Depression, anyone have help?

Your parents think your a failure cause they freaking love you and want a perfect life for ya bud.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Don't Be depressed.

That's like telling someone with a cold "Stop being sick!" as if it was under your control

OP: Try counseling, therapy, medication, whatever it helps. Sadly I know that your condition can preclude you from thinking any of it can work at all and I've lost countless and valuable friendships because of social stigma and misconceptions like the one I quoted "get over it! Be happy!" So actually talk to someone who has/is going through the same thing, not sure if you won't feel isolated but it will help more than you feeling like you're putting pressure on your family and your family feeling frustrated because they might not know how to deal with this particular type of sickness.

Hope it works out, feel free to private message me if you want.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Your parents think your a failure cause they freaking love you and want a perfect life for ya bud.

In the movie , yeah ... But you can't say that in the real world ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

In the movie , yeah ... But you can't say that in the real world ... 

What do you mean? 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

What do you mean? 

I'm saying that people are different , some parents is just straight up monsters and not trying to be a harsh loving parents ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Stay updated for a build log. I need to get a nice rest because I've been up all night and need the strength to record. It's 7:45 A.M right now. Build log will also feature me wearing an LTT T-shirt because I got my sister to buy it for me. I also spent an hour cleaning my room, but build log will be up by tomorrow, aiming for 9:00 P.M EST, but 11:59 P.M EST will be the latest it will be posted. Do I just post it under the build log in the Workbench section, because that just looks all like rigs.

ummm I'm not sure where it should be posted since it isn't a PC

Keep positive.  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel in life.  It will get better.  Focus on what you enjoy.  Take some time to just unwind.  Go see a movie (yes it's okay to go to a movie by yourself if you're friends don't want to go).  Make new friends.  Game with us!  This community is a giant family of techy, nerdy people. We have a lot in common believe it or not.  Now as much as you may not like it, confront your parents about why they might think you're a failure (which I would doubt they actually think you are failure).  And if you feel that everybody hates you, find new people.  Go to the hang out spots of your city or town and make new friends.  You don't want to have bad friends that don't care about you. You want friend that are there for you. Find more people with common interests.

Just remember, it will always get better.

ummm I'm not sure where it should be posted since it isn't a PC

I'll either put in Console Gaming or Off-Topic, since Halo 4 is console gaming. I was planning on starting at 5 but I had to watch my 17 year old brother as he got his wisdom teeth pulled, so it will be a bit late.  

I'll either put in Console Gaming or Off-Topic, since Halo 4 is console gaming. I was planning on starting at 5 but I had to watch my 17 year old brother as he got his wisdom teeth pulled, so it will be a bit late.

can't wait to see it, sounds very interesting. [emoji12] [emoji106]

can't wait to see it, sounds very interesting. [emoji12] [emoji106]

Yeah, but I don't think I'll be able to publish it by before midnight EST, so it'll be a bit late on my end, but probably not that bad in Iceland.

Keep positive.  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel in life.  It will get better.  Focus on what you enjoy.  Take some time to just unwind.  Go see a movie (yes it's okay to go to a movie by yourself if you're friends don't want to go).  Make new friends.  Game with us!  This community is a giant family of techy, nerdy people. We have a lot in common believe it or not.  Now as much as you may not like it, confront your parents about why they might think you're a failure (which I would doubt they actually think you are failure).  And if you feel that everybody hates you, find new people.  Go to the hang out spots of your city or town and make new friends.  You don't want to have bad friends that don't care about you. You want friend that are there for you. Find more people with common interests.

Just remember, it will always get better.

Of course I want to game with you guys, problem is, I don't have a gaming rig yet. And yes, a giant family of technerds we are, and I LOVE THAT. New people = I don't know what to do. I think I'll hang out with majority you guys and a few of friends of my actual friends. I feel that sometimes it will get better, and sometimes it wont. I think that the majority of us have a lot of common interests, but a guaranteed one is that we're all Techies, LTT fans, PC Gamers, the plebian console gamer, or an Edzel fan like myself. Anyone else an Edzel fan?

Yeah, but I don't think I'll be able to publish it by before midnight EST, so it'll be a bit late on my end, but probably not that bad in Iceland.

Haha, yeah. Iceland ftw

Listen to some happy music
Do you have any talents/things you like doing? Well, go out and do them!
Get off your PC every now and then and go for a hike in the great outdoors (if you have access to those). Being in and around nature is a really good antidepressant.

The one thing you need to do is be real with stuff, because at the end of the day, we can't do anything other than suggest things you can do. It's all on you to pick yourself up, because we can only do so much. But be assured we'll all do our best :D

Sorry, I had to.

First of people,people saying that you should make online friends are just giving you a temporary help.If you want to settle everything go and talk to your parents what they think about you! Better communication will help you conquering your depression.

Listen to some happy music

Do you have any talents/things you like doing? Well, go out and do them!

Get off your PC every now and then and go for a hike in the great outdoors (if you have access to those). Being in and around nature is a really good antidepressant.

The one thing you need to do is be real with stuff, because at the end of the day, we can't do anything other than suggest things you can do. It's all on you to pick yourself up, because we can only do so much. But be assured we'll all do our best :D

Sorry, I had to.

I listen to music quite a bit. My talent is the equivalent of PCs -_- I mean we are all Techies here soooo...but I don't really have access to the outdoors that much and my parents tell me to start being more social, but they fracking contradict it with go to your room the majority of the time. I like it in my room, and my parents don't seem to understand that, and that they contradict themselves all of the time.

I've been depressed for about 2 years now and it's only gotten worse. I feel as if my parents think I'm a failure, all of my classes push me way too hard, and everyone hates me. You guys are my favorite community and I feel as if you guys might be the best people to help me. I don't have many friends and the ones I do have don't really talk to me. Please help me techies, because I don't know what to do

-Sadly, Niko

get civ 5 and we'll rally up some people from the LTT forum to play in some crazy deity game

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

get civ 5 and we'll rally up some people from the LTT forum to play in some crazy deity game

Once the rifle is sold, I will make sure to get Civ 5. This needs to happen.

Alright, I'll give it a shot, I was depressed since 2011. I was dating someone and was really happy with her, then she went to her university and met someone else. Even married the dude last year, so as you can imagine, I was bummed out. And before that I already had a lot of self confidence issues and lack of drive, so it drove me into a big depression. I got out of it once I realized the most important fact about life.

You want it to get better, go make it better. Nothing is out of reach, nothing is impossible, only if you believe it so. If you sit there and do nothing, that's exactly what will happen. But if you start small, go for that better job, go for that degree, go for your dreams instead of relying on other people to do it for you. You'll wake up, and realize wow, I did all of this, I did it. And you'll start to be ok with yourself, you'll learn to appreciate what you CAN do, and stop obsessing over what you CAN'T. You'll push your limits, and that's exactly what you should do. Always look to push higher.

Also, this vid helped a lot

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wUnSGRosNBQ

Basically, if you believe you're worthless, then that's what you'll always think. By simply thinking something positive, like "I can do this", is all it takes. Even if you fail, it's better to always try than do nothing.

I've been depressed for about 2 years now and it's only gotten worse. I feel as if my parents think I'm a failure, all of my classes push me way too hard, and everyone hates me. You guys are my favorite community and I feel as if you guys might be the best people to help me. I don't have many friends and the ones I do have don't really talk to me. Please help me techies, because I don't know what to do

-Sadly, Niko

go to a therapist

also try to hang out more with people outside school

make new friends

go to new palces

do your best to always be surrounded with people

distract yourself going to places with friends

stay busy

I agree with Enderman, Niko. One thing that helped me was powerlifting. Lifting hevey weights gave a way to release a lot of energy, and I really loved doing it. I listhen to some Sabaton band music, heavy  metal songs about historical battles and wars. "Staying busy" as many say or "just snap out of it" or "just be happy" just DONT work when your brain is rewired during depression. Aside from staying busy which is just ignoring the problem and avoiding it, analyze it or do something you just love. In my case that was Listening to Sabaton, weight lifting, and gaming here and there.

Get better Brother!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

If your depression becomes worse and you are thinking about committing suicide, please get to a doctor immediately.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My diet and exercise are fine, it's just that getting outside kinda scares me. Does going out in to the backyard count, because that's my go to place for outdoors.

It doesn't matter where you go outside, and where you exercise. Sounds like you have some problems with socializing....Which is completely fine! You don't need to be this super social human being....Just be sure to exercise and get sunlight.

You are still young....Look at your life, but don't look at it like everybody else wants you to be, but find out what YOU want to be.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

You know what? Fucking hate them back with a vengeance, The psycho's.

Hating people back is not the solution. Revenge is not going to inherently solve anything - it might just become a back and forth war with no winner and all losers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The thing is, I'm at an "academy" and it's gotten worse ever since we've gotten our new vice principal. 2 kids commit suicide this year and no one commit suicide when our old principal was there. Not to mention she treats us like children and she is super ghetto. LIKE WTF. The only other option I have is online school, but I don't want to leave my friends. I just might have to though because it lets me sleep in and it helps me with my social problems. The school is in the ghetto as well, so I could see why the vice principal is, but she just takes it too far.

Going to an online school doesn't mean you need to say goodbye to your friends. Yes, you won't see them at school anymore, but they'll still be around, right?

You could self study like me? I don't go to college at all.

Hating people back is not the solution. Revenge is not going to inherently solve anything - it might just become a back and forth war with no winner and all losers.

No, not revenge. Hating them back.