Asus ROG Claymore & Spatha Database

2 minutes ago, brighttail said:

-snip-

I really like the Mayan aesthetics of it, that is all.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

On 5/12/2016 at 1:55 AM, iiNNeX said:

I wouldn't use a wireless mouse if you are semi-serious about gaming. Loads of cons on those ones you mentioned too. But yes as far as wireless mice go it is fine bar the buttons, but it does not come close to the precision and feel of a Razer Deatheadder Chroma or Logitech G502. I mentioned Corsair mainly for their keyboards, not keen on their mice.

That's why I'd go with the G700s. It has spectacular wireless gaming performance even from a ways away. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

22 hours ago, brighttail said:

The good keyboards that I have used from Corsair and even this G.Skill has a very comfortable wrist rests.  Yes one can buy gel wrist rests or other type, but if you can't secure it to the keyboard, then it becomes moot for me. I often play with the keyboard on my lap.  It is unfortunate is all I'm saying

Corsair's aren't anything more special than say Logitechs at all. I'd rather have comfort over a cheap one that attaches to the keyboard. Not to mention the keyboard is stationary most wrist rests stay in place as well so I don't see what the problem is.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

1 hour ago, RyGuy99 said:

Not to mention the keyboard is stationary most wrist rests stay in place as well so I don't see what the problem is.

My keyboard and Glorious wrist rest beg to differ. Also the 3rd party wrist rest is not wide enough... thankfully it can move... still annoying to have to move it as I use the numpad often for both navigation and number entry. Back and forth, back and forth... not a problem I have at home with my G710 with attached wrist rest. 

$2 piece of plastic... should be included.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I've used Razer, Corsair and G.Skill Keyboards.

Never could get used to the Razer keys.

Love Corsair even with their 144must read manual on learning how to code RGB lighting.  Their Reds and Brown Keys were great.  Their wrist rest broke far too often unfortunately and the original k70 RGB didn't have a USB pass through.  So... I went to G.Skill KM780.  Same keys as the Corsair and the wrist rest is much better secured  and has never fallen off even when moving it.  It has the pass through.  The software to control the lighting isn't near as engaging or as good as Corsairs, but it has improved and is good enough.

I do miss the Corsair community who put out and share many different types of lighting modes, so it makes coding them unnecessary cause someone else already has most of the time.

I don't see anything major from Asus other than a detachable 10 key.  That is nice tho I'm not sure I'd ever move it to the left side.  I might just take it off if i were to buy this keyboard, but at this time, probably not.

I do enjoy the Spatha mouse tho. As noted earlier I'm loving it.  It has very good wireless capabilities and it is a very nice and heavy mouse which is the way I like em.  :)

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

5 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

My keyboard and Glorious wrist rest beg to differ. Also the 3rd party wrist rest is not wide enough... thankfully it can move... still annoying to have to move it as I use the numpad often for both navigation and number entry. Back and forth, back and forth... not a problem I have at home with my G710 with attached wrist rest. 

$2 piece of plastic... should be included.

I have the G710+ and that wrist rest sucks.... I'd rather they just not waste the effort. I'm buying a third party one for a reason. Idc how wide it is if it isn't comfortable. 

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody find any more updates on the Claymore? I've seen possibly mid October for release, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

• 4 weeks later...

Available soonTM

3 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

Available soonTM

They've been saying that in what, a full year now? Lol... is it me or Asus is coming a little late to the RGB party?

11 minutes ago, Vox_Lusa said:

They've been saying that in what, a full year now? Lol... is it me or Asus is coming a little late to the RGB party?

Oh the party is already over.

The only people left are those drunk guys Corsair and Razer that wont stop throwing up.

• 5 weeks later...

SPecs are saying it is USB 2... so to get that many colours it would need 2 usb 2.0 plug ins.... This seem strange.  i'm hoping they meant usb 3 cause USB 2 does nothing for me.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

I see that Asus has started some pre-orders on the CORE version which is the keyboard with out the 10key portion.  Not sure what the stats are on the number of people that don't/won't use a keyboard without a 10key pad, but I would have to think MORE would want it than those that are fine without.  So this decision to put out the CORE version is a little suspect.  So either there is a stock issue or more likely (in my opinion) there are still issues with the 10 key pad that need to be overcome.

Still doesn't have a wrist rest and no dedicated media keys.  You can sync it with Aura apparently which I suppose is cool if you have a Spatha.  You can apparently also directly change BIOS features using the keyboard directly.

• 2 weeks later...

The Asus North America twitter page posted that it's coming next month.

Last I heard on their ROG forums is that they were still working out the bugs with the 10key which is why they didn't roll it out at the same time with the "core".