Batman: Arkham Knight doesn't like AMD cards... or any PC at all

Techhog

Well, from what I'm hearing this launch is as bad as AC:U's PC launch. It runs like crap no matter what you have anyway. Also, the minimum AMD requirement was 7870 before, but they changed it.

I'd hope not considering the game was originally slated to come out last year.

I'm bracing myself to be disappointed though. It seems to run well on consoles which is a good sign.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

2/3GB for minimum memory requirements? I'm calling bullshit. So many devs seem to have ridiculous minimum specs, but they can be run on much, much less. 

It's so convenient just to leave everything in the frame buffer. It removes a lot of the programming difficulty of running a lean streaming engine. In some ways I guess if memory keeps expanding, may as well take advantage, but to have no fallback for older card holders or those who can't afford a GTX *70+ or Radeon *80+ is a really shitty play.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Can we drop this bloody gameworks thing... It's so toxic. 

Also in terms of optimization in games, developers only do so much - typically they optimize at a high level and leave it there. They shouldn't be expected to write driver code for the IHVs, which are fine-tuned for the architecture they are running on.

OMG how much of a fan boy do you need to be not to get this....if it was lazy devs both vendors would be having issues, its not its only AMD that appears to be having issues implying that nvidia are helping the devs and devs are working with nvidia.  the devs job and skill set is to make games not deal with drivers, the vendors skill set is much higher and  i guarantee that the guys who work for the vendors on drivers could walk through the code for a game with ease, given driver code is far more complex and unless im mistaken is assembly code, the code that is used to write the code that games are written in. SNIP

BTW drivers are written in C, possibly objective C in some places.

I CALLED IT!

People don't believe me when I said it will not run well on AMD weeks before release, there you go!

Well I mean its obvious, its an Nvidia title just like every Arkham game out there and yet many people don't believe me.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

the best solution i see is ppl to boycot gamework titles, if they get the reputation of being the most pirated games, i think publisher would think twice before adding it.

Ha, that's actually a pretty good joke. I'm willing to make a bet that such a thing won't happen, the only realistic solution is AMD finds a way to work around Gameworks rather than trying to market it as another "evil" created by NVIDIA. Let's face it, would you rather see AMD improve or them continue to spout bullshit in an attempt to prevent NVIDIA from furthering the industry in their favor?

I'd bet AMD's drivers and overall relevancy in the dedicated GPU market would improve if marketing dept. received less funding and development gained it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Ha, that's actually a pretty good joke. I'm willing to make a bet that such a thing won't happen, the only realistic solution is AMD finds a way to work around Gameworks rather than trying to market it as another "evil" created by NVIDIA. Let's face it, would you rather see AMD improve or them continue to spout bullshit in an attempt to prevent NVIDIA from furthering the industry in their favor?

I'd bet AMD's drivers and overall relevancy in the dedicated GPU market would improve if marketing dept. received less funding and development gained it.

NVidia bridged a gap between game developers and IHVs that shouldn't have existed. They also pay wages for developers that don't "work" for them, they spend their time with other developers. I would expect them to reap some benefits...

I'd hope not considering the game was originally slated to come out last year.

I'm bracing myself to be disappointed though. It seems to run well on consoles which is a good sign.  

Based on my experience, Nvidia users need to make sure they did a clean install of the driver. Also, 30FPS cap by default, but it's easy enough to remove in the the same way you could remove the 62FPS cap in previous games.

It's better optimized than City DX11, but it's not as optimized as Origins (though it also hasn't crashed my computer like Origins has a few times).

i already renounce to the batman series a long time back

Cape-Benchmark-StandardTessellation-640x

BenchmarkWireframe-Ground-640x360.jpg

"all Gameworks games sucks"

- - - - 

i take the easy way... i just don't buy it

if i want it play it like for 1h i just ask a friend his PS4  :lol:

(all gameworks games run awesome there anyway)

big win for Sony i must say  ^_^

I CALLED IT!

People don't believe me when I said it will not run well on AMD weeks before release, there you go!

Well I mean its obvious, its an Nvidia title just like every Arkham game out there and yet many people don't believe me.

This is not an AMD specific issue. Let's not make it into that. NVIDIA users are screwed too. Go through the steam user reviews...

this is to be expected from a batman game, no big deal...just buy it for $10 in the christmas sale.

I got the two first ones off a $4 Humble Bundle and the third from its biggest cut on Steam which was -85% :P

Still haven't played them... Except the first one for a little bit.

They all run great on a 560 Ti and Athlon II X4 750. (HTPC)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I CALLED IT!

Everyone is having issues, not just AMD users.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

how long were you waiting to use that ?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Batman sucks anyway

Devs are lazy pieces of shit

Gameworks is killing pc gaming

No to proprietary bullshit

AMD 4 lyfe

flame-war-exit.jpg

I CALLED IT!

No sir, I said in this thread that like all gameworks games it would run like shit on all cards even Nvidia, henceforth it was that called it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why should be someone moron if he buys 300 series? Yes it is stupid to upgrade to 390x if you have 290x now but if you have ATI 5870 it makes sense to go fo 300 instead of 200... at least in my country since the 300 series cards are cheaper than the 200 series cards in most cases.

Really? The 300s cost less than 200s where your at? I guess your country is an exception because everywhere else the 300s cost a hundred more.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Every single Batman game has run like shit on AMD (edit: from Origins and beyond), as they are all GameWorks titles. Read this for Origin, which is probably the worst one:http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/173511-nvidias-gameworks-program-usurps-power-from-developers-end-users-and-amd/2

AMD has even stated the developer of that game flat out refused to implement things, that would make the game run better on AMD hardware.

I guess WB gets a lot of "incentives" from NVidia to make such horribly optimized games.

Has anyone noticed that AMD optimized games never run like shit, period? Not on AMD, not on NVidia, not anything. Then you have NVidia titles like Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Unity, Batman Origins (and now Knight as well), just to look at a few examples.

Same shit every time. Vendor lock, rip off prices, proprietary crap, that runs bad on everything, but mostly on AMD. And consumers constantly encourage this behaviour. I just don't get it.

I ran both Previous titles perfectly fine with my 7850.  Granted I didn't buy them on launch though, but I played Origins right away I recall. No issues.

I did not play AK yet....like I've said before I sold it.

Really? The 300s cost less than 200s where your at? I guess your country is an exception because everywhere else the 300s cost a hundred more.

I just checked from our European supplier, the 300 series is indeed cheaper than the 200 series.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I was so bummed off when I launched it last night. Pissed off to be exact. What in the hell were they thinking

They change the minimum requirement.

hahaha that just funny.

0c7027856c.jpg

7950???7950???? for minimum requirement?????

I just checked from our European supplier, the 300 series is indeed cheaper than the 200 series.

Then its a better choice for people in your region, your pricing actually reflects what the card is; A driver update.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

i said it before and i'll say it again , Pre order needs to die

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-order-exclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

rocksteady going full Ubisoft here....

AMD Rig - (Upgraded): FX 8320 @ 4.8 Ghz, Corsair H100i GTX, ROG Crosshair V Formula, Ghz, 16 GB 1866 Mhz Ram, Msi R9 280x Gaming 3G @ 1150 Mhz, Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB, Win 10 Home

(My first Intel + Nvidia experience  - recently bought ) : MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G ( i7 6820HK, 16 GB RAM, 980M SLI, GSync, 1080p , 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD... FeelsGoodMan