Plural for Linus

nekomata

If there are more than one Linus, what do you call that? Is it Linuses, Lini, or something else like "a kit of Linus?" English plural confuses me sometimes

How many people are named Linus again ? I see Linus Torvalds and Linus Sebastian ... 

Maybe we could call them Linux ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

If there are more than one Linus, what do you call that? Is it Linuses, Lini, or something else like "a kit of Linus?" English plural confuses me sometimes

Linuses

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

There's only 1 Linus, bruh

/jk

I would probably 1 Linus, 2 Linus. Or 2 Linuses.

I dunno, don't pluralize names often

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Linuses. Confusing stuff is mostly exceptions.

Pretty much whatever you want. English is somewhat dumb

uhm no? 

Lithuanian:

valgąs — ‘the one who is eating’ (present active participle)

valgęs — ‘the one who ate; has eaten; was eating’ (past active participle)

valgydavęs — ‘the one who used to eat’ (frequentative past active participle)

valgysiąs — ‘the one who will be eating’ (future active participle)

valgomas — ‘something that is being eaten’ (present passive participle)

valgytas — ‘something that has been eaten’ (past passive participle)

valgysimas — ‘something which will be eaten’ (future passive participle)

valgant — ‘while eating’ (adverbial present active participle)

valgius — ‘after having eaten’ (adverbial past active participle)

valgydavus — ‘after having eaten repeatedly’ (adverbial frequentative past active participle)

valgysiant — ‘having to eat’ (adverbial future active participle)

valgydamas — ‘eating’ (special adverbial present active participle)

valgytinas — ‘something to be eaten’ (participle of necessity)

beat that

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

How many people are named Linus again ? I see Linus Torvalds and Linus Sebastian ... 

Maybe we could call them the Linux Army ... 

Linus Forsell (http://linustechtips.com/main/user/36330-linusforsell/)

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Linus is both singular and plural like mathematics :D

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

I'd say Lini  B)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Linuses.

Wait a second ... That's his real name ? I thought it was a subtle joke : Linus For Sell ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I'd say Lini  B)

^ this

I'd also use the group name for a bunch of crows

A murder of lini

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

linus' is the correct way to spell it ?

wait ... is it ? i cant remember .. too tired for this shit 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I like Linuses and a group will be a pack of Linuses

Your saying what I put here will be under my posts?

PC:Rosabell

^ this

I'd also use the group name for a bunch of crows

A murder of lini

"Dirty Crows " , sorry , can't help it ... 

Wait a second ... That's his real name ? I thought it was a subtle joke : Linus For Sell ...

DpsUTYj.png

Lithuanian:

valgąs — ‘the one who is eating’ (present active participle)

valgęs — ‘the one who ate; has eaten; was eating’ (past active participle)

valgydavęs — ‘the one who used to eat’ (frequentative past active participle)

valgysiąs — ‘the one who will be eating’ (future active participle)

valgomas — ‘something that is being eaten’ (present passive participle)

valgytas — ‘something that has been eaten’ (past passive participle)

valgysimas — ‘something which will be eaten’ (future passive participle)

valgant — ‘while eating’ (adverbial present active participle)

valgius — ‘after having eaten’ (adverbial past active participle)

valgydavus — ‘after having eaten repeatedly’ (adverbial frequentative past active participle)

valgysiant — ‘having to eat’ (adverbial future active participle)

valgydamas — ‘eating’ (special adverbial present active participle)

valgytinas — ‘something to be eaten’ (participle of necessity)

beat that

How is this dumb? This is fucking beautiful, but I guess native English speakers will never appreciate a synthetic language.

Yup ... It's true that you learn something new everyday ... 

How is this dumb? This is fucking beautiful, but I guess native English speakers will never appreciate a synthetic language.

lithuanian is terrible, it's old, they tried to write it down as it was spoken, our grammar is impossible to learn, every rule has 4 million exceptions. English was pretty much engineered to be somewhat simple and that is beautiful.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

*snip*

I do really like the name of the town he lives in :P

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

linus' is the correct way to spell it ?

wait ... is it ? i cant remember .. too tired for this shit

I think that is the most proper way of writing it but I don't think some of the others are strictly incorrect either.