Peter Moore says EA would delay Star Wars Battlefront if it "isn't right"

XTankSlayerX

ZtmIXeLC6MfK.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

^Source^

Peter Moore, EA's chief operating officer, told MCV that the publisher wouldn't hesitate to push the game back if it has to, just like it did with Battlefield Hardline. "You can’t ship it if it doesn’t work or the quality isn’t right," he said. "You just bite the bullet. Trust me, shipping Hardline in March was not the easiest thing to do from a business perspective, but it was the right thing to do from a player perspective."

It's the sort of "gamers first" rhetoric you'd expect to hear from a game company executive, but it fits with Wilson's promise from last year of a "fundamental shift" in EA's approach to making games, which includes delaying titles that aren't ready for the big time. That could be placed into the "talk is cheap" category too, but sooner or later, EA is going to have to be credited for following through on its promises.

But there's apparently no need to worry about Star Wars: Battlefront, anyway: Moore said it's already "rock solid," even in 40-player matches, and so a delay "ain't going to happen." Assuming he's right, Star Wars Battlefront will be out on November 17.

Inb4 EA is... Well EA. I really do think they'll pull through. Just like they did with BFH (Execution was great, The idea and the PC Market... Not so much)

People already hate the new game (Even though its not released, womp) because there's stuff missing... Even though (IMO) They don't seem too big of a deal, Sure space battles may be missing, there may be fewer maps and things... But it's still probably going to be a fantastic game.

Good, the PC community is not taking BS anymore. Batman was the perfect example.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

The Batman effect... anyways this game will be shit as fuck, few maps and vehicles, I remember playing a shit ton of maps in BattleFront II

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

Good, the PC community is not taking BS anymore. Batman was the perfect example.

As opposed to the other examples previous to Batman.

In general, I think PC ports of EA games have been absolutely stellar for the most part. Well they might be doing some shady stuff with DRM and milking us with DLC, but hey no one is perfect!

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

So when the trailer talked about how the badman died. did we kill the batman? did this be that we sacrificed the dark knight to show an example for big publishers? are we even better then the joker?

In general, I think PC ports of EA games have been absolutely stellar for the most part. Well they might be doing some shady stuff with DRM and milking us with DLC, but hey no one is perfect!

Honestly this. I have a lot of faith in EA games working well out of the box. Never had any problems. FIFA, battlefield, mirrors edge, all the bioware titles all ran perfect for me. Only hiccup I can remember in recent years is sim city which I had desire in.

Well if they didnt fuck it up in the first place, they shouldnt be worried about having to delay it...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I expect a smooth launch in terms of technical stuff and graphical performance.

There will probably be gameplay stuff and multiplayer balancing etc that has to be ironed out though...

Not really the Batman effect.. Same thing happened with Hardline. Dice/EA is trying harder to listen to their player base.

I expect a smooth launch in terms of technical stuff and graphical performance.

There will probably be gameplay stuff and multiplayer balancing etc that has to be ironed out though...

I think the content is another big issue I hope they do something about.

Welp, let's hope for the best for Battle Front.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

DA:I wasn't perfect, but compared to the utter fiasco's that have been the majority of triple A titles in the last year and a half, even it was a relative success (and one of my favorite games ever, but I love the laughter).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I was under the impression that EA had developers so bound by a schedule that it never allows any game to be late.

Scared of them potential Origin refunds?  

Good!!!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Should have a open beta during August and if the game is as underwhelming as some people say it is then they should delay it to make it better. Just like they did with Hardline, it isn't just about performance.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I'm honestly not worried about battlefront. hardline launch without any tech issues, and battlefield 4 runs like butter now. I would expect them to re-use a lot of the netcode from bf4, so hopefully lag won't be an issue. it is launching with 12 maps, bf4 launched with 10 (seems like it has 30 now lol). sure it isn't launching with space battles, but if people ask for it, and they think we will buy it then it could just come later next year anyway. I haven't decided if I am going to pre-order or not, but I'm going to enjoy it. Also, I am going to buy a new 980ti for my system before it comes out.

EDIT: THEY HAVE TO have a beta at least a month before release, or something will catch them with their pants down.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I hope so. I'm concerned it will be pushed to meet the deadline because of the movie.

i believe we never took the BS, its just that for the first time ever we had an option to retaliate (by refunding the game) 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

Honestly this. I have a lot of faith in EA games working well out of the box. Never had any problems. FIFA, battlefield, mirrors edge, all the bioware titles all ran perfect for me. Only hiccup I can remember in recent years is sim city which I had desire in.

Yeah they really fucked this game up with the always-online DRM :/

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

EA is saying this because they know what happened the last time DICE Stockholm released a game - BF4.

We can go back in forth on dev vs publisher and who was really at fault (IMHO, both sides were guilty) but the fact remains that DICE willingly built a game using ancient netcode with insultingly low tic rates and general terribleness in code that took DICE LA ~8 months to finally patch and present in a very competent and enjoyable manner.

Not surprising that EA is saying they're willing to delay the game. They don't need another BF4 type launch where online play is effectively trash because of how poorly coded the backend is.

Basically Peter criticized Rocksteady for shipping a broken unfinished PC port. He doesn't want his game to fall down as we all have a HUGE influence on feedback as you could've seen with Batman Arkham Knight, WE... Brought it down the store. WE did it.

All hail the PC MasterRace! :) and consoles too ofc. 

P.S. I hope there's gonna be a Battlefront CTE, I wouldn't resist to purchase the "Season Pass" or "Premium" to get access to it. and DICE LA to run it :)

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

The only problem with this is that EA gets to decide if Battlefront is right or not and not the fans. As it currently stands, I'm not going to buy Battlefront unless it goes on sale for really cheap in a year or two.