Riding a bike at 12 am...

Just rode home and I must say... That was epic.. The best part was it was downhill the whole way to my house, I kept a constant speed of like 55-60kmh and the roads were just empty as fuck so it was really nice. Only thing is there was a bump that was pretty well hidden, and I hit it and almost pooped myself.

I'm thinking about just going on rides at 12 am now, they are way more fun than normal day time riding..

Anyone else try this and have the same feelings about it?

yeah, i dont really want to be out at 12 am by myself in this neighbourhood unless i have to

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Are you still high?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Night rides are very enjoyable. I go for night rides on my MTB with lights, makes it seem like you are going super fast when really you are going slower than usual. :P

Always use lights of some sort while riding at night. (Of course, just stating the obvious.)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Night rides are very enjoyable. I go for night rides on my MTB with lights, makes it seem like you are going super fast when really you are going slower than usual. :P

Always use lights of some sort while riding at night. (Of course, just stating the obvious.)

Stay safe my friends. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Night rides and more enjoyable because the wind is (usually) much calmer.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Do you have a flash light at least? 

Yea I have a red blinking light that goes on the back of my bike and a light on the front of my bike which doesn't do much, the roads are lit though so you can see. Not sure how I didn't see that bump though, it was like a lil pothole I didn't notice I guess

You know what's fun? I spray painted my old bike black and did some slight red and blue on it. I found some red and blue lights and they flashed. I ended up putting a siren on that puppy. Well I took it to a camp ground once ( Not a state park ) So drinking was allowed and all that jazz. 1:30 a.m. Riding a bike around that looks like a cop is riding it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. All those silly drunk groups running like crazy hahaha even though drinking was allowed there, Tou knew who was and want drunk because everyone who wasn't drunk stays and knew they wouldn't get in trouble.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Yea I love night rides/early morning rides

I live in a desert, so it's cool and even sort of humid at night, which is nice. 

I don't ride bike, but I sometimes go on a walk at 23:00. I like the silence.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

yeah, i dont really want to be out at 12 am by myself in this neighbourhood unless i have to

Yeah I live in Cleveland and my bike would get jacked x3.

That's slow... I'm forced to do it everyday while returning home from my job which ends at around 11pm sometimes 12. Since my journey lasts 30mins it is fun for 10 mins or so then I'm like so bored ...

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

I drive frequently from 12am-4am, and I'd have to say I wouldn't ride a bike at that time in the same areas without a gun. I don't have a carry gun currently, I think I'll stick to my car. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I like going on runs at night, nice and cold

Just rode home and I must say... That was epic.. The best part was it was downhill the whole way to my house, I kept a constant speed of like 55-60kmh and the roads were just empty as fuck so it was really nice. Only thing is there was a bump that was pretty well hidden, and I hit it and almost pooped myself.

I'm thinking about just going on rides at 12 am now, they are way more fun than normal day time riding..

Anyone else try this and have the same feelings about it?

Ehehe trust me falling at that speed hurts, I broke my head (nothing serious though) falling off the bike, that damn pedal broke  :angry:

hope you riding safe, like with a head gear, flashlight and no alcohol in your system.