Batman: Arkham Knight doesn't like AMD cards... or any PC at all

Techhog

Seems more and more games are optimized for Nvidia cards, which to me is okay since I will only buy Nvidia cards anyways. :P It does suck for AMD users though. Whether that's the devs fault or AMD's.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

so devs should optimise for 30+ cards sorry but no nvidia and amd know there product better than. Devs so the know hoe to get the best performance out of the cards so the should optimise for the game

So GPU manufacturers should optimize for 10 000+ games instead? Do you realize how many games are being relased? AMD simply dont have budget to go to each dev and help them with optimizations. Devs are being lazy AF and dont do it properly them selves. NVIDIA has budget for this and is happily doing it as it is making their marketing better.

Isn't origins the only one to not be from rocksteady? 

it was still heavily optimized for nvidia.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I hop e the use of proprietary game middleware doesn't become a common thing, I think it will make the market very one-sided. As it will mean AMD's cards will have to be dropped in price further and they will become even less competitive, and as well all know, a one side market is bad for every consumer, which ever side of the fence you sit on.

It also has 3.5 gigabyte patch on launch. After several delays.

What the hell is going on with this game?

The real question is , what the hell is going on with the game industry?

Proprietary tech is going to wreck it...like it wasn't already doing it.

I really miss those days when I'd go into a shop, see a game, buy it, install it and play.

Now we have preorders..but wait there's a season pass, oh and some DLCs.

As for running bad on AMD... AMD's guys are smart, they'll nail it in a week or two. OFC...there are going to be shitstorms on all forums about how bad AMD is and how is it going to kill your PSU, and heat your room...etc.

We tell them it's not really like that, but they say "No...Batman, Batman....." I don't think you're going to get this joke...

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

it is also dx12, lets see how a real world dx12 game works.

Where does it say this game is dx12 enable? if that was the case pc publications should be on top of it, since is the first game on sale that has it and that's not the case

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Where does it say this game is dx12 enable? if that was the case pc publications should be on top of it, since is the first game on sale that has it and that's not the case

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/the_witcher_3_and_batman_arkham_knight_to_support_dx12/1

Post release patch.

Just a thought: if AMD rebranded everything at the same scale of performance, they'll "throw" even more engineers at the (drivers) problem....right? Or at least this should be the last DX11 shitperforming game on my card....right? (DX12 just around the corner)

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

devs scale up PhysX in latest Batman title.

AMD performs like shit due to PhysX

Who didn't see this coming... like all the previous games.

On PS4,saw the 'frame rating' video that digital foundry did, really nice particle/lighting effects and a great looking game, to be expected its 30fps.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah proprietary tech man... bummer.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Just a thought: if AMD rebranded everything at the same scale of performance, they'll "throw" even more engineers at the (drivers) problem....right? Or at least this should be the last DX11 shitperforming game on my card....right? (DX12 just around the corner)

despite dx12 having a ridicules amount of support since dx9, i don't see it being common like dx11 is now, until maybe early next year, those that support it now are using beta tools on beta software and rebuilding the render pipeline for dx12 is not a simple flicker of a switch, i expect dx12 to be mainstream on at least big budget games when visual studio 2015 (the windows sdk) releases officially and when w10 gets a sizable market share which should be faster that any other windows os due to being temporally free

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So GPU manufacturers should optimize for 10 000+ games instead? Do you realize how many games are being relased? AMD simply dont have budget to go to each dev and help them with optimizations. Devs are being lazy AF and dont do it properly them selves. NVIDIA has budget for this and is happily doing it as it is making their marketing better.

yes because thats how it works.  sorry to burst your bubble but why do you think that every major game gets driver updates....the engine dosnt directly interact with the hardware it has to go through drivers and the os what your saying is....wrong.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

yes because thats how it works.  sorry to burst your bubble but why do you think that every major game gets driver updates....the engine dosnt directly interact with the hardware it has to go through drivers and the os what your saying is....wrong.

Well technically, it works like that because both devs and GPU vendors work together. You can't have GPU vendors optimizing for a game without help from the dev and other way applies as well. Congratulations, you're both right...

Well technically, it works like that because both devs and GPU vendors work together. You can't have GPU vendors optimizing for a game without help from the dev and other way applies as well. Congratulations, you're both right...

yeah but with out the gpu vendors, devs have no chance of optimising there game hence AMD always being behind

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

*Looks at my 980Ti*  :rolleyes:

If I had an AMD card I wouldn't be too worried anyway, hopefully a month or 2 and some driver fixes and it'll run ok, lots of games to catch up on in the mean time, but if you did pre order to play it right away then this does kinda suck, hopefully this will be the last big game release for a while AMD will have issues with, otherwise it'll make peoples choice between 980ti and fury x a lot easier, I would rather have a close race!

We still don't know what the issue is. If it's tessellation again, then the problem isn't going to really apply to the Fury X.

Every single Batman game has run like shit on AMD (edit: from Origins and beyond), as they are all GameWorks titles. Read this for Origin, which is probably the worst one:http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd/2

AMD has even stated the developer of that game flat out refused to implement things, that would make the game run better on AMD hardware.

I guess WB gets a lot of "incentives" from NVidia to make such horribly optimized games.

Has anyone noticed that AMD optimized games never run like shit, period? Not on AMD, not on NVidia, not anything. Then you have NVidia titles like Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Unity, Batman Origins (and now Knight as well), just to look at a few examples.

Same shit every time. Vendor lock, rip off prices, proprietary crap, that runs bad on everything, but mostly on AMD. And consumers constantly encourage this behaviour. I just don't get it.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Every single Batman game has run like shit in AMD, as they are all GameWorks titles. Read this for Origin, which is probably the worst one:http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd/2

AMD has even stated the developer of that game flat out refused to implement things, that would make the game run better on AMD hardware.

I guess WB gets a lot of "incentives" from NVidia to make such horribly optimized games.

Has anyone noticed that AMD optimized games never run like shit, period? Not on AMD, not on NVidia, not anything. Then you have NVidia titles like Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Unity, Batman Origins (and now Knight as well), just to look at a few examples.

Same shit every time. Vendor lock, rip off prices, proprietary crap, that runs bad on everything, but mostly on AMD. And consumers constantly encourage this behaviour. I just don't get it.

The only exception is Battlefield 4, but as most know that was EA's fault for launching a game when it wasn't finished

yeah but with out the gpu vendors, devs have no chance of optimising there game hence AMD always being behind

Same can be said for the devs. Without the devs, you expect AMD to blindly optimize for a game?

EDIT: Say you have a trainer and an athlete. Without the athlete, the trainer is meaningless. Without the trainer, the athlete can only do so much...

Has anyone noticed that AMD optimized games never run like shit, period?

What about BF4, Crysis 3, BFH, GTA V (For the first week or 2 on AMD)? Not to mention for the first month I had major stability issues with Civ BE...  

Do those games don't count? 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

What about BF4, Crysis 3, BFH, GTA V (For the first week or 2 on AMD)? Not to mention for the first month I had major stability issues with Civ BE...  

Do those games don't count? 

I think the entire industry would prefer to wipe the launch of BF4 from their minds. That was a proper disaster top to bottom.