probably be manufactured completely by another manufacturer though, just like their headphones.

who manufactures them ? :0 they sure are pretty good at it

who manufactures them ? :0 they sure are pretty good at it

Zound industries.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Not surprising at all if you know music gear and Marshall: they basically slap their name into fucking anything already, including a fucking fridge:

its a cool ass fridge, not gonna lie. how much is it, 1k USD? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

I dunno how I feel about this. On one hand I love Marshall & associate their name with quality, JCM800 being one of the first amps that come to mind and how infamous it was/is amongst rock & metal guitarists, and even reputable artists who use them and even have their own signature amps like Slash & Lemmy for example.

But on the other hand since Jim Marshall passed away a few years back they have been pissing away his legacy by putting the name on mid range & over priced headphones, a cool looking but totally inefficient & way over priced ($500 AUD) bar fridge, and now potentially a phone? Ugh. The phone cases they sell looked badass though and actually practical, and I can't comment on the speakers, though I kind of expect them to be high quality like their amp speakers, if not well then that's sad.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I dunno how I feel about this. On one hand I love Marshall & associate their name with quality, JCM800 being one of the first amps that come to mind and how infamous it was/is amongst rock & metal guitarists, and even reputable artists who use them and even have their own signature amps like Slash & Lemmy for example.

But on the other hand since Jim Marshall passed away a few years back they have been pissing away his legacy by putting the name on mid range & over priced headphones, a cool looking but totally inefficient & way over priced ($500 AUD) bar fridge, and now potentially a phone? Ugh. The phone cases they sell looked badass though and actually practical, and I can't comment on the speakers, though I kind of expect them to be high quality like their amp speakers, if not well then that's sad.

Yeah, i like Marshall brand too. I got a JCM2000 DSL100 Marshall with 1960A lead (reissue) since 3 years ago before Jim Marshall passed away and its made in UK, I'm lucky.

But now, i know my guitarist/repair staff from music store and he said some Marshall are now made in china. I got pissed, they don't make in UK anymore..

I just want to know what the hell just happen to Marshall and what the hell are they doing since Jim Marshall passed away.

Yeah, i like Marshall brand too. I got a JCM2000 DSL100 Marshall with 1960A lead (reissue) since 3 years ago before Jim Marshall passed away and its made in UK, I'm lucky.

But now, i know my guitarist/repair staff from music store and he said some Marshall are now made in china. I got pissed, they don't make in UK anymore..

I just want to know what the hell just happen to Marshall and what the hell are they doing since Jim Marshall passed away.

Man that's just sad. Then again I guess it makes sense when the founder dies the heads of the company start sourcing where they can get stuff made cheaper whilst even sacrificing quality in some cases.

Damn it Marshall don't go sacrificing quality for profit..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

prepare for logitech, seinheiser, audiotechnia and many more companies to make smartphones

are you implying logitech is a good audio company?

I mean they do own ultimate ears but they just bought that company and as far as I know they sorta went down the drain after that.

I have a guitar amp app that simulates various different valve amps putting the guitar straight into the mic. Something like that would make a tonne of sense for Marshall to do well.

It'd be a 21st century equivalent to this:

MS2-large.jpg

bought the double cab version of that for a friend just for fun but man that thing was disappointing. I didn't really expect much but I hoped it had more gain than it did.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

are you implying logitech is a good audio company?

I mean they do own ultimate ears but they just bought that company and as far as I know they sorta went down the drain after that.

bought the double cab version of that for a friend just for fun but man that thing was disappointing. I didn't really expect much but I hoped it had more gain than it did.

Yeah it's not great. If you put the headphone out into a aux in of a normal hi-fi amp it sounds pretty good though. Not exactly the portable solution but... eh.

• 2 weeks later...