Batman: Arkham Knight doesn't like AMD cards... or any PC at all

Techhog

Given that these are the same devs who used 64x tessellation on Batman's cape in Arkham Asylum, optimizing game code doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

i said it before and i'll say it again , Pre order needs to die

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/376554-pre-order-exclusives-this-practise-needs-to-die/

Not everyone pre-ordered as well. I and many the last few months got the game free with the NVIDIA promotion when you buy a new graphics card.

It's pretty damn bad if the game they're promoting can't even run on their products.

I managed a lovely 5 minutes of gameplay at 15-20 fps with SLI 980Tis. It constantly crashes :(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Not everyone pre-ordered as well. I and many the last few months got the game free with the NVIDIA promotion when you buy a new graphics card.

It's pretty damn bad if the game they're promoting can't even run on their products.

I managed a lovely 5 minutes of gameplay at 15-20 fps with SLI 980Tis. It constantly crashes :(

makes no fucking sense. If you're going to release on all 3 platforms give equal time to everything.
its unfathomable that in this day and age companies still think they can lie to their customers and get away with it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I AM BATMAN

that's all, got a Nvidia card lol :P

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

makes no fucking sense. If you're going to release on all 3 platforms give equal time to everything.
its unfathomable that in this day and age companies still think they can lie to their customers and get away with it.

It's infuriating really. The same graphics engine managed over 60fps with a 4870 512MB GPU in it's heyday, and sure they did improve it a lot, but now it's useless garbage. 

It makes you wonder how NVIDIA even signed off on it launching in this state considering it's a Gameworks title.

I thought the Witcher 3 launch day was bad, but at least I could play that game.

It's infuriating really. The same graphics engine managed over 60fps with a 4870 512MB GPU in it's heyday, and sure they did improve it a lot, but now it's useless garbage.

It makes you wonder how NVIDIA even signed off on it launching in this state considering it's a Gameworks title.

I don't think Nvidia 'signs off' the game. It's not a certification program. The infamous Assasin's Creed unity and watchdogs games were also NVIDIA titles...

Do devs / publishers even have separate teams for different platforms or do they rather just spend that money on marketing (which is getting ridiculous with each generation) and work the existing team to death???

I wanted to get this game ASAP (without preordering... say no to preordering).  I'm a fan of the Arkham games (and Batman in general) but seeing these threads means I'll just hold off and finish Dark Souls 2.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I don't think Nvidia 'signs off' the game. It's not a certification program. The infamous Assasin's Creed unity and watchdogs games were also NVIDIA titles...

They claim to work closely with the developers. This shows it's all completely bollox really. 

Overclocked SLI 980Ti's and this is the best I can manage is 44 fps on average. That's when it doesn't crash, which is most of the time.

Overclocked SLI 980Ti's and this is the best I can manage is 44 fps on average.

What resolution?

What resolution?

Ah at 1440p. When the game decides to run, it's stuttering all over the place and has lots of lag spikes.

Ran the ingame benchmark here

Ah at 1440p. When the game decides to run, it's stuttering all over the place and has lots of lag spikes.

Ran the ingame benchmark here

Quite bad. Considering you have two of the near fastest GPUs in the world in SLI. In GTA V or Witcher 3 a single 970 or R9 290 will perform like that at 1440p maxed.

Also a lot of people are saying that the benchmark runs a lot better than the actual game.

edit- saw your comment on youtube about how they have outsourced the PC port. That explains a lot

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341

Quite bad. Considering you have two of the near fastest GPUs in the world in SLI. In GTA V or Witcher 3 a single 970 or R9 290 will perform like that at 1440p maxed.

Also a lot of people are saying that the benchmark runs a lot better than the actual game.

edit- saw your comment on youtube about how they have outsourced the PC port. That explains a lot

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341

Yeah the benchmark is smoother than in game. There are constant lag spikes that are micro pauses in the actual game. It's horrible. 44 fps, then 1-2 for 1 second, then back up.

Shadow of mordor ? that's the best PC port besides GTA 5 in the last year

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Shadow of mordor ? that's the best PC port besides GTA 5 in the last year

I found the Witcher 3 to be excellent, although it's taken a few patches. Even then it wasn't this bad on launch.

GTA 5 is the best port I've played in years on launch day. 

I still can't believe what a mess Batman is. 

I had GPUZ open and neither of my cards were even over 35% usage. This is with NVIDIA's new driver, which itself is a buggy piece of poop. I can't play the Witcher 3 with 353.30.

Apparently, the pc version is not the only thing that had a lack of  QA, pic below taken from this link:

download-1.jpg

Rock On!