10 year old iPod - Need to replace it

GlassBomb

So I have my old (10 years soon) iPod, and long story short. It's hard drive is slowly dying on me, and it's battery performance is starting to become poor as well.

So now I am asking you guys. What are some of the recommendations for a new audio player.

What is the budget? Pretty much limitless.

Any features that I want/need? YES! Hardware buttons. Those are basically a must for me at this point. Something that has dedicated buttons for changing track and volume.

I haven't noticed anything new, exciting, or improved with mps/music players really. I like my Sansa Clip + alot. Audio is great, supports Rockbox, and is small. I have a 64gb micro sd card in it currently.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

A phone with earphones with a button to change the track and pause the track

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I haven't noticed anything new, exciting, or improved with mps/music players really. I like my Sansa Clip + alot. Audio is great, supports Rockbox, and is small. I have a 64gb micro sd card in it currently.

Yeah, I haven't really seen anything new and enticing as of late.

A phone with earphones with a button to change the track and pause the track

I would rather not replace my IE80's :/

Yeah, I haven't really seen anything new and enticing as of late.

I would rather not replace my IE80's :/

Get the Pono player!!

/s

I wouldn't know what to recommend you really.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

dont buy apple DONE

I didn't know what to put here...

dont buy apple DONE

I bought it because all other MP3 players had miniscule storage for music. And it lasting 10 years has to say something.

The 5th gen of i-pods?lawl

Late 4th Gen.

59sMld4.jpg

I just went on Amazon to look. I found this. I don't know much about it but it looks nice. http://www.amazon.com/AGPtEK-Version-Playback-Lossless-Supports/dp/B00SD18E60/ref=zg_bs_1264866011_7

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Try getting an Astell & Kern 240 since your budget is limitless.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

You may be able to replace the storage with a flash variant and put on Rockbox. I remember some some of the iPods being able to do that. Get a new battery and you've upgraded your 10 year old device. =)

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

Try getting an Astell & Kern 240 since your budget is limitless.

Second this. AK240 is the way to go for limitless budget. Unless they released newer ones, like AK240 II maybe.

I can HIGHLY recommend the FiiO X5 (2nd Generation) for $350 or, if you don't need as much storage potential (i.e., over 128GB), just get the cheaper FiiO X3 (2nd Generation) for $200.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn