Asus ROG Claymore & Spatha Database

Asus ROG Claymore [Mechanical keyboard]

2015 version

DSC04649_w_600.jpg

2016 verison

f7ad7412215bb9e89ee0c3dd991117ff.png

Material: Aluminum 

Layout: TKL with optional numpad (plug into left side of keyboard to use it as a macropad & right side for standard numpad OR numpad only).

Keys: CherryMX Red, Blue, Brown and Black

Wrist rest: Doesnt seem like it.

Software: ROG Armoury +(?) Asus Aura (Will support reprogrammable buttons & lighting customization).

Color Lighting: 16.8 million (RGB)

N-key rollover: Yes (Full N-key rollover).

Pass-through: USB 3.1 and 3.5mm audio

Audio Wheel: Yes

Wireless: No

Other: Detachable keypad that can be used as keypad, macropad or stand alone (will most likely come with the keyboard otherwise the keyboard is nothing different from what the competition offers).

Claymore-g-595x334.jpg

Pricing and availability: Availability inconsistent. "Core" version is 149€ (TKL without the numpad), rumors say they have bugs with the numpad so launch date for full version unknown.

Asus ROG Spatha [MMO Mouse]

Spatha-20001-400x400.jpgSpatha-d-591x400.jpgrsz_1rsz_1spatha-a.png

Number of buttons: 12

Button: Romer (exact button is unknown but you can change them just like in the Asus ROG Gladius) 20 million clicks durability.

Material: "Magnesium Alloy". Looks like a metal base with the same premium plastic that was on the gladius (fingerprint resistant and no coating).

Software: ROG Armoury +(?) Asus Aura (Supports re-programmable buttons & lighting customization).

Sensor: Not official but all the specs match up with the Avago ADNS-9800

This is a very commonly used sensor but it's known for having small amounts of input lag and sometimes acceleration issues, last mentioned was fixed with firmware on some mice.

DPI: Up to 8 200

Polling Rate: Up to 2000 hertz (1000hz wireless)

Tracking: 150 ips

Acceleration: 30G

Sensor placement:

Skärmklipp.PNG

Color Lighting: 16.8 million (RGB) 3 zones (scroll wheel, logo, side buttons)

Battery: 900mAh

Wireless: 2,4Ghz RF, polling rate limited to 1000hz.

Modular: Switches can be replaced.

Weight: info inconsistent, but Asus's website says 179g excluding cable.

Mouse feet: 4 teflon mouse feet. Fairly small.

Other: Vertical charging stand

5b7c7320ee966ab13ef8a1ccc133314c.png

Package content:

41783?l=eyJyZXNvdXJjZSI6IlwvYXJ0aWtlbFwv

Pricing and availability: Available. 155€ (on discount), 149USD, 135£ (Prices taken from amazon, 07/12/2016).

Please show some love this took along time to gather :)

Why did you say the original post was a repost..?

And cool products I guess

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why did you say the original post was a repost..?

And cool products I guess

Cause if fucked up and accidentally got posted meanwhile i was still writing it

Didnt notice the original post until i posted this one

Claymore looks a lot like corsair's new keyboard

The mouse is "interesting"

I'd be interested in trying both. But I think Asus may not be ready to jump into the peripheral market just yet. 

Claymore looks a lot like corsair's new keyboard

The mouse is "interesting"

I'd be interested in trying both. But I think Asus may not be ready to jump into the peripheral market just yet. 

Well Asus has been in the peripheral market for a while and some of their products are really good. Asus Gladius is awesome and Asus Orion Pro is a better than ok headset. Tho the strix line is not the best imo. 

• 1 month later...

Any news regarding release dates?

Sadly not im still searching :/

EDIT: Mouse is expected to be launched sometime near the end of 2015

Here in Portugal we don't have the Corsair K65 RGB so I am waiting for this one.

Thanks for the help

• 1 month later...

I never had keyboard with volume roller, would it be possible to use it in star citizen as simple throttle axis?

I never had keyboard with volume roller, would it be possible to use it in star citizen as simple throttle axis?

I think so, since you can rebind the volume wheel to a different key if im not mistaken.

I guess the Keyboard will be released with the mouse...

The Spatha is already available for pre-purchase in some stores and it has been available for testing on some events but we haven't seen or heard of the Claymore since Computex.

Asus has also shown off the Spatha alot on their twitter but again, nothing about the Claymore. 

Im starting to expect they cancelled that keyboard, maybe to develop their own switch for it. 

Only time will tell...

The Spatha is already available for pre-purchase in some stores and it has been available for testing on some events but we haven't seen or heard of the Claymore since Computex.

Asus has also shown off the Spatha alot on their twitter but again, nothing about the Claymore. 

Im starting to expect they cancelled that keyboard, maybe to develop their own switch for it. 

Only time will tell...

Haha I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The "let's design our own switch" craze is real after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have a little update.

I tweeted ASUS ROG on twitter a month ago, and they said they had no ETA yet.

I tweeted them a month later, and they told me that there wasn't a specific ETA yet but 

told me to safely expect the Claymore somewhere around Q1 (1st Quarter) of 2016

"There is no firm eta yet. Best guess is Q1. The ROG gear just takes longer in development."

Hearing this from ROGUK's official twitter (I didn't hear anything from the main twitter) , I highly doubt

that this product is cancelled, it just takes a while to get out to us. Kind of sad however, because i want

a replacement for the Razer Deathstalker I have been using for 9months now...*it sucks balls*

So not too much of an update, but a little hope, right?

Hey guys, I have a little update.

I tweeted ASUS ROG on twitter a month ago, and they said they had no ETA yet.

I tweeted them a month later, and they told me that there wasn't a specific ETA yet but 

told me to safely expect the Claymore somewhere around Q1 (1st Quarter) of 2016

"There is no firm eta yet. Best guess is Q1. The ROG gear just takes longer in development."

Hearing this from ROGUK's official twitter (I didn't hear anything from the main twitter) , I highly doubt

that this product is cancelled, it just takes a while to get out to us. Kind of sad however, because i want

a replacement for the Razer Deathstalker I have been using for 9months now...*it sucks balls*

So not too much of an update, but a little hope, right?

At least you got some response. They debuted this in the late spring and the people who were there found the mouse was really just a shell and non-operative so still very much in the development state.  The keyboard was a bunch of lights, barely functionable and the same.   Asus has a tendency to debut something that is barely functionable to create a bunch of hype around it and can take up to a year + to get it out.   That being said they come out with some really nice items, still love my Asus Swift, GPUs and MBs.

I ended up trying the G.Skill 780 RGB mouse and am loving it. I'm not in need of 8 buttons at my thumb ( i switched from the Corsair M95) and I find that I use the two buttons on the right side of the mouse just as much as the left.  I'm really liking the mouse and it has become my new standard.

I have also ordered the G.Skill KM780 RGB Keyboard to hopefully replace the K70 RGB I have.  I really need the USB passthrough and I expect the keyboards to be virtually the same, although the new G.skill cherry reds only travel 2mm which means no o-rings needed.  It should be here by end of the month but reviews are good.   Only draw back will be the RGB software. I have to say that the Corsair may be 144 pages of dull reading to get going, but the community and ability to download a custom made profile is pretty sweet.  I'm a simple person and like just reactive typing and I should be able to make that happen with the  new keyboard.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

The Asus Spatha is confirmed for November.

i7 4770k | 4x4Gb Patriot Sector 7 1600MHz | Asrock z87 Extreme 6 | Zotac GTX 970 | Intel SSD 520 240gb | Barracuda 3TB | Barracuda 5TB

Antec HCG-850M PSU | Monoprice Pro-ips 1440p | Logitech G15 2nd Gen | R.A.T 7 MMO | Shure SRH840

Sadly too late. :(

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Still waiting for this specific keyboard.... it's literally the only RGB keyboard that has everything I'm looking for. It would be nice if it was out before the holidays but that doesn't seem likely at the moment.

I heard that this is coming out in November? Anyone able to confirm?

• 2 weeks later...

Asus mentioned it in a german youtube video where they gave a thorough technical overview, so in that way it is officially confirmed unless they change it.

i7 4770k | 4x4Gb Patriot Sector 7 1600MHz | Asrock z87 Extreme 6 | Zotac GTX 970 | Intel SSD 520 240gb | Barracuda 3TB | Barracuda 5TB

Antec HCG-850M PSU | Monoprice Pro-ips 1440p | Logitech G15 2nd Gen | R.A.T 7 MMO | Shure SRH840

• 4 weeks later...

Currently at Dreamhack and no sign of any of the new gear at their booth

just old stuff like the strix claw mouse and strix 7.1 headset.