Asus ROG Claymore & Spatha Database

16 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

i wouldnt be surprised if they have changed it again.

They should just use the Pixart PMW 3366DM then and forget the marketing of something as "comparable to the best"...

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Arrgh that is what I thought.  Laser all the way.  A shame really.  Considering a year ago they were asking the populous as to what sensor we'd like to see in it, I find it hard that people would vote A9800 over the 3366DM or something else.  Still not as bad as it could be but .. bleah.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

I have to say it absolutely amazes me that Asus has said, "Hey all it is now available!" and yet it is no where to be found.  One place in the UK has pre-orders with no date set and one place in the US/Canada NCIX.com has it listed but once again no idea on when they will get stock.

Asus is great when it comes to actual items and PR, but absolutely suck when it comes to customer service and delivery.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

So while we are on the subject, any word about the Claymore?  I love the idea of a removable/switchable 10 key, tho I'm not to happy with what looks like zero hand rest.

41 minutes ago, brighttail said:

So while we are on the subject, any word about the Claymore?  I love the idea of a removable/switchable 10 key, tho I'm not to happy with what looks like zero hand rest.

Here is some additional information: http://rog.asus.com/19782016/featured/ces-2016-rogs-killer-peripherals-claymore-spatha-and-7-1-headset/

You can overclock your CPU with hotkeys if you own a ROG motherboard

4 hours ago, milinc26 said:

The Spatha is out now. You can buy it on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826785106&cm_re=asus_rog_spatha-_-26-785-106-_-Product

It's still unavailable on Amazon though.

Thanks. Found it available here in Canada for less than I thought. Went ahead and purchased.  If I don't like it i'll return it.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any further news on the Claymore, I know that it's been shown at Computex but again no release date, I heard Q2 this year but frankly I've been holding off too long for this keyboard now, might just pick up a Ducky One TKL RGB instead of waiting for this (wanted this for the RoG Aura integration and hotkeys overclocking...)

6 hours ago, AkXf1re said:

Is there any further news on the Claymore, I know that it's been shown at Computex but again no release date, I heard Q2 this year but frankly I've been holding off too long for this keyboard now, might just pick up a Ducky One TKL RGB instead of waiting for this (wanted this for the RoG Aura integration and hotkeys overclocking...)

I still have mixed feelings on this keyboard. I really like the ability to take off the 10 key if you don't want it or move it to the other side, but every picture I have seen there simply is no wrist rest.  I can't imagine why they would leave something so simple that is on 95% of the keyboards out there off.

• 1 month later...

The final product will not have a wrist rest at all.  That is a deal breaker for me. :(  I can't believe in this day and age where EVERY single high end keyboard has a wrist rest they don't at least have an option for one. :(

1 hour ago, brighttail said:

That is a deal breaker for me.

There's something to be said for wrist rests that attach to the keyboard. Using this Glorious wrist rest sucks, cuz I move my keyboard around... and the wrist rest and they're constantly out of 'sync'. Also, not wide enough, could be an inch longer hence sliding back and forth is part of using it... which shouldn't be the case in my experience with keyboards that have a rest attached.

People that say 'you can buy your own', just don't 'get' it.

Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

• 3 weeks later...

where's the numpad?

On 8/1/2016 at 2:12 PM, brighttail said:

The final product will not have a wrist rest at all.  That is a deal breaker for me. :(  I can't believe in this day and age where EVERY single high end keyboard has a wrist rest they don't at least have an option for one. :(

You can just get a separate wrist rests 10 time BETTER than any included wrist rest. Most of the time the ones included are hard, uncomfortable and only there for aesthetics.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

The good keyboards that I have used from Corsair and even this G.Skill has a very comfortable wrist rests.  Yes one can buy gel wrist rests or other type, but if you can't secure it to the keyboard, then it becomes moot for me. I often play with the keyboard on my lap.  It is unfortunate is all I'm saying.

It also looks like it comes with a USB type C connector.  This means without an adapter it will have a small base of folks that can use it out of the box.

DSC_2571.JPG

10 minutes ago, brighttail said:

-snip-

Looks more like a micro-b. They could very well just be reusing the same cable as they use on their Asus Gladius mouse. 

3 minutes ago, HydraGaming said:

Looks more like a micro-b. They could very well just be reusing the same cable as they use on their Asus Gladius mouse. 

I think i see a center piece in there, if so it is a type C. 

I really want the Claymore, but damm ASUS, release your fucking products already!

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

I really want the Claymore, but Damm ASUS, release your fucking products already!

Yeah I have no issue with them announcing stuff at CES or such but over a year tells me that either they had some major problems in the creation of the product that they wanted or that they were so focused on their other items like new GPU/MBs that they completely set this product aside.  It is a shame.

Either way it really makes me wonder about how good the keyboard will be?  You know it is going to cost $199.99 USD.

18 minutes ago, brighttail said:

I think i see a center piece in there, if so it is a type C. 

but do you see the shape? type C has rounded edges and therefore can be inserted any way but that thing wont. The bottom piece is not the same as the top piece.

Yeah blowing it up further I see what you mean so a microUSB.  That is good then.

4 minutes ago, brighttail said:

-snip-

Eh, I can just put on a pretty face and ask for it for Christmas, that's if it releases this century.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

Just now, Citadelen said:

Eh, I can just put on a pretty face and ask for it for Christmas, that's if it releases this century.

Honestly except for the removable 10 keypad and the aesthetics of the Mayan face plate, it is really the same thing as any Corsair keyboard. It uses the same keys that Corsair had exclusively for a little less than a year.  It will be ran by Asus Armoury so I don't know if that will be able to sync with Asus Aura and the ability to record macro keys on the fly can be done with any decent keyboard now.

Now I have bought stuff strictly because of how it looks, but looking at this more and more I'm not seeing much difference from the other keyboards on the market now. Except it doesn't have a wrist rest and you can detach the 10 key pad.

2 minutes ago, brighttail said:

Honestly except for the removable 10 keypad and the aesthetics of the Mayan face plate, it is really the same thing as any Corsair keyboard. It uses the same keys that Corsair had exclusively for a little less than a year.  It will be ran by Asus Armoury so I don't know if that will be able to sync with Asus Aura and the ability to record macro keys on the fly can be done with any decent keyboard now.

Now I have bought stuff strictly because of how it looks, but looking at this more and more I'm not seeing much difference from the other keyboards on the market now. Except it doesn't have a wrist rest and you can detach the 10 key pad.

The macro manager for their Asus Gladius had the ability to record on the fly but was insanely buggy and missed a few features.