Are ISIS succeeding?

Overkilled

Media is helping them and also making the Islam look sooo bad

Sure brah. It's only ISIS making Islam look bad. 

I suppose invading Europe in the middle ages (with a warmongering pretext), forcing christians to convert or be wiped out and hundreds of years of wars because they can't stand "infidels" don't make them look bad.

Religion of peace, they said. kek

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Also let's watch this video of a former navy seal watching their "ISIS Navy Seal training video".

These guys are pretty stupid.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

They key difference is that the nazi army didn't consist of monkeys with AK-47's.

but after world war 1 they had like the shittest army ever but once again Britain were pussies and let them expand there army

ISIS is nothing, they are a small group of extremists. The problem is that they know how to use social media and publishes their execution videos, and the retarded media of the west picks them up and write about it. This makes them seem much bigger than they really are, and after they lost a lot of the oil instalations that was their main source of income they've done much poorer than they used to (obviously).

If the west decided to take them seriously we could wipe them out in a short amount of time, the problem is that we don't really take them seriously and that goes for the problems in Afgaisthan too.

Now if ISIS decided to attack several key NATO countries (France, USA, UK and Germany) they would be snuffed out in a very short time, and that is why they just kidnap people and kill the people of the countrie(s) where they operate.

they've already attacked France as well as British tourists

The amount of money spent on terrorism is more to prevent what could happen in the future, not what's happening now.

If anything is going to cause WW3 right now it's Russia/Ukraine.

Yes, and that logic is why we can't question it. I get that its to prevent it from happening in the future, but a lot of it gets used on other "crime prevention"...:And the loss of privacy rights is even worse.

Many, many countries have made terrorism laws after 9/11 and later attacks....In almost all the laws I have read about from different countries use language like "Terrorism and other crimes"....

The police in my country had the ability to spy on danes without court order, until the end of 2014....Almost all the times they used that ability, were with drug crimes, and other things. Almost none of it was terror related.

American authorities have had a very hard time about showing documentation from the claimed results....There were loose claims about a lot of foiled attacks but a lot of them have proven to be very weak or outright false.

I agree that WW3 is a lot more likely to have something to do with russia.....(And russian insecurity and delusions of grandeur)

they've already attacked France as well as British tourists

Nope....A few single crazy people who sympatise with this organisation have attack france and now british(And other) tourists.....Criminals kill tourists everyday.

Stop making them special. You are giving them power.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

their "attacks" on western soil is done by amateurs on par with what you'd get from a craigslist ad.

and this is all the power they have to impose outside their territory. rank amateurs that they recruit over social media, give them a quick set of youtube tutorials and bam all of a sudden they're hardened soldiers. lol no.

and for a western army to march in and clean them out? LOL ROFL. you can't fight guerrillas like that. its just about as effective as Game of Thrones most feared army the unsullied fighting the Harpies. once you march in they will scatter, hide and do what they've always done bide their time and wait out the bigger army as it exhausts itself of resources money and the will of the governments and people back home.

They are scaring a lot of people. So as a terror group i'd say they are doing just fine

Will they succeed with their goal. Nope.

In the beginning i thought i'd never hate them more than i did

Then i saw this

I got really angry when I saw that too....Well, more very sad than angry I suppose, but thats what they were aiming for. They are going to shock and fear! They are hoping to goat us into attacking, and showing our western aggresion once more. Or start showing that we aren't better than they are.

Way too simplistic. ISIS works a lot more like a gurilla army than a real one. They don't control that red area in the map..:They control some of it, but there is a lot of difference between isis controlled areas and isis attack zones.

They attack, and withdraw or get pushed back a lot more than they control. They simply doesn't have the man power.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Do you think there gonna start conquering the western world? For most of us Isis isn't our problem we just hear it on the news but will we go into a world war 3?

If WW3 will happen anytime soon I don't think it will be related to them, do you think they will actually invade an european or north american country? I don't think it will happen.

I got really angry when I saw that too....Well, more very sad than angry I suppose, but thats what they were aiming for. They are going to shock and fear! They are hoping to goat us into attacking, and showing our western aggresion once more. Or start showing that we aren't better than they are.

Goad* ^^ 

Yeah i know. Its basically the large scale equivalent of a kid taunting a bigger kid in a playground.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

despite ISIS being real and pretty dangerous, they are mostly a distraction of other shit, got the idea that the media is blowing it up(no pun) pretty big, i mean the UN is still looking at it's ass when it comes to taking action so far i know and the local people fight hard.

So yeah, ISIS succeeding? nahh

ISIS a real danger? nahhh

ISIS being a smoke curtain? not unlikely, since the US helped them to arms, just like they did with bin laden.

for better wording of these views please visist @Trik'Stari

who probably shares this opinion to a certain degree.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Goad* ^^ 

Yeah i know. Its basically the large scale equivalent of a kid taunting a bigger kid in a playground.. 

Yeah.....Isis are the basically the kids...Hope somebody is going to play the part of the gorilla at some point.

d814afbdcc4ee4155da4257279583419.jpg

despite ISIS being real and pretty dangerous, they are mostly a distraction of other shit, got the idea that the media is blowing it up(no pun) pretty big, i mean the UN is still looking at it's ass when it comes to taking action so far i know and the local people fight hard.

So yeah, ISIS succeeding? nahh

ISIS a real danger? nahhh

ISIS being a smoke curtain? not unlikely, since the US helped them to arms, just like they did with bin laden.

for better wording of these views please visist @Trik'Stari who probably shares this opinion to a certain degree.

There are a lot of evil forces in the word. We get a lot of bullshit from the media. But don't believe that everything is one giant conspiracy that is secrectly controlling everything. The truth is faaaaar more complex which the conspiracy theorists have problems with, because it means that we don't know who the real enemy is.....They want to make everything connected, while the real world consists of a lot of randomness and forces pushing in different directions.

If you think that ISIS is some concious american or UN invention, you need to pay better attention to history.

The US provides weapons to everybody at different times...They have provides weapons to both sides of countless conflicts. ...Why? Because they like to try to control shit, and because many of those attempts at control fail, so they change sides.

People have a desperate need to connect things, and simplify them....

So the united states provides weapons to some groups fighting the assad regime. The US supports the UN.....=The UN and the US created ISIS as some secret masterplan.

There is not any doubt that the policies of the US and the allies created this situation, but this is not some secret master plan controlled by the bilderberg group.....

Trik makes a lot of great points, but his solution to this and almost every all foreign policy situation, tends to be to advocate for indicriminate bombing(often nuclear) without any considerations to civilians.....I respect him, but I rather not follow his advise when it comes to this topic.

giphy.gif

inb4

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Your missing out the whole point people, and no matter what I say someone will come and try to be a smart ass. 

First of all, ISIS was "made" to distract the west of what is going on here, what they really want is beyond what you think. 

They blend in easily with civilians just like me and you, "using" Islam as their religion. The real fear is not from ISIS, simply from governments that support them. 

Question, how in earth did ISIS get all the Western made weapons all of a sudden?

They clam to be Muslims, but why are they killing Muslims? 

Recruitment happen from Western countries as many ISIS leaders said? 

Anyways, just a point of view, ISIS can't just enter a country carrying weapons, most of their game is hit and run. 

Why they are controlling parts in Iraq and Syria? Well, those countries have problems and got weak. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Your missing out the whole point people, and no matter what I say someone will come and try to be a smart ass. 

First of all, ISIS was "made" to distract the west of what is going on here, what they really want is beyond what you think. 

Dem conspiracy theories.

They blend in easily with civilians just like me and you, "using" Islam as their religion. The real fear is not from ISIS, simply from governments that support them. 

Question, how in earth did ISIS get all the Western made weapons all of a sudden?

They're (or were) supported by rich petrol-filled countries like Saudi Arabia. They're just edgy monkeys that wanted to have some fun, but the saudi family didn't want that much fun at their doorstep, so they just supported them.

Nothing new there.

They have no business killing europeans though.

Looks like there are edgy monkeys in Europe as well. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

ISIS as a military force isn't a threat, at least not in their current state.

They are only a threat to the region they are operating in because both Iraq and Syria lack the ability, or in Iraq's case the resolve,  to defend themselves from outside threats.

From a terrorist group standpoint they are a threat as is all other terrorist groups.  Al-Qaeda, their bigger and better organized older brother, has had difficulty pulling off meaningful terrorist attacks in the west since 9/11.  However ISIS was kicked out of Al-Qaeda for being too radical and extreme in their methods, which means their ability to go bat shit crazy may make up for their lack of organization.

Now the biggest threat that they pose is their ability to draw people, even those of reasonable financial means, to their cause.  Here in the states its becoming more common in the news that someone is found being a sympathizer with ISIS, and during the riots that permeated last year ISIS banners could be seen held high as folks marched down the streets.  While this hasn't bore any meaningful fruit it does highlight how far their reach is.  Boko Haram basically is ISIS in Nigeria and they have been successful in recruiting the desperate masses in the impoverished regions of the country.  A country that has the 20th largest economy globally.

So while for the moment they aren't a major threat in the traditional sense they do pose a lasting problem, and one that cannot simply be stamped out with just military force. Otherwise the Jordanians would of done that by now.

Exacerbating the problem the media and politicians in the west seem dead set to not only downplay ISIS in every regard, but also attempt to redirect public outrage over ISIS actions back onto the public.  After the Charlie Hebdo attack there were scores of "intellectuals" who blamed the journalists for the attack and that their style of satire brought it upon them. Basically engaging in the tried and true practice of victim shaming.  The same thing occurred after the attempted, and thwarted, attack on the "draw Mohammed" contest in Texas. 

Also for those speculating who created and armed ISIS. They created themselves, but the US armed them.  They were allied with the Syrian Rebels and our president was dead set in providing military assistance to those same rebels. They also got some of the equipment from Iraqi forces who fled.

They are scaring a lot of people. So as a terror group i'd say they are doing just fine

Will they succeed with their goal. Nope.

In the beginning i thought i'd never hate them more than i did

Then i saw this

B-xjpivUsAAdqhg.jpg

Dem Islamic karate suits. :3

Dem Islamic karate suits. :3

The one on the right has a black belt in being a complete arse

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So anybody who disagrees with you is just trying to be a smart ass....

That is really vague....Created how? Are we talking actual control, or what are you talking about? And what is it that is really happening?

Be specific.

They are muslims.....You might be of the opinion that they aren't practicing islam as you see it, but that doesn't matter in terms of what religion they hold.

But they are still muslim.

Very simple to investigate if you wanted. Those weapons deliveries were openly discussed. And it didn't happen "Suddenly"...

But nobody wants to do the research before becoming conspiracy theorists.

Most of the weapons were captured from the Iraq military, but tons of it comes militants from libya who were given weapons to oust Gaddafi, and from militants from Mali for the war in 2013.

The US gave 25 billion to train and equip the iraq army. Look at a map of military bases in the area that ISIS originally captured and its pretty fucking easy to figure out whre the weapons came from. There were some groups during the start of the syrian civil war that was supplied by the US, and some of those groups then joined ISIS when they were really on the rise and were taking over huge parts of iraq and syria, taking the weapons with them.

So what?

There are plenty of people who kill people of their own religion.

They have found ways of justifying those killings.....And its pretty easy to do. You just claim that those you kill aren't real muslims.

Just like you claim that they aren't real muslims.

What does that have to do with anything?

And im pretty sure most of the fighters aren't westeners....

Anyways, just a point of view, ISIS can't just enter a country carrying weapons, most of their game is hit and run. 

Why they are controlling parts in Iraq and Syria? Well, those countries have problems and got weak.

LOL....What a simplistic, and frankly stupid conclusion.

What problems and weak how?

Iraq got this way because the americans decided to only put one group in charge of everything, and pissing off a huge part of the country, making it easy for ISIS to attack.

The one on the right has a black belt in being a complete arse

Yes, I saw him smashing the hell out of that status like a lunatic claiming that it was deity and needed to be destroyed. 

Are they a threat to the West? Lets put aside any thoughts of ideology or whatever and look at their operational capabilities. Isis have the ability to carry out small scale terrorist attacks, and recruit some Western extremists to their cause. The most dangerous thing about Isis is the fact our governments will use them as a bogey man to increase surveillance on our own populations, which is unfortunate. In reality they are currently a very minor threat.

They are winning. Sorry to ruin the ISIS are a bunch of goatfuckers mindset, but the facts are that the coalition does jack shit, Kurds need weapons which they don't have, Turkey is planning to attack Kurds, indirectly assisting ISIS.

ISIS is not a normal group, it's already a state: To join it you simply have to swear allegiance to daesh, it has no geographical borders, it's already in Egypt, just fired rockets into  israel, from Gaza and Sinai, it attacked whilst small attacks in france and other western countries cause basically shock from the world. They already won and people fail to see this, even if they loose the battle, the concept of the islamic state will continue, and is also the dream of plenty of other organizations. 

:/

They are winning. Sorry to ruin the ISIS are a bunch of goatfuckers mindset, but the facts are that the coalition does jack shit, Kurds need weapons which they don't have, Turkey is planning to attack Kurds, indirectly assisting ISIS.

ISIS is not a normal group, it's already a state: To join it you simply have to swear allegiance to daesh, it has no geographical borders, it's already in Egypt, just fired rockets into  israel, from Gaza and Sinai, it attacked whilst small attacks in france and other western countries cause basically shock from the world. They already won and people fail to see this, even if they loose the battle, the concept of the islamic state will continue, and is also the dream of plenty of other organizations. 

So what?

How does that mean that they won..Because they kill a few westerners, doesn't make them winners.....

So what?

How does that mean that they won..Because they kill a few westerners, doesn't make them winners.....

That is not their objective. They intend to create an islamic nation based on sharia law, which they have. Now it's a matter of expansion. The west looks away unless it hits them at home, failing to realize that the expansion rate of ISIS is outstanding and that sooner or later shit will go down in Europe and the USA (as a part of the expansion of the islamic state)

:/