Need phone recommendations! $300 budget.

Go to solution Solved by TopWargamer,

Well I have a Oneplus One but I'm not too sure how it stacks up. To the hardware of the Zenfone 2

Skim or read this comparison: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/asus-zenfone-2-vs-oneplus-one-head-head-review-632882

Greetings fellow forum members!

I'm looking for a phone that's compatible with T-mobile and has the best bang for the buck. Budget is set at $300 however I can potentially bump it up a bit higher if needed.

This will be for my younger brother, I currently use a Oneplus One myself so I don't need a new phone.

The Asus Zenfone 2 looks like a good deal. Its going for $300 on Newegg atm. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Enough said.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

The Asus Zenfone 2 looks like a good deal. Its going for $300 on Newegg atm. Thoughts?

Its a good phone but it comes with a lot of bloatware, so you might have to root it or deal with it.

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101110 01110110 01100101 01110010 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011

OnePlus One all the way

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

OnePlus One / Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

Samsung s3/s4

or maybe One plus One. No experience with them but the specs for price are pretty impressive.

Samsung s3 or s4

Uh no those would be slow. They would be much better suited with a flagship phone with a budget price. *Cough cough* One Plus One, ZenPhone 2, etc.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Uh no those would be slow. They would be much better suited with a flagship phone with a budget price. *Cough cough* One Plus One, ZenPhone 2, etc.

The s4 has pretty much the same processor as the One plus One if ya wanna stay below 300, so that argument is invalid.

Also one plus one weights a lot more than the s4, which imo is a dealbreaker.

The s4 has pretty much the same processor as the One plus One if ya wanna stay below 300, so that argument is invalid.

Also one plus one weights a lot more than the s4, which imo is a dealbreaker.

You're going to be getting a larger screen real estate of course it's going to weigh more. The One Plus has 3GB of RAM, and a much better camera, and a much newer processor... It's just a better idea to go the One Plus route. It's his choice, so your deal breaker wont necessarily affect them. 

Its a good phone but it comes with a lot of bloatware, so you might have to root it or deal with it.

That's not a problem, he has experience with android despite never having a smartphone, he can root it no problem.

OnePlus One / Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML

So are these two phones the best options at this price range?

Which one is more preferred? At work so it's a bit harder for me to look up info.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

That's not a problem, he has experience with android despite never having a smartphone, he can root it no problem.

So are these two phones the best options at this price range?

Which one is more preferred? At work so it's a bit harder for me to look up info.

if you're looking between the asus and oneplus, i'd go for the oneplus. 

if you're looking between the asus and oneplus, i'd go for the oneplus.

Are there any other phones of note in that price range? Comparable or better?

The oneplus did look like the better option.

Are there any other phones of note in that price range? Comparable or better?

The oneplus did look like the better option.

If I were to choose a new phone (and also I won't spend more than ~300euro), it'll be probably:

in order:

1. One plus One

2. Samsung Galaxy S4

3. Asus Zenphone

that's what I would pick, ofcourse there are a lot more to choose from, but this would be my pick.

I've owned the Samsung galaxy S2 & S3, and both phones never let me down, that's why the galaxy s4 is in my list. I really love what samsung does. I've never owned or seen a One plus One phone, but after looking through reviews and specs, it really looks like a very powerful & nice phone. It's probably the best value for your money, as it has good storage, camera and processor. And a good processor is a priority when picking phones. Can't get more irritating than to wait minutes to load a fucking app :P

@MyInnerFred 

You should definitely get the Zenfone 2. There's also the cheaper $200 version, which my friend owns. It's perfectly fast and really awesome. 

There's also the OnePlus One, which is still a fantastic phone despite it coming out a year ago.

COMIC SANS

@MyInnerFred

You should definitely get the Zenfone 2. There's also the cheaper $200 version, which my friend owns. It's perfectly fast and really awesome.

There's also the OnePlus One, which is still a fantastic phone despite it coming out a year ago.

Well I have a Oneplus One but I'm not too sure how it stacks up. To the hardware of the Zenfone 2